Author Topic: Sam "the nice one" Darnold  (Read 261705 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: Sam "the nice one" Darnold
« Reply #1455 on: October 02, 2019, 01:07:45 PM »
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1456 on: October 02, 2019, 01:19:21 PM »
3 weeks of not lifting, jogging, practicing

Probably lost more than a few pounds. He's playing against elite athletes that are freaking 300 pound monsters. At this level I think anything makes a big difference

I think you're overestimating the impact that three weeks of not training will have had. He'll be lacking some of the game tuning, but it's not like he's dropped to 180lbs. The playbook isn't exactly stuffed with designed runs anyway so they're not going to have to change much.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #1457 on: October 02, 2019, 01:27:37 PM »
The playbook isn't exactly stuffed with designed runs anyway so they're not going to have to change much.

I heard we're doing more plays, that should help.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1458 on: October 02, 2019, 04:26:45 PM »
I think you're overestimating the impact that three weeks of not training will have had. He'll be lacking some of the game tuning, but it's not like he's dropped to 180lbs. The playbook isn't exactly stuffed with designed runs anyway so they're not going to have to change much.

No designed runs, but behind this OL he will be running for his life everyplay. With a poor line and being a very inexperienced QB I think the cumulative effects could very well add up. Especially if he's getting hit early and often

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1459 on: October 02, 2019, 04:35:16 PM »
No designed runs, but behind this OL he will be running for his life everyplay. With a poor line and being a very inexperienced QB I think the cumulative effects could very well add up. Especially if he's getting hit early and often

I realise I sound like a stuck record here, but Siemian and Falk make this line worse. They don't read the defense, they don't make adjustments or audibles, they don't feel pressure, and they don't see the open looks early enough. Sam may be younger and less experienced but he's on a different level to both of them, and the line will look different with him calling the LOS.

If he's fit he has to play.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1461 on: October 02, 2019, 07:04:39 PM »
If he's fit he has to play.

100%. If he’s cleared he has to play. Everyone has to stop pretending they’re MD’s and let the doctors make the decisions.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1462 on: October 02, 2019, 08:39:03 PM »
100%. If he’s cleared he has to play. Everyone has to stop pretending they’re MD’s and let the doctors make the decisions.

Doctors should decide which players play?

They're able to decide if he's medically safe to play. Not whether he's in GameDay shape

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1463 on: October 02, 2019, 09:33:10 PM »
Doctors should decide which players play?

They're able to decide if he's medically safe to play. Not whether he's in GameDay shape
I'm sorry but a doctor would know more about that, too.

If doctors clear him, he should play. It is simple. He practiced today so even if he had some rust, this should shake some of it off.

Was Luke Falk in game shape? Was Jay Cutler in game shape whe  he was brought into Miami?

If he is clearly weakened, hopefully coaches can recognize that. But beyond that, play him if the docs let him.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1464 on: October 02, 2019, 10:09:00 PM »
I'm sorry but a doctor would know more about that, too.

If doctors clear him, he should play. It is simple. He practiced today so even if he had some rust, this should shake some of it off.

Was Luke Falk in game shape? Was Jay Cutler in game shape whe  he was brought into Miami?

If he is clearly weakened, hopefully coaches can recognize that. But beyond that, play him if the docs let him.

But the reality is jsut because he's cleared, the bare minimum to medically not be expected to die from a ruptured spleen during a game , is it worth putting your young franchise QB in during a lost season with a poor offensive line at anything less than 100%?

If the dudes 100% you absolutely have to play him. If the playoffs are on the line you have to play him. But there's literally a 0 chance of him being close to 100% and our playoff chances aren't much better than that.

It's just flat out stupid honestly. Give the guy another week let him at least get a full week of full workouts and practice in. The Jets have 13 games left this season, it's okay if he misses 1 more so he can recover from mono

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #1465 on: October 02, 2019, 10:37:10 PM »
But the reality is jsut because he's cleared, the bare minimum to medically not be expected to die from a ruptured spleen during a game , is it worth putting your young franchise QB in during a lost season with a poor offensive line at anything less than 100%?

If the dudes 100% you absolutely have to play him. If the playoffs are on the line you have to play him. But there's literally a 0 chance of him being close to 100% and our playoff chances aren't much better than that.

It's just flat out stupid honestly. Give the guy another week let him at least get a full week of full workouts and practice in. The Jets have 13 games left this season, it's okay if he misses 1 more so he can recover from mono

Why is this a lost season? We’re 0-3, not 0-9. Everyone on this board expected the Jets to start 2-4 or 1-5, with 3-3 being a pipe dream. The second half of the schedule is significantly easier, anything can happen. No reason to give up on the season after 3 weeks. Why even watch?

I’m as big of a Darnold fan as anyone, but the truth of the matter is the jury is still somewhat out on him. No one truly knows if he’s a franchise QB, he still has to prove it on the field. Everyone though Sanchez was the guy, but we know how that turned out. It seems like a really bad idea that assumes a lot to propose sitting Sam based on the belief that not playing in games is actually beneficial for him.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1466 on: October 02, 2019, 11:08:34 PM »
It's not not playing him that's beneficial. It's not rushing him back from mono to play in a game where the opposing team is favored by 3 scores, even though Darnold has basically been bed bound for a month and still isn't cleared for contact just a few days before the game.

If Darnold plays its because we rushed him back. Whether that's worth it or not is debatable, but I think it's ridiculous

A team hasn't started the season 0-3 and made the playoffs in 20 years. The statistical odds of doing so is 2.8%
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 11:11:29 PM by dcm1602 »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1467 on: October 02, 2019, 11:22:00 PM »
It's not not playing him that's beneficial. It's not rushing him back from mono to play in a game where the opposing team is favored by 3 scores, even though Darnold has basically been bed bound for a month and still isn't cleared for contact just a few days before the game.

If Darnold plays its because we rushed him back. Whether that's worth it or not is debatable, but I think it's ridiculous

A team hasn't started the season 0-3 and made the playoffs in 20 years. The statistical odds of doing so is 2.8%
If Darnold plays it is because hes healthy. You have no idea if he would have been rushed back or not. None of us have any idea. To think you know otherwise is wrong.

I view him being cleared for contact as him being 100%. The Jets seem to agree. Nobody wants Dadnold reinjured.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1468 on: October 03, 2019, 12:22:16 AM »
If Darnold plays it is because hes healthy. You have no idea if he would have been rushed back or not. None of us have any idea. To think you know otherwise is wrong.

I view him being cleared for contact as him being 100%. The Jets seem to agree. Nobody wants Dadnold reinjured.

So you think a guy is going to go from not being able to jog, practice, or workout for close to a month. And then the day he's cleared for full activity he's instantly 100%?

That's some optimism

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #1469 on: October 03, 2019, 01:56:43 AM »

?? It happened last season