Author Topic: 2019 NFL Draft  (Read 87355 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: 2019 NFL Draft
« Reply #330 on: April 22, 2019, 03:48:27 PM »
I know there's few bad scenarios, but what's the "worst" case scenario for the Jets as far as the top 2 picks? Murray and Williams going 1&2?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #331 on: April 22, 2019, 03:51:34 PM »
I know there's few bad scenarios, but what's the "worst" case scenario for the Jets as far as the top 2 picks? Murray and Williams going 1&2?

That would see Bosa fall to 3, so no, definitely not that.

There is no bad scenario, there are just ways that we can handle it badly.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #332 on: April 22, 2019, 04:33:30 PM »
I’d say the worst scenario is

1. Bosa
2. Williams

And then nobody wants Murray as bad as the media thinks.
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #333 on: April 23, 2019, 10:13:08 AM »
Anyone remember what time R1 generally ends? 11pm? Later?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #334 on: April 23, 2019, 10:20:21 AM »

Literally best case scenario, as Jets collectively Bosa-gasm.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #335 on: April 23, 2019, 12:09:44 PM »
Anyone remember what time R1 generally ends? 11pm? Later?

For me, as soon as the Jets pick.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #336 on: April 23, 2019, 02:45:06 PM »
I’m warming up to iDL.

At 3, I don’t really have much of a preference, got Bosa #1, then would be fine with Ed Oliver, Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen.

I think Oliver and Quinnen are better than Allen, but Allen is a much bigger need. We have 2 above average starters at DE in Leo and Hank, and our 2nd highest pick last year in Shepherd. We have 2 very replaceable starters at OLB in Jenkins and Copeland.

If we take Macc’s history into account, he’ll go BPA, which is iDL.
Oliver has been heralded as a future #1 overall pick for years, whereas Quinnen emerged just this year after being a backup to upperclassmen. Take into account that Oliver played on a much, much, much inferior defense at Houston, and he was misused as a NT... he might have an edge over Q within our FO.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 02:46:55 PM by SixFeetDeep »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #337 on: April 23, 2019, 04:23:28 PM »
Maybe this is a stupid question, but why would Oliver be a good pick for this team? Leo and Hank play the ends on our 3-4 line. By definition, that only leaves one more position on the line open, which is the specific position everyone keeps saying Oliver was misused as.

I understand BPA, and even apart from my yearly stance that I only believe in BPA at positions of need, this seems like a wasted pick. Either they're going to have to play him in a position that doesn't take advantage of his talent, or they have to bench Anderson, which seems ridiculous given they just re-signed him.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #338 on: April 23, 2019, 04:54:50 PM »
Maybe this is a stupid question, but why would Oliver be a good pick for this team? Leo and Hank play the ends on our 3-4 line.

Stop looking at them as DEs and look at them as what technique they are playing.

Oliver can wreak havoc as a zero through 3 technique inside.  Anderson and Williams can both play the 5.  So can Jordan Jenkins. 

Any spot inside where Oliver lines up is a potential problem for an offensive line.  He also has enough athleticism to stand up and play some ILB and OLB. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #339 on: April 24, 2019, 11:37:31 AM »
Stop looking at them as DEs and look at them as what technique they are playing.

Oliver can wreak havoc as a zero through 3 technique inside.  Anderson and Williams can both play the 5.  So can Jordan Jenkins. 

Any spot inside where Oliver lines up is a potential problem for an offensive line.  He also has enough athleticism to stand up and play some ILB and OLB. 

As always, I know little about most of the guys in the draft. That said, I'm not a big fan of putting guys in positions they aren't already known to excel in. Sheldon Richardson taught me that talent alone doesn't mean you can play multiple positions.

This team isn't in a position to keep taking projects. Yes, they need to draft talent, and while I've made my feelings on strict BPA known, I understand the methodology. But in the first round, this team needs to get a can't-miss starter that fills a need.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #340 on: April 24, 2019, 11:39:28 AM »
Ed Oliver is not a project.

The fact that he is versatile does not mean he is a project.

He was one of the best interior defensive linemen in college football for his entire career.  He would play there for the Jets.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #341 on: April 24, 2019, 08:49:26 PM »
Dennis Waszak Jr.
@DWAZ73

Several teams will have their Day 3 picks for the #NFLDraft made from unique locations.

The #Jets' picks for rounds 4-6 will be made by Army Black Knights parachuting into the West Point military base.

Sure why not.  Go Sportriotism!

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #342 on: April 24, 2019, 08:55:33 PM »
Sure why not.  Go Sportriotism!

What in the hell does that specific scenario have to do with the Jets? So odd....

How many dudes are they going to have parachuting? What if we start trading players and end up with 5 picks in that 4-6 span?

Such a weird idea. But then again ever since they started doing the picks from interactive locations, they have all been weird, and it slows the draft down far too much.
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #343 on: April 24, 2019, 09:58:21 PM »
Tostitos SZN

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #344 on: April 25, 2019, 05:33:08 AM »
Happy Draft day!

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Tags: