Author Topic: Jets uniforms  (Read 52987 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Jets uniforms
« Reply #360 on: April 17, 2019, 11:54:46 AM »
Because their practice facilities, home stadium, and team offices are not in NYC...
They gotta wear the old ones then

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #361 on: May 13, 2019, 10:10:10 AM »
There’s a sale on fanatics.com, you can get the Vapor (stitched) jersey for $112 instead of $150.

Sale doesn’t apply for the Game ($100) jersey for whatever reason.

Sale is live for another 12 hours.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #362 on: May 13, 2019, 03:58:53 PM »
After it sinking in, I'm not liking the logo, seems very Cleveland Browns. Might as well just left it the same.

The helmets are probably my favorite part overall. I've been watching a lot of old games from the Sack Exchange days and these are pretty close to those, except for the black.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #363 on: May 23, 2019, 02:40:33 PM »
have changed my thoughts on the helmet. the jersey unveiling was an abomination and that room/lighting sucked. the helmet logo still looks tacky as hell and the logo itself is trash but the color is actually awesome; in some of the outdoor pictures with actual light the helmets look great, very luminous. at the actual unveiling the helmets looked darker than the jersey but i suspect this was because of the lighting in the room. they're going to look good on the field

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #364 on: July 23, 2019, 03:28:39 PM »
I got my first one of these, albeit unintentionally.  Was at a Nike outlet over the weekend with a 30% off friends and family coupon. I’m looking around and my friend comes up to me holding a black Darnold jersey he found on a misc rack. It’s in my size. The coupon is applicable to everything in the store as well as on top of every sale. The jersey is too nice and too good of a deal to pass up once it’s in my hands. They don’t even sell jerseys at the outlets so this must have been a return or something. It totaled $70.

I was originally planning on getting a green Darnold and a black Jamal but this jersey is freaking sick. The fit is amazing and it just feels fresh and up to date with the current era of jersey designs/materials. I might already like it better than our old jerseys.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #365 on: July 23, 2019, 06:19:33 PM »
Glad to hear from someone who has actually had one on. I can’t wait to see them on a field through my tv screen next month
Need a new one for a new board...

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #366 on: July 24, 2019, 10:55:11 AM »
I saw them hanging on the wall in Modell's last week and I love them. I know there are people who aren't fans of the black, but I've wanted black Jets jersies since Parcells floated the idea after he took over.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #367 on: July 24, 2019, 11:07:50 AM »
I love the jerseys. I'm sure I'll like the black when I see it, too.

The logo is still trash though. That will take some getting used to.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #368 on: July 24, 2019, 11:21:40 AM »
I love the jerseys. I'm sure I'll like the black when I see it, too.

The logo is still trash though. That will take some getting used to.

Yeah, the logo was a missed opportunity.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #369 on: July 24, 2019, 08:52:55 PM »
Yeah, the logo was a missed opportunity.

the regular logo is boring, and pretty much the same as our last logo

the helmet logo looks bad/childish

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #370 on: July 26, 2019, 11:33:10 AM »
the regular logo is boring, and pretty much the same as our last logo

the helmet logo looks bad/childish

Yeah, I was 100% in favor of a complete redesign. I think I saw something about it being years before a team can change it again too, so we're stuck with this for a while.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #371 on: August 13, 2019, 01:24:14 PM »
the white aways looked very good on field. the football under the jets sign on the helmet will always be whack, but the helmets still looked great on the field

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #372 on: August 14, 2019, 10:28:58 AM »
the white aways looked very good on field. the football under the jets sign on the helmet will always be whack, but the helmets still looked great on the field

Yeah, I don't like the football in the logo, but it doesn't distract from how nice the helmets look. I very pleasantly surprised by the new uniforms. Hopefully, that carries over to the rest of the organizational changes.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #373 on: August 14, 2019, 11:34:39 AM »
Yeah, I don't like the football in the logo, but it doesn't distract from how nice the helmets look. I very pleasantly surprised by the new uniforms. Hopefully, that carries over to the rest of the organizational changes.
The helmets are great. The logos on the helmet look great. But something about the logo by itself still bugs me a bit.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #374 on: August 14, 2019, 12:22:07 PM »
The helmets are great. The logos on the helmet look great. But something about the logo by itself still bugs me a bit.

Yup
It's that goofy football. And nothing in it resembles a Jet.

Tags: