Author Topic: lolpanthers  (Read 23277 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: lolpanthers
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2020, 04:54:15 PM »
He's also probably the best RB in the league right now, so it's not a huge reach.

What is the last RB major extension that has worked for the team? It’s been a long time since that happened.

I love watching him, so I hope he kills the game for a long time in the NFC
Need a new one for a new board...

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2020, 04:58:38 PM »
My larger point is, this extension is a win now move. Yet most of their other moves are “we are rebuilding” and will be looking for our next franchise QB in the next 2 drafts.

They need to make up their minds

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2020, 05:00:33 PM »
My larger point is, this extension is a win now move. Yet most of their other moves are “we are rebuilding” and will be looking for our next franchise QB in the next 2 drafts.

They need to make up their minds

How is signing a 23 year old running back who is coming off his rookie contract as the best or very close to being the best in the league to a new deal a "win now move"?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2020, 05:26:55 PM »
He's also probably the best RB in the league right now, so it's not a huge reach.
I agree.  Just reminding about how they previously signed 2 RB to big deals at the same time. 

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2020, 05:43:35 PM »
How is signing a 23 year old running back who is coming off his rookie contract as the best or very close to being the best in the league to a new deal a "win now move"?

McCaffery already has an awfully large amount of miles on his legs between college and the pros. To expect him to produce at the level he has for the next 4 years, is expecting a lot. In addition, they don't have a franchise QB on the roster now, which means they need to get one. Even if they get that guy in next year's class, that means McCaffery has 2-3 years left of elite production for that guy to grow with. Which means you are essentially expecting that in year 2 of that QB's career, you are going for it all. Given that you just traded away Trai Turner, one of the best young OL in the game (supposedly because you didn't want to pay him) I don't see how those moves go together.

When you also consider McCaffery was your best asset (after trading Turner for an older/aging veteran and not draft picks), something that could be traded to acquire tangible assets that would allow you to get the QB. By keeping him, you are saying they can find the guy anyways, which is possible, but as we have seen, it's really really hard to tank/suck in this league. Miami did the best impression of it on purpose I have ever seen, and then they still won 5 games and are picking 5th. You need to make sure you have assets to either go up and get "the guy" or if you do go out and "earn" the top pick, you can use those assets to help that guy grow early in their careers.

So maybe signing a mega deal for McCaffery isn't really "win now" but it certainly can be seen as a mistake in trying to win the long game.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2020, 05:49:56 PM »
Worked for us with Leveon Bell

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2020, 08:22:47 AM »
The Panthers fired their GM
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2021, 02:49:49 PM »
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
5m
The #Panthers are expected to hire VP of Football Operations Scott Fitterer as their new GM, sources tell me and @TomPelissero
. A late addition to their interview process, he made a quick impression on the Carolina search team.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2021, 07:19:26 PM »
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2021, 02:27:42 PM »
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
25m
Panthers and OT Taylor Moton agreed to a mammoth four-year, $72 million extension that includes $43 million guaranteed at signing, per sources.

And so there is at least one blockbuster deal that beats today’s deadline for franchise players to sign extensions.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2021, 10:18:47 AM »
Some poopchute (whoever JT Ibe is) in literally the first practice with pads lays out a wide receiver to the point they have to cart him out. Good going stupid.

And the Panthers have cut Ibe.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2021, 12:36:17 PM »
Some poopchute (whoever JT Ibe is) in literally the first practice with pads lays out a wide receiver to the point they have to cart him out. Good going stupid.

And the Panthers have cut Ibe.

Ibe played with Jaycee Horn at So. Carolina.

https://www.myjournalcourier.com/sports/article/Panthers-Kirkwood-removed-by-ambulance-after-16360179.php

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2021, 08:19:40 PM »
PJ Walker is fun to watch.  I don't know if he's even any good, but fun.  Danold will miss at least 4 games with osteoporosis or some excrement, so we'll see him eventually.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2021, 09:46:43 PM »
PJ Walker is fun to watch.  I don't know if he's even any good, but fun.  Danold will miss at least 4 games with osteoporosis or some excrement, so we'll see him eventually.
Darnold out 8 weeks with Morgellons disease

Tags: