Author Topic: 2019 NFL Draft  (Read 87171 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: 2019 NFL Draft
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2018, 10:14:38 AM »
I'm probably going to be pissed if we don't take a pass rusher with our first pick.

(Unless we sign two in free agency)
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2018, 10:36:30 AM »
I'm probably going to be pissed if we don't take a pass rusher with our first pick.

I don't think very many good pass rushers that are listed as potential free agents will actually ever hit the market.  Maybe Fowler.  Most of these guys will just get re-signed.  I guess the scheme we have on defense will make some difference.  I think Jordan Jenkins will be solid as a 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE.  We could improve on him, but I'd be fine if he was a starter next year considering all the other holes we have.  I wonder what being in a 4-3 would do for Leonard Williams.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 10:43:40 AM by bojanglesman »

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2018, 10:37:41 AM »

Weren't you saying that this draft is so deep at pass rusher we could get a quality starter with our 3rd?

Do you think Allen, Polite, Boss are just that much better than the other options, or guys like Jonah and Metcalf just pale in comparison in terms of overall grades
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 10:41:36 AM by insanity »

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2018, 10:40:53 AM »
I don't very many good pass rushers that are listed as potential free agents will actually ever hit the market.  Maybe Fowler.  Most of these guys will just get re-signed.  I guess the scheme we have on defense will make some difference.  I think Jordan Jenkins will be solid as a 3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE.  We could improve on him, but I'd be fine if he was a starter next year considering all the other holes we have.  I wonder what being in a 4-3 would do for Leonard Williams.

After seeing what Fowler hasn't done since joining the Rams I want nothing to do with him. 

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2018, 10:48:59 AM »

If we don't trade down, I agree.

Ideal scenario for me is that we sign a couple pass rushers in free agency, trade down to pick up extra draft picks, and draft the best tackle available.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2018, 10:53:29 AM »
It's unlikely that this will happen but, just using the trade value chart as a reference, if we were to move down from 2 to 8 so that a team like the Jaguars could get their quarterback, we'd be looking at a 2nd and 3rd this year plus a 1st next year as compensation. To me, that's more valuable than anyone (not named Bosa) we could draft at 2.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2018, 11:00:03 AM »
It's unlikely that this will happen but, just using the trade value chart as a reference, if we were to move down from 2 to 8 so that a team like the Jaguars could get their quarterback, we'd be looking at a 2nd and 3rd this year plus a 1st next year as compensation. To me, that's more valuable than anyone (not named Bosa) we could draft at 2.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2018, 11:41:55 AM »
I honestly don't see anyone trading up for Haskins. There's no one so desperately in need of an immediate starter at QB to spend the extra draft capital rather than wait until next year.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2018, 12:47:52 PM »
I honestly don't see anyone trading up for Haskins. There's no one so desperately in need of an immediate starter at QB to spend the extra draft capital rather than wait until next year.
Every year I am amazed how much things change from season's end to draft day.  Some dudes go from nothing to a first rounder and other 1st rounder fall like a rock.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 05:02:15 PM by bojanglesman »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2018, 04:41:46 PM »
Right now that makes sense, but to Bo's point, someone usually rises.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2018, 10:36:59 PM »
This is such a deep WR draft. We really need to get a quality young WR in the first two days. Would be nice to have a 2nd-round pick.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2018, 11:30:07 PM »
Right now that makes sense, but to Bo's point, someone usually rises.
They do, but unusually none of the teams picking high are desperate for a QB so it might not happen this year.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2018, 09:51:43 AM »
They do, but unusually none of the teams picking high are desperate for a QB so it might not happen this year.

The #Dolphins are planning to move on from QB Ryan Tannehill this offseason, per @AdamSchefter. The same goes for the #Jaguars and Blake Bortles.

Giants could fall into this category too. They want to groom a QB behind Eli
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #148 on: December 30, 2018, 09:56:20 AM »
The #Dolphins are planning to move on from QB Ryan Tannehill this offseason, per @AdamSchefter. The same goes for the #Jaguars and Blake Bortles.

Both of those guys will probably get scooped up by playoff caliber teams that want a good backup.  Tannehill will be one of the best backups in the league.  Bortles is good as a backup too.  I don't think either is a good option as a starter for any team. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #149 on: December 30, 2018, 10:20:09 AM »

OK, but my point is that none of those teams are so desperate for a new starter as to be likely willing to give up draft capital to move up a few places. Miami, Tampa, Jax and the Vagiants all have starters under contract for 2019 and all bar Tampa will have to pay a lot of money to cut them (Tannehill has a $13M hit, Bortles $16.5M and Eli $6.2M, although if the Giants do draft a new QB I doubt they'd cut Eli).

I could absolutely see any of them being willing to take Haskins if he's there at their pick, but I don't think any of them will be desperate enough for him to give up extra picks to move up.

Tags: