Author Topic: Unitarian Universalist Church of Leonard Williams  (Read 24302 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Unitarian Universalist Church of Leonard Williams
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2019, 09:23:02 PM »
I would rather have a 2nd-round pick than have Leonard Williams on a big contract.

I would rather have a guy like Hakeem Butler in the 2nd round than pay Leonard Williams open market money.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2019, 09:27:56 PM »
If we move on from Leonard Williams, our pick is most likely going to be Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver at 3 (unless we trade back).

Reminds me of the Dee Milliner selection after the Revis trade. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2019, 09:50:30 PM »
I wonder if they would bring back both Hank and Leo. Also we have this bum named Shepherd who should hopefully see some snaps next year
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2019, 09:52:37 PM »
I wonder if they would bring back both Hank and Leo. Also we have this bum named Shepherd who should hopefully see some snaps next year

Henry Anderson deserves a multi-year deal. 

MoreCharacters

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2019, 01:03:10 AM »
they have a billion dollars in cap space

rather keep both anderson and williams.  open up a hole in a trade and you're overpaying another trumaine johnson type signing somewhere on the field instead of overpaying leonard if he's only good instead of breaking out with a new coach

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2019, 01:37:46 AM »
Leonard Williams isn't a bad influence or teammate, so we need to hope a better coaching staff can get more out of him.

Get him some help and see what he can do.  The kid gets his derriere kicked by double teams all game long.  We need another threat in the front seven to take some of the load off of him.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2019, 01:44:06 AM »
Leonard Williams isn't a bad influence or teammate, so we need to hope a better coaching staff can get more out of him.

Get him some help and see what he can do.  The kid gets his derriere kicked by double teams all game long.  We need another threat in the front seven to take some of the load off of him.

But...but...Josh Allen!!!
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2019, 10:44:04 AM »
duff should explore trades for anyone to see if he can find a steal anywhere.  he's done well in trades

but if he's not getting a major player for leo I'd be disappointed in any coach that came in and couldn't find a way to design his scheme to fit his assets

unless they don't bring back henry anderson for some insane reason, Williams/Anderson is a nice building block up front, punting on that is two steps backwards when they have so many steps they need to take

This is how I feel. You're taking a step backwards if you get rid of Williams, and worse if you don't bring back Anderson. Given that this team should be spending a lot of money and draft capital to make Sam Darnold better, it makes more sense to hang on to building blocks you already have on the defensive side of the ball.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2019, 11:52:26 AM »
If we move on from Leonard Williams, our pick is most likely going to be Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver at 3 (unless we trade back).

Reminds me of the Dee Milliner selection after the Revis trade. 

The never ending treadmill. Idzik got himself fired, hopefully Macc knows better.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2019, 12:33:00 PM »
Latest on Leonard Williams #Jets
Late Sunday night or early Monday Morning his car was found crashed in NJ, no occupant was found inside. Investigation ongoing (PANJ) as to who was driving and left scene after accident, Williams not arrested or detained as of now.

-Prison Bob
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2019, 04:13:24 PM »
-Prison Bob

Jesus.

Do we even know if he’s alive?
Need a new one for a new board...

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2019, 04:52:30 PM »
Do we get a comp pick if he died?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2019, 03:42:38 AM »
Has there been any mention of this in another source?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2019, 12:38:41 PM »
I don't know what Manish's intention is on posting this now (there's always one) but I actually agree. He hasn't been that impressive, but he's young and the talent is there. With our new DC, he might improve a lot. Trading him would be a waste.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-leonard-williams-jets-gregg-williams-20190205-story.html

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2019, 01:03:41 PM »
I don't know what Manish's intention is on posting this now (there's always one) but I actually agree. He hasn't been that impressive, but he's young and the talent is there. With our new DC, he might improve a lot. Trading him would be a waste.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-sports-leonard-williams-jets-gregg-williams-20190205-story.html

Skimmed the article; nothing revelatory or opinion-changing for me.
I've said before, it'd be silly to trade LWilliams for anything other than a high 1st rounder. He's "disappointed" for anyone expecting him to be a one-man defense with 15 sacks a year on a defense that rarely puts him in a position to get big statistical numbers.

In a Gregg Williams 4-3 (and hopefully surrounded by improved talent...with a hopefully improved offense that doesn't hinder the D with constant 3-and-outs) we can really get a sense of Leonard's ability. He's still very young and very talented. His biggest downside so far has been "not being Aaron Donald in a half-assed 3-4".

Tags: