Author Topic: Jets lose 26-0 to Denver  (Read 4749 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Jets lose 26-0 to Denver
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2021, 09:17:07 PM »
We just have to hope the coaching improves because ultimately that's the only way this team is going to improve.
2 more games until the bye, right?

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2021, 08:38:09 AM »
NYJ should probably lay off posting this type of excrement for a little bit.  Or at least change it to something like, "we're gonna try hard"

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1442182644372934665?s=19
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 10:33:42 AM by bojanglesman »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2021, 09:32:12 AM »
Zach Wilson has been sacked 15 times throguh the first 3 games of his career. Which ranks 4th most all time (for any QB for any team)

*Joe Douglas vowing to Arch Manning’s parents that he will protect their son*
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2021, 09:36:06 AM »
*Joe Douglas vowing to Arch Manning’s parents that he will protect their son*

Summer 2019: The best thing about Joe Douglas is that he's a former lineman, so if nothing else we can trust that he'll build a proper offensive line.

Fall 2021: *watching Connor McGovern and Greg van Roten*
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2021, 09:40:06 AM »
Summer 2019: The best thing about Joe Douglas is that he's a former lineman, so if nothing else we can trust that he'll build a proper offensive line.

Fall 2021: *watching Connor McGovern and Greg van Roten*

the oline isn't an easy fix, and it takes time. 

the FA was barren of OL this past spring.  Joe Thuney and Kevin Zeitler were the only decent FAs, and they weren't coming here. 

I know you're dying to blame Douglas for something, but you're going to have to show a little more patience.

EDIT: Also, Cam Clark was supposed to compete for that RG spot....his spinal injury wasn't Douglas's fault either.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 09:42:29 AM by MBGreen »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2021, 10:16:57 AM »
the oline isn't an easy fix, and it takes time. 

the FA was barren of OL this past spring.  Joe Thuney and Kevin Zeitler were the only decent FAs, and they weren't coming here. 

I know you're dying to blame Douglas for something, but you're going to have to show a little more patience.

EDIT: Also, Cam Clark was supposed to compete for that RG spot....his spinal injury wasn't Douglas's fault either.

Who has time for patience when you’ve made David Carr references in week 3 of this kids career

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2021, 11:15:06 AM »
Who has time for patience when you’ve made David Carr references in week 3 of this kids career

I get it.

Last time this team was good, we built the oline first (mangini) and then we drafted sanchez.  Your buddy Duff  ignored the oline for his entire tenure (let's draft 2 safeties back to back instead) and now we're paying the price.  High priced oline FA's refused us, so Douglas has to turn to the draft.  I know we joke about it, but he's not going to draft strictly oline players when this team has holes all over the roster.  Becton and AVT are decent starts...but there's still work to do. 

I was hoping LaFleur would be able to scheme some of the warts away on this oline...but clearly he's in over his head.  Let's just hope we don't ruin or kill Zach in the process.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2021, 11:16:18 AM »
I get it.

Last time this team was good, we built the oline first (mangini) and then we drafted sanchez.  Your buddy Duff  ignored the oline for his entire tenure (let's draft 2 safeties back to back instead) and now we're paying the price.  High priced oline FA's refused us, so Douglas has to turn to the draft.  I know we joke about it, but he's not going to draft strictly oline players when this team has holes all over the roster.  Becton and AVT are decent starts...but there's still work to do. 

If he doesn't find a way to do the work faster he might not be here for years 5 and 6 of that contract.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2021, 11:18:48 AM »
If he doesn't find a way to do the work faster he might not be here for years 5 and 6 of that contract.

Then we'll just start the cycle over again. 

I understand the frustration...but what can Douglas do that he hasn't done already?  He doesn't have a Patrick Mahomes to lure the Joe Thuney's of the world....

What Douglas has done was built up 2 years worth of draft capital.  He needs to draft wisely....and yes, the jury is still out on that.  Unfortunately, we're all doing this with a rookie coaching regime and QB.  It's going to be ugly this season.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2021, 11:22:40 AM »
Then we'll just start the cycle over again. 

I understand the frustration...but what can Douglas do that he hasn't done already?  He doesn't have a Patrick Mahomes to lure the Joe Thuney's of the world....

What Douglas has done was built up 2 years worth of draft capital.  He needs to draft wisely....and yes, the jury is still out on that.  Unfortunately, we're all doing this with a rookie coaching regime and QB.  It's going to be ugly this season.

Two years of contributing players would have been a better start.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2021, 11:35:01 AM »
Two years of contributing players would have been a better start.

We've got a different type of situation, because we've drastically changed schemes on both sides of the ball going from Gase to Saleh.

Inside zone to outside zone

3-4 to 4-3

A lot of the players that Douglas was picking were for a completely different style of football.  He isn't just going off of his big board, picking who he thinks is best without consulting his coaching staffs.

Changing regimes was 100% necessary but it slows down the rebuild quite a bit.  Saleh putting so many young guys on the field defensively will hopefully speed it up on one side of the football.

We've also lost our two best players on both sides already:  Becton and Lawson
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 11:40:03 AM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2021, 11:38:49 AM »
We've got a different type of situation, because we've drastically changed schemes on both sides of the ball going from Gase to Saleh.

Inside zone to outside zone

3-4 to 4-3

A lot of the players that Douglas was picking were for a completing different style of football.  He isn't just going off of his big board, picking who he thinks is best without consulting his coaching staffs.

Changing regimes was 100% necessary but it slows down the rebuild quite a bit.  Saleh putting so many young guys on the field defensively will hopefully speed it up on one side of the football.

We've also lost our two best players on both sides already:  Becton and Lawson

This post is a good way to put things in perspective

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2021, 01:10:25 PM »
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
59m
Broncos’ WR K.J. Hamler tore his ACL Sunday and is out for the season, per source.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2021, 08:30:32 PM »
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
59m
Broncos’ WR K.J. Hamler tore his ACL Sunday and is out for the season, per source.

My personal opinion is that the throw by Bridgewater was a horrible decision (probably his worst decision of the season) and it lead directly to Hamlers knee exploding
Need a new one for a new board...

Tags: