Author Topic: New York Rangers Thread  (Read 31081 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: 2021 New York Rangers Thread
« Reply #255 on: February 21, 2023, 11:10:41 AM »
Everything ‘Bruins’ this years is in another universe..

Player       Team       Vezina Odds
Linus UllmarkBruins.     -170
Ilya SorokinIslanders.   +500
Hellebuyck   Jets         +600
Jake OettingerStars        +900

But not to fret, Connor’s in the top three   ; )
freak anything Boston related.

Also, I don't care what oddsmakers think.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #256 on: February 21, 2023, 11:20:56 AM »
Hellebuyck is great but Ullmark is pretty much dominating the field in all categories that matter. The only caveat (and it's a big one) is that Hellebuyck is facing a lot more shots, which suggests he's getting a lot less help from his skaters than Ullmark.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #258 on: February 23, 2023, 07:24:51 PM »
During tonights Rangers-RedWings broadcast it was noted that the NYR are playing with only 11 forwards and 7 defensemen for what was termed ‘roster mgmt.’ which was further explained that it suggests a trade is imminent.  As good a player as he is I’m not sure I’d want him wearing a Rangers jersey…

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nhl-ex-blackhawks-player-nick-boynton-says-sharp-kane-campbell-knew-about-aldrich-sexual-assault-154549465.html

https://amp.theguardian.com/sport/2015/nov/05/patrick-kane-charges-dropped-over-lack-of-evidence
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 07:26:39 PM by delavan »

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #259 on: February 26, 2023, 06:37:51 PM »
four game skid finally over...

edit: K'Andre Miller with an uncharacteristically lowbrow move getting a match penalty for spitting which left the Rangers (who were only playing 5 defensemen to begin with) having to go with 4 the rest of the way (Miller said post-game it was an accident; whatever, look for a min. 3-game suspension).  Kings with some douchbaggery at times and after the final buzzer as well.  Mika Z. survived injury taking shot off his ankle...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 07:05:31 PM by delavan »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #260 on: February 28, 2023, 02:26:18 PM »
Rangers get Kane for a 2nd and a 4th.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #261 on: March 01, 2023, 06:23:35 PM »
Rangers get Kane for a 2nd and a 4th.
Mixed feelings….Kane brings to mind the Brad Aldrich coverup by the Blackhawks (and Notre Dame) and that guys such as Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews et al denied knowledge of it at the time…

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #262 on: March 01, 2023, 08:27:01 PM »
Mixed feelings….Kane brings to mind the Brad Aldrich coverup by the Blackhawks (and Notre Dame) and that guys such as Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews et al denied knowledge of it at the time…

Yeah, I get this. As a player he's a great rental for a team with a legitimate shot at the Cup, but it would be hard to cheer for him with his history (and it's not just the sexual abuse cover up, he has a lot more history than that of being a shitty person).

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #263 on: March 01, 2023, 08:56:05 PM »
Yeah, I get this. As a player he's a great rental for a team with a legitimate shot at the Cup, but it would be hard to cheer for him with his history (and it's not just the sexual abuse cover up, he has a lot more history than that of being a shitty person).
And this I get as well.  Kane’s failures as a person go far beyond his unconscionable silence regarding Aldridge…a nasty, misogynistic, bigoted drunk whose track record would make Ben Rothlisberger blush.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #265 on: March 05, 2023, 12:22:29 PM »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #266 on: March 05, 2023, 12:28:13 PM »
Be fair, he has been playing against NHL powerhouses like the Bruins and, uh, Senators.
Being fair is for losers

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #267 on: March 05, 2023, 02:57:40 PM »
Be fair, he has been playing against NHL powerhouses like the Bruins and, uh, Senators.
Speaking of which I find the ‘SENS’ moniker to be the coolest name in Canadian sports and
the “Go SENS Go!” chant is easily the most spine-tingling of war cries; goosebumps!!

https://youtu.be/iNvV8VmsZ-Y

Being fair is for losers

hoser    ;- )

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #268 on: March 05, 2023, 04:58:20 PM »
Speaking of which I find the ‘SENS’ moniker to be the coolest name in Canadian sports and
the “Go SENS Go!” chant is easily the most spine-tingling of war cries; goosebumps!!

https://youtu.be/iNvV8VmsZ-Y

I don't really know or understand much about rap music so I don't know if that is considered any good or not, but I'm very sure it would be better without a) the Bontempi backing track or b) the grade 6 choir chanting the chorus. I feel like maybe we've missed an opportunity to chant S-E-N-S SENS SENS SENS though. I might have to get drunk and try starting it next time I go.

Although the fear is that it might lead to a return of this abomination, and no one needs that.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #269 on: March 05, 2023, 11:49:07 PM »
I don't really know or understand much about rap music so I don't know if that is considered any good or not, but I'm very sure it would be better without a) the Bontempi backing track or b) the grade 6 choir chanting the chorus. I feel like maybe we've missed an opportunity to chant S-E-N-S SENS SENS SENS though. I might have to get drunk and try starting it next time I go.

Although the fear is that it might lead to a return of this abomination, and no one needs that.

hahaha   (and yes, that jersey is pretty 'busy' i.e. hockey meets NASCAR))

Tags: