Author Topic: Assorted 2019 mock drafts  (Read 20113 times)

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
Re: Assorted 2019 mock drafts
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2019, 02:38:10 PM »
I like every single player you drafted. I love the Kentucky Kids:  Allen and Snell. Snell played High School ball at Westerville Central a few miles from my home in Central Ohio.  IMO, they all will be drafted higher.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2019, 03:27:32 PM »
I like every single player you drafted. I love the Kentucky Kids:  Allen and Snell. Snell played High School ball at Westerville Central a few miles from my home in Central Ohio.  IMO, they all will be drafted higher.

I don’t believe any one of those players are available at the slot I got them on draft day.

Which is why that draft rocked and I’d be thrilled if the Jets came away with that. The hilarious part is that based on their draft grade system I had a middle of the pack draft. In reality I’d be doing backflips
Need a new one for a new board...

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #92 on: March 25, 2019, 03:55:22 PM »
https://expo.nj.com/sports/g66l-2019/03/0cc144d2b61619/latest-nfl-mock-draft-2019-redskins-jets-strike-blockbuster-trade-agreement-what-do-giants-do-at-qb-2-full-rounds.html

Predicts the Redskins move up to 3....

Jets get 15, 46, 208. 2020 #1 and #2

Skins get Dwayne Haskins

Jets picks

15 - Burns
46 - Trayvon Mullen (Garrett Bradbury goes at 48)

Interesting deal. I still think that’s going to be less than what we will take. Keeping in mind all future picks are discounted by a round.

In terms of 2019 value, that’s #15 overall, 2 2nd rounders a 3rd rounder and a 6th rounder.

Correct me if I’m wrong but what we paid last year in terms of 2018 value was, #6 overall, 2 2nd round picks and a 3rd round pick.

To me that says we paid more for last years #3 than the Skins would pay for this year’s #3. I’d expect they need to sweeten that deal a little bit more. Possibly with a player (Trent Williams, Brandon Sherff, Josh Norman, Ryan Kerrigan, jonathon Allen are names I might be interested in after doing some digging)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2019, 03:58:46 PM »
The only upside to that deal is that Washington's 1st next year will likely be pretty early, although predicting the outcome of the NFCE on any given season is a mug's game.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2019, 04:03:46 PM »
The only upside to that deal is that Washington's 1st next year will likely be pretty early, although predicting the outcome of the NFCE on any given season is a mug's game.

I agree it’s not enough value (as pointed out above) to give up a shot at Bosa, a 5 pick for 1 swap when you get back to back years of 1sts and 2nds. Gives that far from the “only” upside being the Skins probably suck next year.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2019, 08:58:08 AM »
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/seven-round-nfl-mock-draft-2019-254-picks-34-trades-and-full-breakdowns-for-all-32-teams/

interesting 7 round mock for the Jets.  I love the trade back with the Skins to get Burns at 15.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2019, 09:19:24 AM »
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/seven-round-nfl-mock-draft-2019-254-picks-34-trades-and-full-breakdowns-for-all-32-teams/

interesting 7 round mock for the Jets.  I love the trade back with the Skins to get Burns at 15.

Sweat at 9 and Gary at 12, but Burns falls to 15? And we're trading down 12 places in exchange for a 3rd and a 2020 first? Of all the things that are not happening, these things are not happening the most.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2019, 09:36:00 AM »
Sweat at 9 and Gary at 12, but Burns falls to 15? And we're trading down 12 places in exchange for a 3rd and a 2020 first? Of all the things that are not happening, these things are not happening the most.

the market for players is different this year.  The QBs aren't as good in this year's draft...so the compensation might not be as high.  You're probably right, we should get a bigger haul, but i think you need to simmer down your expectations. Because i don't think we or any team will. 

Burns fills a major need.  And i expect the Skins to be in the top 10 of the draft next year, so their 2020 1st rd pick, imo, is potentially quite valuable.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2019, 09:44:05 AM »
the market for players is different this year.  The QBs aren't as good in this year's draft...so the compensation might not be as high.  You're probably right, we should get a bigger haul, but i think you need to simmer down your expectations. Because i don't think we or any team will. 

Burns fills a major need.  And i expect the Skins to be in the top 10 of the draft next year, so their 2020 1st rd pick, imo, is potentially quite valuable.

Burns is a draft darling like you get every year - his hype has come at just the right time and he'll go long before 15. I've seen him mocked top 3 (q.v. TDN's big board that reuben linked yesterday, which has him at #2).

You may be right that the market isn't so strong for trading a top pick this year, but if that's the case I think we just won't do it. I don't think that Maccagnan would give up on a can't miss pick at #3 in order to add a pick at the arse end of day 2 plus an undetermined pick next year. I know you're all about picking up another first round pick next year but if we stink again this season, Maccagnan doesn't have a next year. He's going to be focused on doing things that make us better right now.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2019, 09:51:50 AM »
Burns is a draft darling like you get every year - his hype has come at just the right time and he'll go long before 15. I've seen him mocked top 3 (q.v. TDN's big board that reuben linked yesterday, which has him at #2).

You may be right that the market isn't so strong for trading a top pick this year, but if that's the case I think we just won't do it. I don't think that Maccagnan would give up on a can't miss pick at #3 in order to add a pick at the arse end of day 2 plus an undetermined pick next year. I know you're all about picking up another first round pick next year but if we stink again this season, Maccagnan doesn't have a next year. He's going to be focused on doing things that make us better right now.

all valid points.

But like all mock drafts, they're subjective and could potentially happen.  Look at how far Aaron Rodgers dropped.  The guy was mocked in the top 2 right up until draft night.  Nobody knows what could happen.  Point being, Burns could go top 3 or top 20. 

My preference is to trade back. I know you don't agree...but you like to sleep on a bed of pizza, so we really have to evaluate what state of mind you're actually in.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2019, 09:56:41 AM »
all valid points.

But like all mock drafts, they're subjective and could potentially happen.  Look at how far Aaron Rodgers dropped.  The guy was mocked in the top 2 right up until draft night.  Nobody knows what could happen.  Point being, Burns could go top 3 or top 20. 

My preference is to trade back. I know you don't agree...but you like to sleep on a bed of pizza, so we really have to evaluate what state of mind you're actually in.

I would love us to trade back, but it will have to be for a better return than is being offered here. It only makes any kind of sense in this mock because we get Burns, but in the real world that's not actually happening and giving up on all that top end talent for a vague promise of maybe next year is a bad idea IMO.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2019, 10:23:08 AM »
I would love us to trade back, but it will have to be for a better return than is being offered here. It only makes any kind of sense in this mock because we get Burns, but in the real world that's not actually happening and giving up on all that top end talent for a vague promise of maybe next year is a bad idea IMO.

Again...that's subjective.  Everyone thought Dion Jordan was a top end talent (especially on this board), and ended up getting selected in the top 5 (i believe Miami traded up to get him).   I'm not saying you're wrong, but i'm not saying you're right either.  There's a shitload of pass rushing talent in this draft, not just in the top 10.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2019, 10:41:15 AM »
Again...that's subjective.  Everyone thought Dion Jordan was a top end talent (especially on this board), and ended up getting selected in the top 5 (i believe Miami traded up to get him).   I'm not saying you're wrong, but i'm not saying you're right either.  There's a shitload of pass rushing talent in this draft, not just in the top 10.

Of course it's possible that we would end up with a great player at 15, but it's too big a punt to take without getting a spectacular return IMO. You can't really plan for what's going to happen over 12 picks and say "at least X, Y and Z will still be on the board when it's our pick".

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2019, 10:55:43 AM »

I wish they started every team with a section describing the trades made.

For us we got pee poor value on several trades that were made. Starting with the Redskins trade all the way down to 15.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2019, 11:16:49 AM »
I wish they started every team with a section describing the trades made.

For us we got pee poor value on several trades that were made. Starting with the Redskins trade all the way down to 15.

I wouldn't call it pee poor to trade back to 15....one of the players i really like in this draft and would fill a major need for us is Garrett Bradbury. I'd be happy if we selected him at 15.

I think Harrison starting for us at Center is a disaster waiting to happen.

Tags: