Author Topic: Chris Kluwe may sue Vikings  (Read 24561 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Chris Kluwe, on the circumstances of his release from the Vikings
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 01:17:09 PM »
I read through most of this but didn't bother to finish it (when I saw it light Twitter up like a Chrismas tree a little while ago).

Here are my thoughts:

1) Kluwe isn't super-talented, playing a position that gets loads of turnover, on a bad team. His 45.68 yards/punt average ranks 50th among all punters since 2011. Maybe it wasn't his mouth that got him shitcanned?

2) He was asked repeatedly by the team to not be such a loudmouth. I'm not against his message, but it's amazing how people believe when a bigot like the guy from Duck Dynasty says something it's: "You have a right to say what you want, but you have to expect consequences" but when someone is outspoken like this it is expected that there shouldn't be consequences.

I'm anti-bigotry and I respect that he's publicly outspoken on the topic of the right to marriage. Still, you know you're a player in a sport that clearly shuns homosexuality. You can say what you want, you can believe what you want, but you can't expect there to be no consequences.

This guy is a hero to the anti-athlete nerd crowd because he plays Warcraft as well as a professional sport. Where was the outrage for Kerry Rhodes when he couldn't get a job after his boyfriend revealed himself?

He is better than the crap the Jets have now. So he spoke out about gay marriage, supposedly the owner said it was ok. He's right aboout Frasier and the other shitbags, they're not good coaches anyhow. Who cares what the player says about that stuff as long as it's not derogatory to the team he plays for. It's a free society, it's not like he said anything wrong. It's just that jesus freaks and all assorted other ignorant bastards get pissed about this issue, a non event to anyone that isn't a mouth breather.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 01:17:57 PM »
Rhodes is also kind of a douche and IIRC, denies he's gay.

My only point was that Rhodes was far more talented at his position than Kluwe was at his, yet the clear bigotry against Rhodes went unspoken while the nerd hero is being RT'd on Twitter every 5 seconds right now.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 01:19:51 PM »
Rhodes is also kind of a douche and IIRC, denies he's gay.

Yeah he is firmly in the one time doesn't make you a fag corner.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 01:24:04 PM »
My only point was that Rhodes was far more talented at his position than Kluwe was at his, yet the clear bigotry against Rhodes went unspoken while the nerd hero is being RT'd on Twitter every 5 seconds right now.

There aren't pics of him like this:

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 01:24:24 PM »
He is better than the crap the Jets have now. So he spoke out about gay marriage, supposedly the owner said it was ok. He's right aboout Frasier and the other shitbags, they're not good coaches anyhow. Who cares what the player says about that stuff as long as it's not derogatory to the team he plays for. It's a free society, it's not like he said anything wrong. It's just that jesus freaks and all assorted other ignorant bastards get pissed about this issue, a non event to anyone that isn't a mouth breather.

Factually true, but only by .15 yards per punt. I wouldn't really call that "better."

As for the rest, I don't disagree. My other point was that the entire argument made against a bigot like the Duck Dynasty guy was "The right to free speech isn't freedom from consequences."

It can't be one-sided. If there are consequences to what you say, there are consequences to what you say. I'm a supporter of gay rights, but if I were a pro football player I'd probably keep my opinions to myself while I was active.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 01:25:49 PM »
Kluwe is also a good writer, and interacts with his fans a lot. He's written several articles for deadspin and he wrote a book. He's also not gay.  He's a straight guy speaking out for equality.

Rhodes is basically an poopchute diva and malcontent.  You have to be a total shitbag to not get along with Rex

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2014, 01:26:07 PM »
And wow, I had forgotten just how "close" Kerry and his "best friend" were in those pics.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 01:26:33 PM »
I don't think anyone was bigoted against Rhodes for being gay, they were bigoted against him for a being a lazy lady garden who couldn't be bothered tackling despite it being a key part of the job for which he was paid millions of dollars. If he'd come out and said, "Hey world, I'm gay" I suspect that most people would have said, "Good for you, now you've got that off your chest will you please go and freaking tackle someone?".
A cross-dressing limey poofter

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 01:28:03 PM »
Factually true, but only by .15 yards per punt. I wouldn't really call that "better."

As for the rest, I don't disagree. My other point was that the entire argument made against a bigot like the Duck Dynasty guy was "The right to free speech isn't freedom from consequences."

It can't be one-sided. If there are consequences to what you say, there are consequences to what you say. I'm a supporter of gay rights, but if I were a pro football player I'd probably keep my opinions to myself while I was active.

yards per punt is a excrement stat without any context

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2014, 01:30:14 PM »
I don't think anyone was bigoted against Rhodes for being gay, they were bigoted against him for a being a lazy lady garden who couldn't be bothered tackling despite it being a key part of the job for which he was paid millions of dollars. If he'd come out and said, "Hey world, I'm gay" I suspect that most people would have said, "Good for you, now you've got that off your chest will you please go and freaking tackle someone?".

And by the same token, Chris Kluwe isn't out of work so much for his opinion as he is because he can't kick.

That is my point.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2014, 01:31:46 PM »

And people are welcome to stop watching Duck Dynasty, just as any GM or owner is free to not hire Priefer now. That's more what this should be about.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2014, 01:33:16 PM »
Alio,you said you read the article. did you? He was told to punt shorter because of their excrement coverage teams.

Also, NET yards he's been about middle of the pack. He was always in the middle of the league in net yardage.

The guy punted on the same team for 8 years and had similar numbers. All of a sudden they decide it's a problem?

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2014, 01:33:35 PM »

Correct, I wouldn't harbor any resentment against Rhodes for being gay, it's the fact he can't/won't tackle and would rather take pics of his shirt off than play football.

However, lets not forget, Rhodes isn't confirmed gay. hahahahaha

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2014, 01:33:37 PM »
yards per punt is a excrement stat without any context

I don't know what stat you'd like to see to make the point that he's not very good. How about total yardage? He's 43rd on the list over the same 3 years in that catagory.

There isn't a whole lot of data to judge a punter by. Resulting yardage for the kicks they make is about it. He ranks lower than the total number of teams over the last three years.

He lost his job because he isn't very good, not because of his socio-political platform.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2014, 01:34:39 PM »
Alio,you said you read the article. did you? He was told to punt shorter because of their excrement coverage teams.

Also, NET yards he's been about middle of the pack. He was always in the middle of the league in net yardage.

The guy punted on the same team for 8 years and had similar numbers. All of a sudden they decide it's a problem?

Correctomundo

And people are welcome to stop watching Duck Dynasty, just as any GM or owner is free to not hire Priefer now. That's more what this should be about.

How do you stop watching a show you never watched?