Author Topic: lolCardinals  (Read 19500 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: lolCardinals
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2018, 11:32:33 AM »
I don't necessarily disagree on Peterson because of his age, but my point was that spending draft capital on a good player is fine in a rebuild IMO, because that's what you're supposed to do when you're rebuilding. I don't for example think that the Cooper trade was as terrible as many seem to, because he's young and has shown that he can do the job in the NFL. Are you going to get a better player with a mid first next year? Maybe, but it's far from a lock.

Gonna quote our good friend Italian Seafood...the draft is a crapshoot. I'm not gonna debate Peterson's worth because i know he's an elite option.  What i am gonna argue though is we need the draft capital to improve our offense (especially our interior oline). We spent picks to move up for Darnold, and i would do that 10 times out of 10 for him.  But i'm not willing to part with more picks when we have more roster holes to fill.  Our time isn't now.

The Saints are doing it, because they're contenders.  We're not.

EDIT: the next couple of draft classes are going to be pivotal. We need to surround Darnold with more talent. The Rams and Chiefs are excellent examples of this.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 11:34:07 AM by MBGreen »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2018, 11:35:37 AM »
I don't necessarily disagree on Peterson because of his age, but my point was that spending draft capital on a good player is fine in a rebuild IMO, because that's what you're supposed to do when you're rebuilding. I don't for example think that the Cooper trade was as terrible as many seem to, because he's young and has shown that he can do the job in the NFL. Are you going to get a better player with a mid first next year? Maybe, but it's far from a lock.

You’re not going to factor Cooper’s salary and the fact that he’s a year away from free agency into the equation?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2018, 12:02:33 PM »
Patrick Peterson is approaching the age of CB decline. I’m gonna pass based on the draft capital and contract. If we were one piece away from making a run I’d be all for it but we’re not.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2018, 12:08:16 PM »
You’re not going to factor Cooper’s salary and the fact that he’s a year away from free agency into the equation?

Not really, because those are circumstances I can predict and manage. Would you rather spend a first round pick on the current Amari Cooper or the next Kevin White? Obviously you might get the next Michael Thomas rather than the next Kevin White, but can you blame teams for taking the known quantity rather than rolling the dice?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2018, 12:21:14 PM »
...but can you blame teams for taking the known quantity rather than rolling the dice?

Taken from the Book of Seafood, 3:16
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2019, 07:51:17 AM »
Schefter is reporting that the Cards are open to trading Josh Rosen with the intention of drafting Kyler Murray 1st overall. 

what
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2019, 08:36:39 AM »
Schefter is reporting that the Cards are open to trading Josh Rosen with the intention of drafting Kyler Murray 1st overall. 

what
YES!!!!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 08:37:33 AM »
That can't be real, can it?

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2019, 08:54:48 AM »
That can't be real, can it?
It doesn't make sense, so yes

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2019, 10:50:37 AM »
Schefter said it's "not implausible" that Kingsbury, if he's in love with Murray, could advocate taking him #1 and dealing Rosen for a king's ransom.

That's not in the same ballpark as Arizona being  "open" to trading Josh Rosen and taking Kyler. That's Schefter talking wacky hypotheticals to kill some airtime. He has no clue as to what Arizona is open to do on draft day. He's speculating on scenarios that aren't technically impossible. Like speculating on whether Rosen will be hit by a bus this week.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 10:51:32 AM »
Who would give a king's ransom for Josh Rosen?

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2019, 10:56:56 AM »
I'm not sure, Schefter was the one who said it.

But I assume any team that liked Rosen last year or at UCLA would deal at least a first-rounder for him. I wouldn't base his future potential or ignore his college career/combine/Pro Day, etc, on his rookie season behind an atrocious line with a one-and-done coach. Just like there's no way I'd trade Darnold for Mayfield based on their rookie seasons alone.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2019, 11:18:01 AM »
I think it’s just irresponsible rumor mongering at this point, but Kyler in KK’s scheme >>>> Rosen

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2019, 11:20:19 AM »
The Giants fan base is all over this like flies on excrement

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2019, 11:21:19 AM »
The Giants fan base is all over this like flies on excrement

The ones I know don’t want him lol

Tags: