Author Topic: The OFFICIAL 2018 New York Yankees Thread  (Read 131760 times)

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: The OFFICIAL 2018 New York Yankees Thread
« Reply #1710 on: November 05, 2018, 11:22:39 AM »
Lmao, MLBTR is projecting Bryce Harper to sign a 14 year $420 million deal and Manny Machado to 13 year, $390 mill

I always think it's funny when people talk about how baseball is a dead sport.

Like billionaires just figure they have nothing else to do with their money than give a guy a half-billion to play into his rec league years.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1711 on: November 05, 2018, 10:11:21 PM »
Source: The Yankees have expressed interest in Bryce Harper as a first baseman. They have reached out to Nationals execs about his makeup and willingness to move positions. Aren’t completely sold on Voit (“could be a September fluke”), lost a lot of hope in Bird

@DanJFederico
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1712 on: November 06, 2018, 11:54:34 AM »
That's the one scenario where I could see Harper in pinstripes. And he seemed to know that earlier this year. It will be stunning if Cashman somehow winds up with Corbin, Machado, and Harper. Obviously, that's all just money, but convincing Hal to spend like that would be some feat.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1713 on: November 06, 2018, 11:58:12 AM »
Cashman yesterday basically said if they can make the numbers work with CC, both sides are open to a return. I don't get attached to a lot of players, but I'd like to see CC along with Gardner for one more run.

Also, it borders on literally lol how Cashman is so blatant about Gray. He's basically like "Yeah, whatever, dude can't handle NY, and we're tired of trying, come and get him."

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1714 on: November 06, 2018, 05:25:13 PM »
Cashman yesterday basically said if they can make the numbers work with CC, both sides are open to a return. I don't get attached to a lot of players, but I'd like to see CC along with Gardner for one more run.

Also, it borders on literally lol how Cashman is so blatant about Gray. He's basically like "Yeah, whatever, dude can't handle NY, and we're tired of trying, come and get him."

I hear #Yankees and CC Sabathia are working thru final details of what, when finalized, would be a 1-yr, $8M deal. Hear Sabathia, in planned last season, didn't want to look around, wanted to quickly work out something with NYY.

-Sherman

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1715 on: November 06, 2018, 05:25:19 PM »
Noiceee

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #1716 on: November 07, 2018, 12:20:42 PM »
Really happy to see CC back in the fold for a last ride.

Bryce Harper turned down 10/300 from the Nationals. What is he looking for?! The only position players who will make $30M or more next year are Cabrera ($30M) and Trout ($33.25).

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #1717 on: November 07, 2018, 07:32:47 PM »
Gary Sanchez is going to have a left shoulder surgery, Cashman says. Still expected to be ready for Opening Day. Has been dealing with problem for a while. #Yankees

Gary Sanchez's left shoulder has bothered him off and on since 2017, Brian Cashman said. He needed an injection in '17 and two this past year.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1718 on: November 07, 2018, 08:46:34 PM »
Yo, start a 2019 Yankees thread. I feel dirty doing it.
A cross-dressing limey poofter