Author Topic: 2019 NFL Draft  (Read 87216 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: 2019 NFL Draft
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2019, 12:41:13 PM »
Still an improvement on Bortles.

They need to improve the protection and they need better receivers, but they're not that far off being a decent team.

Which is why I would use my resources to acquire decent players and not Flacco
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2019, 02:18:11 PM »
What if the Jets agreed to take on Bortles' salary as part of a trade down with the Jaguars? It would be similar to what the Browns did with Houston a couple years ago.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2019, 02:32:54 PM »
What if the Jets agreed to take on Bortles' salary as part of a trade down with the Jaguars? It would be similar to what the Browns did with Houston a couple years ago.

This would be ideal.  It gets us a backup QB and extra assets.  We have the money to spend. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2019, 04:10:36 PM »

Absolutely. Think the Browns got a 2nd round pick

MoreCharacters

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #199 on: January 14, 2019, 01:28:23 AM »
that would be nice as an independent deal, if it was part of a trade down it would have to be a blockbuster

if the jets paid three 2nds to go from 3 to 6, what would they get to go from 3 to 7 and get the right to pay a backup QB real money?

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #200 on: January 14, 2019, 05:56:35 AM »
that would be nice as an independent deal, if it was part of a trade down it would have to be a blockbuster

if the jets paid three 2nds to go from 3 to 6, what would they get to go from 3 to 7 and get the right to pay a backup QB real money?

3 2s and a 1.

I think we could get behind that
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2019, 08:30:34 AM »
Can’t believe my boy Greg Dortch is coming out this year. He could be our tyreek Hill.

He’s got a very small frame though. 5’9” 170lbs. Hollywood Brown is listed at 5’10” though, so he’s an alternative since I don’t think we’ll be in position to draft Brown, I’m thinking he goes in the top 2 rounds. Dortch might go as high as rounds 2-3, but we should absolutely try to steal Dortch in rounds 4-5. I do prefer to grab the best available outside receiver with 1 of our 3rd rounders first. And OL. Lots of OL.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 08:32:58 AM by SixFeetDeep »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #202 on: January 14, 2019, 08:57:35 AM »
Can’t believe my boy Greg Dortch is coming out this year. He could be our tyreek Hill.

He’s got a very small frame though. 5’9” 170lbs. Hollywood Brown is listed at 5’10” though, so he’s an alternative since I don’t think we’ll be in position to draft Brown, I’m thinking he goes in the top 2 rounds. Dortch might go as high as rounds 2-3, but we should absolutely try to steal Dortch in rounds 4-5. I do prefer to grab the best available outside receiver with 1 of our 3rd rounders first. And OL. Lots of OL.
#Dortchnozzel
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #203 on: January 14, 2019, 09:19:41 AM »
In addition to having no 2nd, we don’t have a 6th rounder this year either, sent it to NO in Bridewater deal. Trade downs would be idealq

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #204 on: January 14, 2019, 11:06:42 AM »
In addition to having no 2nd, we don’t have a 6th rounder this year either, sent it to NO in Bridewater deal. Trade downs would be idealq

If i'm Duff, i'm trying to get a 2020 first rounder and 2019 2nd rounder in any trade down scenario...any additional picks or players to that wish list is bonus material.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #205 on: January 14, 2019, 01:13:12 PM »

"That CB just got Dortched"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #206 on: January 19, 2019, 01:16:55 PM »
We essentially have two fourth round picks.

The Bridgewater pick is at the very end of the third.  Maccagnan absolutely has to try to move back to acquire a pick in the second or maybe more picks in the middle rounds.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2019, 09:14:06 PM »
QB Pressures (2018):

• Brian Burns – 69
• Josh Allen – 57
• Joe Jackson – 55
• Montez Sweat – 47
• Jachai Polite – 42

Don’t sleep on my boy

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #208 on: January 20, 2019, 02:50:29 PM »
How much (if at all), does Machado and Harper not getting paid effect Murray's decision?

I'm not sure the prevailing thought that Kyler's set up for a more lucrative career in baseball is still that much of a sure thing as it was for say a Jeff Samardzija.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #209 on: January 20, 2019, 07:48:51 PM »
How much (if at all), does Machado and Harper not getting paid effect Murray's decision?

I'm not sure the prevailing thought that Kyler's set up for a more lucrative career in baseball is still that much of a sure thing as it was for say a Jeff Samardzija.
Samardzija was a wide receiver. I don't think it's comparable to compare a WR salary to a QB salary.

Tags: