Author Topic: REX STAYS/ NEW YEAR JET'S MOCK  (Read 9395 times)

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
REX STAYS/ NEW YEAR JET'S MOCK
« on: December 30, 2013, 08:12:09 PM »
My Happy New Year Jet's Mock draft.

Heavy on offense early, a few play makers that will make a difference.

Prediction of 10 picks....added 4th & 6th Rd comp picks.

It's very difficult to predict Free Agency, I expect Idzik to bring in a Vet QB to back up Geno, maybe a player like Chad Henne who is a Free Agent. Also a WR in FA is a possibility.

Some of my favorite players that I feel would be a solid fit fir the NYJ.

Comment/criticism welcome.

ROUND 1 (#18) JACE AMARO, TE, TEXAS TECH - A big target that creates mismatches, linebackers can't cover Amaro, a WR in a TE's body. Best Offensive player on the Jet's board's at #18. Amaro hasn't declared yet, but all signs point to him leaving school....we might know more after tonight's game. Geno needs a big target and Amaro is exactly that player. Watkins, Ebron & Evans were all gone.

ROUND 2 BRANDIN COOKS, WR, OREGON STATE - Electric player that runs very well after the catch and can get physical for his size. I mentioned this earlier, he's a Santana Moss clone. One of my top players this year, I want him badly in Jet's Green & White.

ROUND 3A (from Tampa) JEREMIAH ATTAOCHU, OLB, GEORGIA TECH - Played with his hand down this year, but has played linebacker. 6'3" 245...good size and excels in coverage and can get after the QB, 13 sacks in 2013.

ROUND 3B RASHAAD REYNOLDS, CB, OREGON STATE - love this Kid's game, can play man to man. A little undersized, but makes up with a physical style of play. Jets really need another CB to be in the mix, even if Cro comes back. Stock may rise and could be out of reach in Mid rd 3.

ROUND 4 HAKEEM SMITH, S, LOUISVILLE - one of the better Safeties in College. Everyone talks about Teddy B, but Louisville's defense was pretty solid.

ROUND 4 (COMP) ANDREW NORWELL, OG/T, OHIO STATE - has played LT, RT and G, a potential future starter and adds solid depth. I like O lineman that are versatile.

ROUND 5 MICHAEL CAMPANARO, WR, WAKE FOREST - John Idzik has close ties with Wake Forest, Tommy Bo wasn't a fluke pick. A solid player that ended his season to injury. If I had to guess one pick that Idzik would make...this one is almost a sure thing.

ROUND 6 ADAM MUEMA, RB, SAN DIEGO STATE - very elusive and has a great motor, for a med size RB. I've seen 2 of his games this year and he was an exciting player that defenses had trouble handling.

ROUND 6 (Comp) BRYN RENNER, QB, NORTH CAROLINA - Injuries hurt his final year. Better option and potential than Sims, who I project to be gone after training camp.

ROUND 7 KIRBY VAN DER KAMP, P, IOWA STATE - best punter still available in Rd 7, Jets need an upgrade.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: REX STAYS/ NEW YEAR JET'S MOCK
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 10:19:54 PM »
Don't know much about Reynolds but we'll have to bolster the CB depth and that would address it.

I love the first 3 picks. A draft like this would be a good step forward for the offense.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 10:38:41 PM »
Watching the Holiday Bowl right now. I'm all for the Amaro pick.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 06:56:51 AM »
I would happily take those first three picks, and I think they are all proper value where they are slotted at the moment. I like Amaro, and even though I think Ebron is the better player, I believe he can be a major impact guy on the offense.

Cooks is exactly what you said, a Santana Moss type player. Hopefully we wouldn't completely waste Cooks, too. The only issue I'd have with him is if people start saying he's rd 1 worthy.

Attaochu is a solid guy, good for developing at OLB long term in a 34. He has a great mentality for pass rushing, whereas so many other college ends just think they can speed rush around people all day. Attaochu isn't a great power rusher (he needs to get a ton stronger), but I like that he's willing to engage blockers and do the little things to make sure plays are made around him, even if not by him. And, he's relentless in pursuit. Rd 3 is perfect  because he has potential, but not yet the guaranteed skills.

I don't know about Reynolds, I'll have to watch him once the UCs get finalized.

For the later picks, I really like Campanaro. Can never have enough reliable wideouts, but the only issue if have is that we'd be loading up on inside WRs with he, Amaro, and Kerley. Even Cooks is more if a catch and run guy.  A guy with some size to develop that late would be nice, and allow us to cut ties with Hill if he still flounders in the early going next year.

Hakeem Smith and Adam Muema are both impressive players, and I like that you chose an OT that can play different spots. I'll take a very good 6th OL that can backup 2 spots in the 4th all day. Even Renner makes sense, a more cerebral QB would work well with our group.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 07:04:06 AM »
A TE sounds great and all, but the last three that we drafted in the first have been Dustin Keller, Anthony Becht, and Kyle Brady.
"Wrong!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 07:15:49 AM »
A TE sounds great and all, but the last three that we drafted in the first have been Dustin Keller, Anthony Becht, and Kyle Brady.

You're right. Don't draft anybody. We'll just get our hearts broken.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 07:43:24 AM »
Dustin Keller was pretty decent for a few years. Never really exploded but he was a pretty solid weapon for a few years

Becht and Brady were like 10 years ago. who gives a excrement

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 08:19:04 AM »
Most Jet fans will probably excrement if we draft a TE in Round 1. Kyle Brady & Company have absolutely nothing to do with the Jet's current needs.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 08:24:06 AM »
Most Jet fans will probably excrement if we draft a TE in Round 1. Kyle Brady & Company have absolutely nothing to do with the Jet's current needs.
. ESPN will  splooge themselves with the nonstop fail draft videos they could show.

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 08:31:59 AM »

Yes, and if the Jets draft another TE in the first round, the spirits of those players will enter the new TE's body and rape him from the inside, thus rendering him a shell of a human and another bust in the Jets draft history.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 08:40:26 AM »
You are all correct.
"Wrong!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 08:56:54 AM »
If the Jets draft Jase Amaro then his hands will fall off and he'll spend the rest of his life freaking your girlfriend and fisting her with his stumps.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 09:10:26 AM »

But.... but... Tight ends is so much bust all the time?

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 03:23:53 AM »
Would love this draft more with Allen Robinson or Odell Beckham or Davante Adams or Jordan Matthews in round 2. One of them will be there. I prefer all of them to Cooks. I like Cooks. Just think we'd be better off with one of the guys I mentioned.

Other than that, I like Amaro, I like Attaochu and Hakeem Smith, too.

I think the best thing the Jets can do, unless there is some massive value at QB, OL or defense, is grab 2 weapons in the passing game in the first 2 rounds. My ideal scenario right now is Ebron followed by Robinson/Matthews. Amaro-Cooks is a fine consolation prize. I don't want to lock myself in to a position, but I think in round 2, we'll get the last of the sub-elite tier of wide receivers, and we sorely could use that. Jordan Matthews would have been the Jets' best receiver this past season.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:36:00 AM by Derek Smalls »

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 03:01:06 PM »
I watched a good amount of Attaochu recently, and he is probably the only OLB prospect that isnt a 1st round prospect that I really came away impressed. Very good all around prospect- has some bend to him, nice burst and is pretty relentless. Id love him with that Bucs pick. He would be my ideal pick for an OLB in the draft.

Tags: