Author Topic: Assorted 2019 mock drafts  (Read 20099 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Assorted 2019 mock drafts
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2019, 04:00:00 PM »
Mel Kiper's Top 10

1.) Cardinals: N. Bosa
2.) 49ers: J. Allen
3.) Jets: Q. Williams
4.) Raiders: G. Williams
5.) Buccaneers: J. Williams
6.) Giants: D. Haskins
7.) Jaguars: C. Ford
8.) Lions: D. White
9.) Bills: R. Gary
10.) Broncos: D. Baker

If Haskins is already being mocked top 10, chances are he goes higher than that.... hopefully it’s top 3
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2019, 04:13:12 PM »
Lock, Haskins, Jones and Murray all need to perform well during the pre-draft process.

Someone is going to trade up.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2019, 04:48:58 PM »
this typically happens as the offseason/draft process move forwards. the one position that teams trade up or draft slightly overslot for is usually the QB position, and even in years where the QB prospects aren't top-notch, you'll still find QBs drafted in the top 5

there are QB - needy teams just outside the top 5 that may likely end up taking a QB with their pick. after the musical chairs of FA is done, whoever is left out is going to try and leapfrog those teams to try and get a man at QB. there will be a trade up into the top 5 somewhere. it could reasonably be with us

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2019, 04:50:55 PM »
3: R1P3 - DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS - ALABAMA
68: R3P4 - G CHRIS LINDSTROM - BOSTON COLLEGE
95: R3P31 - EDGE OSHANE XIMINES - ODU
105: R4P3 - WR HAKEEM BUTLER - IOWA STATE
141: R5P2 - C ERIK MCCOY - TEXAS A&M
219: R7P3 - LB JOE GILES-HARRIS - DUKE

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2019, 04:52:14 PM »
sign me the fvck up for hakeem butler in the 4th round

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2019, 08:27:17 PM »
3: R1P3 - DL QUINNEN WILLIAMS - ALABAMA
68: R3P4 - G CHRIS LINDSTROM - BOSTON COLLEGE
95: R3P31 - EDGE OSHANE XIMINES - ODU
105: R4P3 - WR HAKEEM BUTLER - IOWA STATE
141: R5P2 - C ERIK MCCOY - TEXAS A&M
219: R7P3 - LB JOE GILES-HARRIS - DUKE

I don’t understand this website
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2019, 12:27:30 AM »
I don’t understand this website

Right? There's no freaking way that OSHANE XIMINES is a real person.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2019, 02:50:57 PM »
Can't wait to draft an interior DLman again

This post gave me indigestion.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2019, 03:09:11 PM »
3: R1P3  OT JONAH WILLIAMS ALABAMA
68: R3P4  RB DAMIEN HARRIS ALABAMA
93: R3P29  C ELGTON JENKINS MISSISSIPPI STATE
105: R4P3  CB KRIS BOYD TEXAS
141: R5P2 EDGE JONATHAN LEDBETTER GEORGIA
219: R7P3  OT ISAIAH PRINCE OHIO STATE

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2019, 03:22:42 PM »
Can’t get behind drafting Jonah Williams at 3.

In a trade back scenario, maybe...but he just isn’t an elite prospect.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2019, 03:29:51 PM »
I’m hoping that Taylor becomes that elite tackle prospect for us to consider

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2019, 04:00:43 PM »
Can’t get behind drafting Jonah Williams at 3.

In a trade back scenario, maybe...but he just isn’t an elite prospect.

Same here.
I feel like I've said it a bunch, but Jonah is simply not, at this point in the process, an elite Jake Long/D'Brick-level tackle prospect.
We're a 4-12 team and don't have the luxury of "drafting for need". You take the BPA, the elite prospect, at #3.

Bosa, Quinnen, Josh allen, Ed Oliver are all superior prospects to consider at 3. We clearly want to surround Darnold with as much offensive talent and support as possible, but that doesn't excuse reaching for an offensive player with a premium draft pick. If we're able to trade down that's obviously a different story.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2019, 04:53:44 PM »
Same here.
I feel like I've said it a bunch, but Jonah is simply not, at this point in the process, an elite Jake Long/D'Brick-level tackle prospect.
We're a 4-12 team and don't have the luxury of "drafting for need". You take the BPA, the elite prospect, at #3.

Bosa, Quinnen, Josh allen, Ed Oliver are all superior prospects to consider at 3. We clearly want to surround Darnold with as much offensive talent and support as possible, but that doesn't excuse reaching for an offensive player with a premium draft pick. If we're able to trade down that's obviously a different story.

See I think drafting BPA is the luxury.  IMO the long term success of this team is going to depend on if - big if - we can protect the quarterback.  If we get positively gashed by the run next season because we have no talent in the defensive interior, but our quarterback stays clean and healthy for 16 games, I'll be a lot more optimistic about our future than if Darnold ends the season on IR but we've got the next Aaron Donald. 

Right now, a good left tackle is substantially more valuable to us than a great defensive tackle.  I'd love to trade down to precisely the lowest spot we can get that tackle, but reaching won't bother me in the slightest.

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2019, 06:09:46 PM »
See I think drafting BPA is the luxury.  IMO the long term success of this team is going to depend on if - big if - we can protect the quarterback.  If we get positively gashed by the run next season because we have no talent in the defensive interior, but our quarterback stays clean and healthy for 16 games, I'll be a lot more optimistic about our future than if Darnold ends the season on IR but we've got the next Aaron Donald. 

Right now, a good left tackle is substantially more valuable to us than a great defensive tackle.  I'd love to trade down to precisely the lowest spot we can get that tackle, but reaching won't bother me in the slightest.

I totally get it...Darnold IS the franchise and the team seems to be moving forward with that mindset, which is awesome. I've coveted him since that Jan. 2017 Rose Bowl.

My point is, at 4-12 we have needs everywhere. The priority is to keep Darnold healthy, no doubt, but it should also be to stockpile talent, especially elite talent. If I was convinced that the difference between a healthy Darnold and an injured darnold is the difference between Jonah Williams and Beachum, I'd be more agreeable to what you're saying. I just don't think that's obviously the case.

We need talent, period. Skipping over the bluest of the blue-chip prospects to reach for "need", esp with a top 3 pick, is very short-term thinking imo. If Orlando pace was in this draft, yes, I'd sell my soul to draft him to protect Sam.  Jonah Williams-types are available basically every draft. Nick Bosa or Quinnen types are more rare, and when they're available it's only to teams shitty enough to be picking in the top 3-5.

I do like Jonah Williams. If we trade down, yes, he (or whoever is considered the top OT at the time) will be someone I hope we get. I think this whole board agrees with trading down.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2019, 08:38:14 PM »

Jonah Williams is not a good left tackle prospect.  He is a solid guard.  Not elite like Nelson or even DeCastro.

Jawaan Taylor and Andre Dillard are your top tackle prospects in this group.  Taylor might eat his way out of that spot though.

Tags: