Author Topic: 2018 NFL Draft Thread  (Read 40023 times)

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
Re: 2018 NFL Draft Thread
« Reply #570 on: April 28, 2018, 05:05:37 PM »
Somebody catch me up here. Last I knew we were set to draft at 180 and it was like pick 170 or so.

What went down? I looked for new player threads, and don't see anybody aside from the trade for Henry Anderson.

We traded back twice with the Vikings and then drafted three players in the 6th round: CB Parry Nickerson, DL Foley Fatukasi, and RB Trenton Cannon.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #571 on: April 28, 2018, 05:09:02 PM »
We traded back twice with the Vikings and then drafted three players in the 6th round: CB Parry Nickerson, DL Foley Fatukasi, and RB Trenton Cannon.

That's awesome to get Nickerson, but I don't know anything about the other two. Anybody do any deep dives?
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #573 on: January 17, 2019, 09:42:10 PM »
Quinnen Williams makes a lot more sense with the switch to the 4-3, but drafting interior DL hasn’t gotten us anywhere recently. We also have much more of a need at DE, considering we don’t have any true starters there, and at DT we have Leo - $14M a year, Shep - 3rd rd pick, Fatukasi - 5th rd pick, Pennel.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
2018 NFL Draft Thread
« Reply #574 on: January 17, 2019, 09:46:49 PM »
Unless you’re far and away convinced that Q Williams is the BPA you need to draft at a more premium position. Interior DL is a luxury pick for this team

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #575 on: January 17, 2019, 09:59:51 PM »
Unless you’re far and away convinced that Q Williams is the BPA you need to draft at a more premium position. Interior DL is a luxury pick for this team

Say Bosa and Allen go 1 and 2. Quinnen Williams is quite arguably the BPA. I could totally see that scenario playing out. We would be getting a hell of a player, but I hope we go in another direction.

Obviously FA will dictate how we want to use the pick. If we somehow steal Demarcus Lawrence or Frank Clark and another capable starter, I wouldn’t hate drafting Williams depending on the board.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #576 on: March 27, 2020, 09:24:00 AM »
Wow and I thought I didn’t like Luke Falk before...

He knew.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #577 on: March 27, 2020, 09:24:27 AM »
Say Bosa and Allen go 1 and 2. Quinnen Williams is quite arguably the BPA. I could totally see that scenario playing out. We would be getting a hell of a player, but I hope we go in another direction.

Obviously FA will dictate how we want to use the pick. If we somehow steal Demarcus Lawrence or Frank Clark and another capable starter, I wouldn’t hate drafting Williams depending on the board.

Welp

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #578 on: March 27, 2020, 09:25:43 AM »
Quinnen Williams is going to be a very good player
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #579 on: March 27, 2020, 05:32:38 PM »
Quinnen Williams is going to be a very good player
We need him to be.

The two most important players for the 2020 Jets are Sam Darnold and Quinnen Williams. Both are young and talented enough where they can definitely be Pro Bowlers at their peaks. Is Quinnen going to be a rotational DL for his career? Or is he going to be a star worthy of a top-5 pick? If he can become that disruptive force we drafted him to be, everything changes defensively.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #580 on: March 28, 2020, 06:09:26 PM »
We need him to be.

The two most important players for the 2020 Jets are Sam Darnold and Quinnen Williams. Both are young and talented enough where they can definitely be Pro Bowlers at their peaks. Is Quinnen going to be a rotational DL for his career? Or is he going to be a star worthy of a top-5 pick? If he can become that disruptive force we drafted him to be, everything changes defensively.

I’m 1000% confident in our D-Coordinator to get the most out of him this season. Guy made Nathan freaking Shepherd look like a player last season

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #581 on: March 28, 2020, 10:40:24 PM »
I’m 1000% confident in our D-Coordinator to get the most out of him this season. Guy made Nathan freaking Shepherd look like a player last season
And your guy Foley.

Foley and Shepherd both took big steps in their second seasons. Hopefully, Quinnen can do the same. Kyle Phillips, too.

Tags: