Author Topic: 2019 NFL Draft  (Read 87255 times)

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
Re: 2019 NFL Draft
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2018, 01:00:24 PM »
While some of these reciever look promising if rather not spend a 1st on a wr.  Most take 3 years to get acclimated to the nfl and sam needs help now.  Pay a free agent now, and draft playmakers in the later rounds to groom for later

This year's WR class is awful, though. Plus that's become generally less true over the years, with all the spread concepts in the NFL it's easier to integrate quicker.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2018, 01:55:19 PM »
This year's WR class is awful, though. Plus that's become generally less true over the years, with all the spread concepts in the NFL it's easier to integrate quicker.
The last 5 years first round wrs disagree

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2018, 02:57:45 PM »
This year's WR class is awful, though.

I’m not so sure about this.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2018, 03:24:36 PM »
I’m not so sure about this.

Sorry didn't mean the draft, I meant the free agent class

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2018, 05:56:03 PM »
Sorry didn't mean the draft, I meant the free agent class

There are some decent free agent WRs available in 2019, there'll be some competition for them but if we can lock up Enunwa I wouldn't mind if we let Kearse walk and picked up someone like Tyrell Williams. I also wouldn't hate Chris Hogan.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2018, 06:00:36 PM »
There are some decent free agent WRs available in 2019, there'll be some competition for them but if we can lock up Enunwa I wouldn't mind if we let Kearse walk and picked up someone like Tyrell Williams. I also wouldn't hate Chris Hogan.

Yeah but there aren't any real clear starter types imo, it's why I wouldn't hate picking up someone in the draft

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2018, 06:13:06 PM »
Yeah but there aren't any real clear starter types imo, it's why I wouldn't hate picking up someone in the draft

Maybe not, but with the right scheme in place i.e. not this abomination that Bates is running, I think that we have the makings of a decent receiving corps and a good FA pickup could cement that. I don't think it should be a draft priority.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2018, 07:17:56 PM »
Maybe not, but with the right scheme in place i.e. not this abomination that Bates is running, I think that we have the makings of a decent receiving corps and a good FA pickup could cement that. I don't think it should be a draft priority.

...all of our receivers are FA and it’s not a great core to begin with. Bottom 10 in the NFL at best. We need a #1 WR.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 08:40:33 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2018, 09:10:02 PM »
We need talent all over the place, as long as it’s not a stupid pick early in the 1st like a DT, QB, or Safety I’m all in on going BPA all weekend

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2018, 09:48:28 AM »
...all of our receivers are FA and it’s not a great core to begin with. Bottom 10 in the NFL at best. We need a #1 WR.

It's unlikely that we're going to find one this offseason unless it's via trade. The receivers hitting free agency are uninspiring and I don't think any of us want to see us reach for a receiver in the 1st (especially when the o-line is of graver concern).

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2018, 10:04:56 AM »
Draft a premium position

OT or OLB

This is my mindset too.

Ideally we'll be able to sign a pass rusher or two in free agency so we can draft an OL (Jonah Williams) with our first pick.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2018, 09:00:42 PM »
We need talent all over the place, as long as it’s not a stupid pick early in the 1st like a DT, QB, or Safety I’m all in on going BPA all weekend
This. Best player available at a premium position. EDGE, OT, CB or WR.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2018, 09:16:06 PM »
This. Best player available at a premium position. EDGE, OT, CB or WR.

meh... edge, ot or trade

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2018, 01:37:58 PM »
How does the current defensive personnel translate to a 4-3? We have no idea what kind of defense the next DC is going to be running.

Personally, I want any picks made in the first 3 rounds to be spent on offense. I'd prefer some trading down to gather as many picks as possible. This team needs a major infusion of talent.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2018, 01:42:43 PM »
How does the current defensive personnel translate to a 4-3? We have no idea what kind of defense the next DC is going to be running.

Personally, I want any picks made in the first 3 rounds to be spent on offense. I'd prefer some trading down to gather as many picks as possible. This team needs a major infusion of talent.

Don't think it'd be much of an issue. Williamson, Lee, and Williams are the only front 7 players worth caring about and it's pretty arguable that Lee and Williams could actually be better in a 4-3

Tags: