Author Topic: Sam "the nice one" Darnold  (Read 261626 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Sam "the nice one" Darnold
« Reply #3135 on: February 07, 2021, 12:31:02 PM »
So what teams will be candidates for a Darnold trade?  I don't know why the Steelers keep coming up, they are going with Big Rape again.  Vikings are keeping Cousins. Absent of Wentz news, I think it's:

Colts
Bears
WFT
Broncos
Panthers
SF

Outside chance:

Saints, but they only have 3 picks total this year.  Maybe they give up the 2nd and some players?  They need to unload salary bad and we have a full wallet.  Kwon Alexander and Ryan Ramzyzkzyzkyk have no dead money for the Saints if traded.

Texans if they bail on Watson.  Darnold would be cheap and startable.

No:

Giants and Pats.  They need QBs, but no way Doug does that.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 01:44:59 PM by bojanglesman »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #3136 on: February 07, 2021, 03:17:26 PM »
I don’t think Carolina will trade for Sam

Tepper wants to make a splash and he wants his team to become a contender overnight
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3137 on: February 07, 2021, 09:02:14 PM »
I don’t think Carolina will trade for Sam

Tepper wants to make a splash and he wants his team to become a contender overnight

I thought Rhule going to Carolina over us was that he was given basically full autonomy in Carolina

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #3138 on: February 11, 2021, 12:33:17 PM »
NFL Rumors & News
@nflrums
Report: A trade that has been discussed. #49ers and #Jets a  swap of first-round picks #Jets late-round pick  Sam Darnold  to SF  and a future 2nd rd pick to #NewYork #NFL

sign me up
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3139 on: February 11, 2021, 12:36:06 PM »

sign me up

So we'd get #12 and a future 2nd for Darnold, #23 and a late found pick?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #3140 on: February 11, 2021, 12:46:30 PM »
So we'd get #12 and a future 2nd for Darnold, #23 and a late found pick?

Jets receive: #12 this year, 2022 2nd rounder

Niners receive: Darnold, and the Seattle 1st rounder (#23)

"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3141 on: February 11, 2021, 01:06:41 PM »

In.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3142 on: February 11, 2021, 01:19:09 PM »

Interesting swap for us.

I'd do it. More ammo for Watson, or a better chance at one of the top 3 WRs if they make it out of the top 10. Or perhaps the edge rusher we've been dying for for 20 years?
Need a new one for a new board...

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #3143 on: February 11, 2021, 01:23:04 PM »
Interesting swap for us.

I'd do it. More ammo for Watson, or a better chance at one of the top 3 WRs if they make it out of the top 10. Or perhaps the edge rusher we've been dying for for 20 years?

It's actually a good trade for both teams.  It certainly puts us in a nicer position than we're currently in.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3144 on: February 11, 2021, 01:28:27 PM »
It's actually a good trade for both teams.  It certainly puts us in a nicer position than we're currently in.

It also gives us essentially a first round value for Sam, and still gets us another 2nd for next year if we make any trades.

It would also put us in a very good spot for arguing no team has more to give Houston than us for Watson, no one can offer 2 picks at 2 and 12 or better. Before you could argue #3 + #18 is a better offer for Watson if you are excited about either QB. Now we unquestionably would have a better offer for Houston in every way. And having 2 top 15 picks to offer also further makes it harder to argue they deserve much more draft capital to get a Watson deal done.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #3145 on: February 11, 2021, 01:32:17 PM »
It also gives us essentially a first round value for Sam, and still gets us another 2nd for next year if we make any trades.

It would also put us in a very good spot for arguing no team has more to give Houston than us for Watson, no one can offer 2 picks at 2 and 12 or better. Before you could argue #3 + #18 is a better offer for Watson if you are excited about either QB. Now we unquestionably would have a better offer for Houston in every way. And having 2 top 15 picks to offer also further makes it harder to argue they deserve much more draft capital to get a Watson deal done.

Dude, i love Watson.  But i hope you're prepared for the Jets to pass on him if Houston digs their heels in up to the draft (and/or beyond). 

I'm going fwd under the notion we're taking a QB at #2.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3146 on: February 11, 2021, 02:09:05 PM »
Dude, i love Watson.  But i hope you're prepared for the Jets to pass on him if Houston digs their heels in up to the draft (and/or beyond). 

I'm going fwd under the notion we're taking a QB at #2.

Oddly enough, we still could be in the Watson sweepstakes if it moves beyond the draft.

Take the QB at #2, and then a weapon at #12, build the roster NOW for the young kid

then later on, we could send them the Kid we draft OR just next years 2022 draft picks (2 1s and 2 s are available in that scenario trade for Sam) to get Watson, and then we trade the #2 QB for assets or to Houston if they want him to be their guy.

My point is it's not an impossibility even if we don't get Watson prior to the draft. And getting even more capital for next year sets us up well for that move if it's an option.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #3147 on: February 11, 2021, 02:22:09 PM »
Jet Up Nation
@jetupnationcrew
·
14m
Worth mentioning, @AdamSchefter
 confirmed the Colts, Panthers, and WFT have contacted the Jets to inquire about Sam Darnold's availability.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #3148 on: February 11, 2021, 02:27:53 PM »

then later on, we could send them the Kid we draft OR just next years 2022 draft picks (2 1s and 2 s are available in that scenario trade for Sam) to get Watson, and then we trade the #2 QB for assets or to Houston if they want him to be their guy.

Not impossible but that would be unprecedented right?

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3149 on: February 11, 2021, 02:43:51 PM »

Not impossible but that would be unprecedented right?

It would. But so would a trade of Watson/Watson caliber player

Sure it’s unlikely but it is possible