Author Topic: Dee Milliner named AFC Defensive Player of the Week, NFL Def Rookie of the Month  (Read 5242 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Dee Milliner named AFC Defensive Player of the Week
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 11:40:48 PM »
Bust
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, 08:41:06 AM »
Something I didn't know until I saw it on the postgame: Milliner was the 6th most targeted player in the NFL this year. That's a lot of exposure. It's impressive that he learned from every experience to end his season on such a high note.

Also, while he's not SRich, he doesn't suffer from an overly humble ego. I like the kid.

That target number shouldn't surprise anyone, except for maybe the fact that it wasn't higher.  Like many have said, seeing what he saw this year could have broken him, but it all has clearly made him a better player.

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 12:48:19 PM »
For a skill position, this was a very good year.

Hopefully he continues to grow and becomes a #1 corner.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2014, 02:39:09 PM »
They threw at him all game in Miami, he responded great. A little rough early but he hung in, which is important.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, 03:03:05 PM »
I hardly think it's a coincidence that he had his best games once Reed showed up.  If we get a really good FS at some point, not even a Reed in his prime, when he has safety help over the top he will be a legit ball hawk.

Reed really wasn't that good for us, but the mentorship that he brought with him was worth it.  Rex said in is presser that Milliner sat with him in all the meetings. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 11:01:35 AM »
@nyjets:
2014-01-02 15:13:47 UTC
Congrats to Dee Milliner on being named the @nfl Defensive Rookie of the Month for December!

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Richardson won it for November as well; Honey Badger was October and Kiko Alonso September. That's a pretty good performance from our boys.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
Big fat F on this bust.

Koz

• Chad Pennington
All well and  good that he's received some accolades, but does anyone else feel that he's never going to correct his biggest problem (just like Wilson) of not turning his head to play the ball?  I just don't get how you can be a decent corner in this league by looking away from where the ball is coming from for the entirety of the play.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
All well and  good that he's received some accolades, but does anyone else feel that he's never going to correct his biggest problem (just like Wilson) of not turning his head to play the ball?  I just don't get how you can be a decent corner in this league by looking away from where the ball is coming from for the entirety of the play.

I am concerned that people think we're set for ten years now at CB based on two games. Odd we now have a ton of cap space and need a CB, what a difference a year makes.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
I am concerned that people think we're set for ten years now at CB based on two games. Odd we now have a ton of cap space and need a CB, what a difference a year makes.

I'm sure most people don't think we're all set, but it doesn't really matter as long as Idzik doesn't think we're all set at CB.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
I'm sure most people don't think we're all set, but it doesn't really matter as long as Idzik doesn't think we're all set at CB.

Good point.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
Good point.

It wouldn't be the first time we rolled into the next season without addressing a hurting group (like the OL coming into 2012). Hopefully it doesn't go down that way.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Not turning his head is certainly a point of concern, but this was still his rookie year. He progressed throughout the year even in a bad overall secondary unit. I've said I believe he'll be the Jets' #1 corner next year, and I stick to that. That said, there's certainly a lot of room for improvement and I'm certainly not saying he's a future Pro Bowler at this point.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well