Author Topic: New York Rangers Thread  (Read 30788 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
New York Rangers Thread
« on: October 12, 2018, 07:29:15 AM »
Yeahhh
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 11:10:37 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
Re: 2019 New York Rangers Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 10:05:06 AM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 06:56:17 PM »
Lundqvist should have a word with his equipment man as he's apparently incapable of providing him a mask with functional straps.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 10:31:29 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 02:50:21 PM »
https://nypost.com/2019/04/05/lightning-architect-steve-yzerman-interested-in-rangers-top-job/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I thought Yzerman was a lock for the Detroit job. I wonder if he's letting it be known that he's willing to talk to the Rangers in order to force Detroit's hand? He already said that he wasn't interested in talking to the Senators, but that is of exactly zero relevance given no one who is actually remotely competent would be interested in working for our shitbag of an owner. I'd rather work as an ice girl for the Rangers than President of Hockey Ops for Melnyk.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 02:16:33 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/stevenellisthn/status/1126855709835104261

Soon.

If he has a great tournament then you might find yourself looking at Jack Hughes - he's an excellent player but he's a little undersized still for a center, while Kaako is already a big man and an accomplished player who is ready to play in the NHL today. I can see the Devils, with a bunch of good veterans on their roster already, taking a player who helps them immediately.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 02:47:40 PM »
If he has a great tournament then you might find yourself looking at Jack Hughes - he's an excellent player but he's a little undersized still for a center, while Kaako is already a big man and an accomplished player who is ready to play in the NHL today. I can see the Devils, with a bunch of good veterans on their roster already, taking a player who helps them immediately.

I would be extremely happy with either. I’ve been reading more about Kakko and prefer him slightly at this point, but it seems both have the potential to be franchise altering players.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 03:21:57 PM »
I would be extremely happy with either. I’ve been reading more about Kakko and prefer him slightly at this point, but it seems both have the potential to be franchise altering players.

Absolutely. I just think that Hughes might take a bit longer to develop, which is probably OK for the Rangers as they're in at least a semi-rebuild. The Devils already have a young 1C in Hischier and a bunch of vets like Zajac, Hall and Palmieri - I think Kaako will interest them.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2019, 03:39:23 PM »
Absolutely. I just think that Hughes might take a bit longer to develop, which is probably OK for the Rangers as they're in at least a semi-rebuild. The Devils already have a young 1C in Hischier and a bunch of vets like Zajac, Hall and Palmieri - I think Kaako will interest them.
Center is a much higher value than wing. Zajac is almost done and Hall is exclusively a winger. You can roll 2 number one picks at center, I don’t think that’s an opportunity they can pass up. I think they’ll stick with Hughes and Kappo will be a Ranger.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2019, 04:10:03 PM »
Center is a much higher value than wing. Zajac is almost done and Hall is exclusively a winger. You can roll 2 number one picks at center, I don’t think that’s an opportunity they can pass up. I think they’ll stick with Hughes and Kappo will be a Ranger.

You may well be right, but Zajac is still a very decent player and Hughes probably won't play in the NHL next year, much less play top 6 minutes. They also have a bunch of cap space, and I don't think you waste any of Hall's prime years waiting for Hughes to be ready - they're just not in rebuild phase. Obviously you're correct about the relative value of positions, but I think that the Devils are in win now mode, or at least not rebuild, so Kakko has a significant value. We shall see but I don't think it's a lock that they take Hughes, especially if Kakko has a blinding world championship.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2019, 06:20:22 PM »
You may well be right, but Zajac is still a very decent player and Hughes probably won't play in the NHL next year, much less play top 6 minutes. They also have a bunch of cap space, and I don't think you waste any of Hall's prime years waiting for Hughes to be ready - they're just not in rebuild phase. Obviously you're correct about the relative value of positions, but I think that the Devils are in win now mode, or at least not rebuild, so Kakko has a significant value. We shall see but I don't think it's a lock that they take Hughes, especially if Kakko has a blinding world championship.
I don’t disagree with any of this. Kaako could very well be the better player now...and later. I think both teams are in a great position and as an Isles fan, that kind of sucks. I do see NJ taking Hughes though.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2019, 01:49:16 PM »
Apparently Karlsson is unlikely to re-sign in San Jose as it's too far away from Ottawa, his wife wants to be closer to her family. Rumour is that his preferred destinations are Tampa and the Rangers.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2019, 01:52:55 PM »
Apparently Karlsson is unlikely to re-sign in San Jose as it's too far away from Ottawa, his wife wants to be closer to her family. Rumour is that his preferred destinations are Tampa and the Rangers.

Karlsson was trash this year.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: