Author Topic: Unitarian Universalist Church of Leonard Williams  (Read 24303 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: Unitarian Universalist Church of Leonard Williams
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2019, 01:56:19 PM »
A stiff arm is a legal facemask, the ball carrier can do it but the defender can't. Some more bullshit.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2019, 02:06:02 PM »
Allen is still a QB, he's not exactly Mike Alstott.  Leo should win that battle every time.

you're joking right? 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2019, 02:10:55 PM »
you're joking right? 

Dude...i have bigger worries than your opinion right now...like the Jets are about to freak up their HC hire again.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2019, 02:11:06 PM »
Allen is still a QB, he's not exactly Mike Alstott.  Leo should win that battle every time.

Handoffs and stiff arms are a matter of leverage, not a straight size fight. They're hard to do well but if you make the right contact a much smaller guy can comfortably deflect the tackle of a much larger man. Shady's made a career out of pushing off tackles from guys with 6 inches and 80lbs on him.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2019, 02:12:21 PM »
Handoffs and stiff arms are a matter of leverage, not a straight size fight. They're hard to do well but if you make the right contact a much smaller guy can comfortably deflect the tackle of a much larger man. Shady's made a career out of pushing off tackles from guys with 6 inches and 80lbs on him.

If we keep him, whatever...but if we trade him, i'm fine with that too.  He hasn't done anything outside of "meh" yet.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2019, 02:14:35 PM »
If we keep him, whatever...but if we trade him, i'm fine with that too.  He hasn't done anything outside of "meh" yet.

I think he has failed to live up to the heights we expected of him, but we've also put him in a position from which it was hard to do so. If we had anything vaguely resembling a pass rush threat from our linebackers I don't think we'd be complaining too much; it's not really fair to ask a 3-4 end to be posting big sack numbers when he's doubled on pretty much every single play.

Unless he has a case of Wilkerson attitude, I'm definitely in the camp of keeping him.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2019, 03:42:01 PM »
I think he has failed to live up to the heights we expected of him, but we've also put him in a position from which it was hard to do so. If we had anything vaguely resembling a pass rush threat from our linebackers I don't think we'd be complaining too much; it's not really fair to ask a 3-4 end to be posting big sack numbers when he's doubled on pretty much every single play.

Unless he has a case of Wilkerson attitude, I'm definitely in the camp of keeping him.

This is exactly where I stand. The problem is, he's shown some laziness this year. My question is whether that was just checking out on Bowles, or a sign of problems to come.

This is big one on Maccagnan's plate. If he's seen signs of a Wilk repeat, he has to trade him. Regardless, I want to see them give him a chance to at least attend OTAs with the new coaching staff.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2019, 03:49:29 PM »
This is exactly where I stand. The problem is, he's shown some laziness this year. My question is whether that was just checking out on Bowles, or a sign of problems to come.

This is big one on Maccagnan's plate. If he's seen signs of a Wilk repeat, he has to trade him. Regardless, I want to see them give him a chance to at least attend OTAs with the new coaching staff.

Bart Scott made a good point after the last game. He was saying when a season has gone to excrement and you're in the last couple games, you seriously start to think about spending the off season working out and healthy as opposed to being in surgery and rehab, and it can affect your play. Shouldn't be that way but it probably is.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2019, 03:52:09 PM »
Bart Scott made a good point after the last game. He was saying when a season has gone to excrement and you're in the last couple games, you seriously start to think about spending the off season working out and healthy as opposed to being in surgery and rehab, and it can affect your play. Shouldn't be that way but it probably is.

Don't want to wind up like Marcus Maye.

A lot of this is probably going to depend on the new coach hire and what he wants his defense to look like.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2019, 03:53:59 PM »

Guys make "business decisions" with their bodies.

It's easy for me on the coach to get pissed off at a guy for being lazy but at the end of the day, if a guy gets seriously injured at the tail-end of a lost season, what did he accomplish?

Williams hasn't lived up to the hype, and he certainly didn't play to his talent at the end of this season, but again, I'm willing to give him the chance to prove himself under a new regime.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2019, 04:06:13 PM »

Williams hasn't lived up to the hype, and he certainly didn't play to his talent at the end of this season, but again, I'm willing to give him the chance to prove himself under a new regime.

Totally this, especially considering his age.
He's arguably never been put in a position to succeed/live up to his draft status.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2019, 04:26:40 PM »
I really don't think he was the right pick us regardless of his talent level. I also don't think the laziness arguments are at all founded.

He's a good player but right now it's up in the air as to wether or not he, or anyone else for that matter, will fit whatever system we will have in place under the new head coach.

I think there are three people exempt from any trade ideas right now and that's Darnold, Adams, and Enunwa and the latter is only on the list because we just signed him to an extension. This roster could look very different at the end of March.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2019, 04:46:41 PM »
This roster could look very different at the end of March.

It better.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2019, 06:59:05 PM »
It better.

This is damn right.

I expect 3-5 new starters on either side of the ball next year.
Need a new one for a new board...

MoreCharacters

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2019, 07:11:01 PM »
duff should explore trades for anyone to see if he can find a steal anywhere.  he's done well in trades

but if he's not getting a major player for leo I'd be disappointed in any coach that came in and couldn't find a way to design his scheme to fit his assets

unless they don't bring back henry anderson for some insane reason, Williams/Anderson is a nice building block up front, punting on that is two steps backwards when they have so many steps they need to take

Tags: