Author Topic: REX STAYS/ NEW YEAR JET'S MOCK  (Read 9394 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: REX STAYS/ NEW YEAR JET'S MOCK
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2014, 06:37:24 PM »
The Jets haven't had a smart receiver since Jerricho Cotchery. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2014, 06:37:32 PM »
I'd love to get him with one of those third rounds.  I've mentioned the lack of reliability from our receiving corps a few times lately. 

Matthews and Abbrederis would give this team consistency and reliability.  Both are route running technicians and they catch everything.  The kind of players that a young QB can depend on. 

I don't think either will be huge playmakers at the next level, but as possession prospects, they are impressive.

I could see New England grabbing Abbrederis in late Rd 2, they could use another WR. Abbrederis isn't slow and I like his size.

I really want to address the TE in Rd 1 with all that WR talent in Rd 2 & 3. Ebron is probably the safer pick, but Amaro's upside is intriguing.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 06:40:26 PM »
I could see New England grabbing Abbrederis in late Rd 2, they could use another WR. Abbrederis isn't slow and I like his size.

Depends on how much faith they have in Josh Boyce and Aaron Dobson.  If those two are progressing, the Patriots really need to focus on tight end and their secondary. 

I really want to address the TE in Rd 1 with all that WR talent in Rd 2 & 3. Ebron is probably the safer pick, but Amaro's upside is intriguing.

I just want someone that's going to help the offense.  If it's a tight end, then we better grab two wideouts later on. 

If De'Anthony Thomas enters, I think he'd be a huge help in the passing game as a slot option/change-of-pace back.  I see him as more of a late second, early third round prospect right now though.  Anything to create mismatches.

Brandin Cooks/Jalen Saunders/Bruce Ellington/Robert Herron are all role players that you will have to scheme against.  Herron is a serious sleeper. 

Couldn't think of a better year for us to need receivers. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:42:54 PM by Heismanberg »

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2014, 06:45:41 PM »
I don't know if it's been mentioned, I just hope Idzik doesn't put too much into Nelson's last 2 games. Could be a  "Fools Gold" situation and Idzik doesn't address the WR position with an impact.

Just a thought!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2014, 06:47:48 PM »
I don't know if it's been mentioned, I just hope Idzik doesn't put too much into Nelson's last 2 games. Fools Gold situation and Idzik doesn't address the WR position with an impact.

Just a thought!

Unless they extend him this offseason, I doubt it's really anything to worry about.

David Nelson is only signed through next season, and I'm pretty sure John Idzik knows we need weapons.  Nelson does deserve a spot on this team though.  He overachieved and was a bright spot. 

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2014, 07:02:08 PM »
Donte Moncrief & Jalen Saunders (The trader) are two possibilities that should be available in rd 3 and 4 respectfully.

I like Campanaro and Idzik's connection could make it a reality day 3.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2014, 07:26:35 PM »

I think Abbrederis is actually very fast. Not to bring up the race card, but whenever there is a white WR, they tend to be slotted down athletically. Abbrederis ran a 10.8 100 meter in H.S. which is very good. I think he has a lot of talent and would love him. He's a great route runner also which makes his speed even more effective.

I too am really coming around to a TE in the first. Id love either Amaro or Ebron. In the 2nd and 3rd we can grab WR's. I think one of Adams, Benjamin, Matthews, Robinson, Matthews, Cooks and Beckham should be available in the 2nd. Add Abbrederis in the 3rd and we have a rebuild skill position group.

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2014, 07:42:48 PM »

I too am really coming around to a TE in the first. Id love either Amaro or Ebron. In the 2nd and 3rd we can grab WR's. I think one of Adams, Benjamin, Matthews, Robinson, Matthews, Cooks and Beckham should be available in the 2nd. Add Abbrederis in the 3rd and we have a rebuild skill position group.

It makes the most sense, like E said, "there are only 3 TE's at the top", after that it drops off big time. I think it's going to be close Ebron makes it to the Jets. Teams know we will be targeting offensive talent and may want to get ahead of the Jets.......just like us missing out on Tavon Austin last year.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2014, 07:46:18 PM »
Donte Moncrief & Jalen Saunders (The trader) are two possibilities that should be available in rd 3 and 4 respectfully.

I like Campanaro and Idzik's connection could make it a reality day 3.

I keep seeing a lot of Campanaro in round 5 talk, but can he really go that high, especially given his knee injury, that he will almost certainly be rehabbing through the offseason right into the start of the year (or longer)?

Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2014, 07:48:44 PM »
I keep seeing a lot of Campanaro in round 5 talk, but can he really go that high, especially given his knee injury, that he will almost certainly be rehabbing through the offseason right into the start of the year (or longer)?

With how deep the WR class, I don't think we'll see Camanaro drafted until the last two rounds. 

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2014, 07:59:59 PM »
With how deep the WR class, I don't think we'll see Camanaro drafted until the last two rounds. 

That's my point, given the class depth, his injury, his lack of size, I just can't see him being better than a 6th rounder, and probably ends up being the next Chancy Stuckey a 7th round WR who was hurt, and makes a team and sticks around for a few years.
Need a new one for a new board...

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2014, 09:54:08 PM »

It makes the most sense, like E said, "there are only 3 TE's at the top", after that it drops off big time. I think it's going to be close Ebron makes it to the Jets. Teams know we will be targeting offensive talent and may want to get ahead of the Jets.......just like us missing out on Tavon Austin last year.

I think the overall value of a top TE prospect in RD1 and other WRs later will outweigh any reverse situation that can be thrown out there. That's just the way it is in this class.

As for an earlier bit from Pope about past RD 1 TEs, there hasn't been a great track record. What I would say is that we're really in a spot now where teams that take TEs in the first are doing so late in the round to fill immediate holes. I think that what will start separating TEs now is their ability to have the top notch athleticism which us becoming a more regular weapon in the NFL.

Tags: