Author Topic: Unitarian Universalist Church of Leonard Williams  (Read 24300 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: Unitarian Universalist Church of Leonard Williams
« Reply #150 on: October 22, 2019, 01:32:59 PM »
If he was two steps faster he's already have the all time sack record.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #151 on: October 22, 2019, 07:00:40 PM »
I grow more convinced every day he's going to be traded.

And I think we're going to live to regret it.

Regret drafting him?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #152 on: October 22, 2019, 08:37:04 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Leonard put it all together either after we resign him or with a new team. He is still young so.he still should have some upside.

It would be rough for the locker room to start selling midseason but if the Jets know they arent resigning Leonard, they should trade him. Even if they still hold on to hope they can make a run against a soft schedule, beat case scenario is we get blown out in a Wild Card game. And it's far more likely we get a high draft pick.

Trading Leonard also allows us to start reallocating some of our resources to other positions besides DL. Obviously we would need to get quality draft picks but I think we need to plan for 2020 roster-wise.

I think it depends if the Jets win this week or not. If the Jets win, they will try to make a run. If they lose, I could see a firesale.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #153 on: October 22, 2019, 08:52:15 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised at all if Leonard put it all together either after we resign him or with a new team. He is still young so.he still should have some upside.

It would be rough for the locker room to start selling midseason but if the Jets know they arent resigning Leonard, they should trade him. Even if they still hold on to hope they can make a run against a soft schedule, beat case scenario is we get blown out in a Wild Card game. And it's far more likely we get a high draft pick.

Trading Leonard also allows us to start reallocating some of our resources to other positions besides DL. Obviously we would need to get quality draft picks but I think we need to plan for 2020 roster-wise.

I think it depends if the Jets win this week or not. If the Jets win, they will try to make a run. If they lose, I could see a firesale.

Would continue the cycle of drafting D line top 5-10, letting them walk, being terrible and getting another one in the draft.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #154 on: October 22, 2019, 09:08:45 PM »
We can’t afford to give away players if we draft excrement in return they fill out our shelves with overpriced free agents

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #155 on: October 22, 2019, 11:12:37 PM »
We can’t afford to give away players if we draft excrement in return they fill out our shelves with overpriced free agents
You have to trust the FO to draft well whether they've earned it or not. That's how you win in the NFL.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2019, 10:57:04 AM »
You have to trust the FO to draft well whether they've earned it or not. That's why we haven't won in the NFL.

FYP

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #157 on: October 23, 2019, 11:27:18 AM »
FYP

That’s why we haven’t won excrement, because we can’t draft. It’s long since been established. But if we can’t or won’t pay a guy it’s better to get something for him than nothing.

That said I think Leo has the potential to net us a comp pick that’s in the 3-4 range. If we can’t get a better offer on the market, we simply let him walk. Robby is more complicated, he is certainly not good enough to be untouchable. He is also one of the few potentially tradeable assets we have, but he’s also one of Sams only weapons. We saw what happened to Sanchez when we took away his OL and WR corps.

Sams current OL is worse than the one that destroyed Sanchez, and giving away Robby makes his receivers worse than the group that Destroyed Sanchez (although their attitudes are far better). Add in that I personally think the coaching now is worse than it was in ‘11 and The only saving grace we have is that Sams starting point is far better than Sanchez and he has a greater potential to overcome adversity.

That said his development is the only thing that matters and I’m not sure I’m giving Robby away for a pick expected in the late second right now. If the Bengals want to give us a 2nd that’s different from the Packers IMO. It would talk a lot to make me give him up.
Need a new one for a new board...

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2019, 11:57:19 AM »
I agree with you, you do have to trust your front office to draft well, we've just not been able to hire the right person to do it since Tannenbaum. That's why this roster is so bad now. 

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2019, 11:51:29 AM »
Is he traded yet?

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2019, 08:39:20 PM »
How about now?

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2019, 08:57:37 PM »
How about now?

Is he traded yet? Is he traded yet? How long until he gets traded????

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #162 on: October 24, 2019, 08:58:44 PM »
He and Robby will be gone by Tuesday if we lose on Sunday.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2019, 09:15:08 PM »
Is he traded yet? Is he traded yet? How long until he gets traded????
So is he traded or what?

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #164 on: October 25, 2019, 04:47:38 AM »
What do they do with old empty churches?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 09:38:15 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tags: