Author Topic: Detailed financial report on Jets (OTC)  (Read 5908 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Detailed financial report on Jets (OTC)
« on: January 01, 2014, 04:46:04 PM »
Jason at overthecap.com put together a long report on the cap status of the Jets including expected off season moves.  I haven't finished it but it is worth reading so far if you are into the cap part of things.

http://overthecap.com/2014-new-york-jets-offseason-salary-cap-financial-report/

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
Re: Detailed financial report on Jets (OTC)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 06:32:53 PM »
Jason at overthecap.com put together a long report on the cap status of the Jets including expected off season moves.  I haven't finished it but it is worth reading so far if you are into the cap part of things.

http://overthecap.com/2014-new-york-jets-offseason-salary-cap-financial-report/

Great read.  Haven't finished it yet, but I appreciated the speculation regarding compensatory picks.  Author predicts four comp picks for the Jets with the highest being a 4th rounder for LaRon Landry. 

Twelve draft picks, six in the first four rounds?  What team is this?   

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 06:38:29 PM »
He also mentioned a lot of reasonable free agents and their expected salary ranges that may be a fit with the Jets next year. 

He was pretty down on Demario Davis.  I don't think he had a great year but he wasn't as bad as he made him out to be. 

Also said that the free agent market for corners is going to be good unlike many other positions so it wouldn't shock me to see us spend some dough there because there are good options, even though it isn't our biggest need.  If we bail on Cro we might spend big.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 06:47:23 PM »
Great stuff from OTC, as always. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 08:10:22 PM »
He was pretty down on Demario Davis.  I don't think he had a great year but he wasn't as bad as he made him out to be.

I expected to see more growth from Davis over the course of the season.  I can't confidently say that he was a better linebacker in week 17 than he was in week 1.  But you don't move on from a guy like Demario Davis after one year.  Ryan has mentioned it and his teammates have echoed the sentiment: Davis is a passionate, vocal presence in the locker room.  You don't bench the emotional leader of your defense for a big money mercenary.   

However... if he ever again wears a long-sleeved shirt in an autumn football game like he did against the Raiders, he can get the freak out.  You're a linebacker, son.   
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 08:12:03 PM by reuben »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 08:14:48 PM »
However... if he ever again wears a long-sleeved shirt in an autumn football game like he did against the Raiders, he can get the freak out.  You're a linebacker, son.   

Mr. E/Judge Holden/Heismanberg thanks you for this post. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 08:33:06 PM »
He makes Sanchez sound like a very legitimate possibility.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 09:13:56 PM »
I thought we had some money roll over from this year?

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 09:37:23 PM »

He does mention that we'll have around $30 million in cap space, among the most in the league. 

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 09:45:26 PM »

We will.

Spotrac has us at about $3 million left.  I had us estimated at $4 million, but I am unsure of it is money left under the actual salary cap or the adjusted salary cap (The team cap after rollover and adjustments).

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/cap-hit/

Edit:  I forgot to add in practice squad when I figured it.  Actually, I thought overthecap.com included it in their total. 

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 11:09:48 PM »
As much as I love the DL picks in the last couple of years, the lack of 1st round offensive players after Sanchez (which has been discussed by the members of this forum) is still astounding. That's exactly how you help any QB fail. Maybe, just maybe, we'll see an offensive pick to help that side of the ball this year, even if it is QB.

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 11:18:47 PM »

Twelve draft picks, six in the first four rounds?  What team is this?   

Just a day in the life of John Idzik

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 11:53:13 PM »
We will.

Spotrac has us at about $3 million left.  I had us estimated at $4 million, but I am unsure of it is money left under the actual salary cap or the adjusted salary cap (The team cap after rollover and adjustments).

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/cap-hit/

Edit:  I forgot to add in practice squad when I figured it.  Actually, I thought overthecap.com included it in their total. 

He quoted the figure at 1.5 million.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 12:20:34 AM »
I don't care much about rollover this offseason.  In 2015, I expect to see quite a bit. 

Unless this team makes a run at Jimmy Graham, we shouldn't be big spends.  I see Idzik bringing in a lot of players through free agency, but no real splashes.  This FA class is pretty underwhelming, which is fine.

I wonder if Idzik makes another trade for a key role player like he did for Chris Ivory.  It'd be pretty awesome if he could land a young receiver that's buried on someone's depth chart.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 01:03:42 AM »
I just wonder how much of a cap hit Idzik gives Wilkerson and Howard this year.

It wouldnt be a bad move if he gives them both larger cap hits this year, so we have more flexibility with the inevitable extensions in the near future whne all our young guys start peaking.

Tags: