Author Topic: Jets CEO Christopher Johnson  (Read 7280 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: Jets CEO Christopher Johnson
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2019, 11:40:18 AM »
I hope Woody takes the pee and comes back with an over the top British accent

Or Woody comes back more worldly and decides the perfect football coach for this team is Jose Mourinho.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2019, 11:51:43 AM »
I get we are upset with the team' performance and with Gase, but I dont know how much blame Chris deserves and how happy we should be to have Woody back.

This is Chris' first time working through this.  He clearly made a mistake with Gase, but hes done two admirable things since then.

1.  He fired Mcagnan.  Most owners including Woody would not have fired Duff when he did.  They would have fired him at the end of this season.  It takes balls to admit you made a mistake after you made a $100MM investment.  Should he have seen this earlier, maybe.  But I for one am happy that our owner will make decisions to change things as soon as he realizes he was wrong and something needs to be done.  No reason to stew in your own excrement.

2.  He hired Douglas.  FWIW the media praises this decision, and we probably wouldn't have gotten joe if we didnt fire Duff abruptly after the draft.

I would also put money on Chris allowing a reorg of the working structure (coach reports to gm) over Woody.  Woody makes the same mistakes over and over again, Chris atleast seems to learn from those mistakes.

Things have been shitty over the past 3 months, but I think I still prefer chris to woody.  I'd like to see how he progresses through this as he learns.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2019, 12:19:54 PM »
I get we are upset with the team' performance and with Gase, but I dont know how much blame Chris deserves and how happy we should be to have Woody back.

This is Chris' first time working through this.  He clearly made a mistake with Gase, but hes done two admirable things since then.

1.  He fired Mcagnan.  Most owners including Woody would not have fired Duff when he did.  They would have fired him at the end of this season.  It takes balls to admit you made a mistake after you made a $100MM investment.  Should he have seen this earlier, maybe.  But I for one am happy that our owner will make decisions to change things as soon as he realizes he was wrong and something needs to be done.  No reason to stew in your own excrement.

2.  He hired Douglas.  FWIW the media praises this decision, and we probably wouldn't have gotten joe if we didnt fire Duff abruptly after the draft.

I would also put money on Chris allowing a reorg of the working structure (coach reports to gm) over Woody.  Woody makes the same mistakes over and over again, Chris atleast seems to learn from those mistakes.

Things have been shitty over the past 3 months, but I think I still prefer chris to woody.  I'd like to see how he progresses through this as he learns.

Manish is a troll, but he generally turns out to be right when he reports things like Chris being upset at being criticized for the Gase hire. That's worrisome.

It took some balls to fire Maccagnan so late in the offseason, but if Gase didn't author that entire thing, I think Maccagnan would still be here.

Overall, I'm kind of on the same page as you. Chris may have made a mistake with Gase, but Woody generally hasn't done a good job at all while in charge.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2019, 12:31:11 PM »

Making a mistake is fine him being unable to admit it and learn from it is the real problem.

And he didn't hire Douglas. He thought Gase was some brilliant move and savior of the franchise probably getting manipulated by Peyton Mannings charm and endorsement, then put the faith of his franchise in this snake oil salesman who told Chris Johnson to fire Mac and hire Douglas.

So in summary Chris Johnson

Has never had a real job
Is a naieve freaking idiot
Is a stubborn crybaby freak who can't handle criticism or admit he's wrong l
Bent over and calls Gase daddy

People slobbed on his gnob for being progressive and supporting the football players during the kneeling thing. Not because of anything related to football.

If the dude can make tough decisions in the offseason, and realize that having a leadership structure where a guy who has never had a job let alone knows nothing about football overrules the GM in football related decisions is a stupid freaking thing. Then maybe I'd start to respect him.

Till then he's excrement

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2019, 04:40:59 PM »
Making a mistake is fine him being unable to admit it and learn from it is the real problem.

And he didn't hire Douglas. He thought Gase was some brilliant move and savior of the franchise probably getting manipulated by Peyton Mannings charm and endorsement, then put the faith of his franchise in this snake oil salesman who told Chris Johnson to fire Mac and hire Douglas.

So in summary Chris Johnson

Has never had a real job
Is a naieve freaking idiot
Is a stubborn crybaby freak who can't handle criticism or admit he's wrong l
Bent over and calls Gase daddy

People slobbed on his gnob for being progressive and supporting the football players during the kneeling thing. Not because of anything related to football.

If the dude can make tough decisions in the offseason, and realize that having a leadership structure where a guy who has never had a job let alone knows nothing about football overrules the GM in football related decisions is a stupid freaking thing. Then maybe I'd start to respect him.

Till then he's excrement
All of what you are saying is blatantly wrong.  The rest contradicts itself

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2019, 06:17:54 PM »
What’s a naieve?

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2019, 06:34:17 PM »
We're fucked with either of those 2 idiots running the team, who the freak cares??

If gase dosent give Chris a dickslap and make him fire maccagnan, we'd still have him though. But he'd probly get fired after the season, and we might not get Douglas(who also has done nothing of value so far, not that he's had much opportunity) .

Being a Jets fan suckssssss
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 06:37:31 PM by IATA »

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2019, 06:58:28 PM »
I think ownership is the most overrated thing in sports. 90% of their involvement is signing checks

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2019, 08:17:43 PM »
I think ownership is the most overrated thing in sports. 90% of their involvement is signing checks

I mean he did decide to make Adam Gase king of the franchise.

I'd say that makes his involvement highly influential

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2019, 03:45:39 AM »
I mean he did decide to make Adam Gase king of the franchise.

I'd say that makes his involvement highly influential
Gase forced Maccagnan out. I think that is clearly a positive that Gase recognized that Macc sucked. I'm sure Gase will use the fact that Macc built a flawed roster as a large part of his defense to return. I think Douglas has more influence on the roster than Gase.

Chris seems like a guy who thinks and wants the beat for everyone. Maccagnan seemed like a nice guy. Gase probably beat some sense into him that he wasn't good at his job.

The biggest thing with ownership is to hire the right people and to be willing to open their checkbooks when necessary. The Johnsons seem like mostly nice guys who are kind of in over their heads. But if we had a coach and QB in place, none of it would matter.

Everyone talks about how great Giants ownership is. When the QB got old and the talent base dwindled, that didn't matter anymore.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2019, 07:51:38 AM »
Gase forced Maccagnan out. I think that is clearly a positive that Gase recognized that Macc sucked. I'm sure Gase will use the fact that Macc built a flawed roster as a large part of his defense to return. I think Douglas has more influence on the roster than Gase.

Chris seems like a guy who thinks and wants the beat for everyone. Maccagnan seemed like a nice guy. Gase probably beat some sense into him that he wasn't good at his job.

The biggest thing with ownership is to hire the right people and to be willing to open their checkbooks when necessary. The Johnsons seem like mostly nice guys who are kind of in over their heads. But if we had a coach and QB in place, none of it would matter.

Everyone talks about how great Giants ownership is. When the QB got old and the talent base dwindled, that didn't matter anymore.

Nobody disagrees that Mac built a flawed roster. But we're getting blown out by much worse rosters, our QB is regressing with unquestionably more talent around him.

Chris Johnson is a bitch, I don't remember ever listening to Woody cry the fans weren't fair to him

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2019, 08:55:34 AM »
The root cause of our issues this season can be traced back to CJ’s decision not to fire Duff along with Bowles.

We would likely have Matt Rhule and had a GM that knows what he’s doing handle the draft and FA.

Also, how was Gase able to immediately figure out that Duff was incompetent when CJ didn’t see it in 3 years?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2019, 10:00:53 AM »
The root cause of our issues this season can be traced back to CJ’s decision not to fire Duff along with Bowles.

We would likely have Matt Rhule and had a GM that knows what he’s doing handle the draft and FA.

Also, how was Gase able to immediately figure out that Duff was incompetent when CJ didn’t see it in 3 years?

Maybe Gase just saw an opening between Chris Johnsons derriere cheeks and went in for the power play, plus the rumors about whether the Jets would fire Mac or not

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2019, 10:26:06 AM »
Also, how was Gase able to immediately figure out that Duff was incompetent unamenable when CJ didn’t see it in 3 years?

FTFY.  I don't think Gase has any ability to measure competence.  In fact I might argue that of the three of them - Gase, Johnson, and Maccagnan - Mac is the most competent. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2019, 02:57:03 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Tags: