Author Topic: Train to Metlife stadium  (Read 3169 times)

Koz

• Chad Pennington
Train to Metlife stadium
« on: November 05, 2018, 12:24:24 PM »
Just wondering if any of you guys have tried the train as an option for a game. We are eyeing suite tix for the Pats game so we won't be tailgating, and there isn't a need to get there 3 hours before.  Thinking that because it's late in the afternoon following Thanksgiving, that traffic back to the island we be beyond brutal.  3-4 hours might be a best-case scenario.

It seems as though nobody has a problem getting there on the train, but everyone has a differing opinion on the return and long lines etc.   

Does anyone have such experience with the train? Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks!

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
Re: Train to Metlife stadium
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 12:25:45 PM »
A suite to the Pats game... freak me. Don't worry about the train you can likely just take your yacht down the swamps of the Meadowlands to the parking lot.

For what it's worth I haven't done it but have heard getting there is great, getting back is a PITA. I imagine 5000 people trying to leave on the same train line gets irritating very quickly.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 12:27:50 PM »
Just wondering if any of you guys have tried the train as an option for a game. We are eyeing suite tix for the Pats game so we won't be tailgating, and there isn't a need to get there 3 hours before.  Thinking that because it's late in the afternoon following Thanksgiving, that traffic back to the island we be beyond brutal.  3-4 hours might be a best-case scenario.

It seems as though nobody has a problem getting there on the train, but everyone has a differing opinion on the return and long lines etc.   

Does anyone have such experience with the train? Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks!

Done it a couple of times before, the little hop from Metlife to Secaucus is pretty rammed but it goes fairly quickly. Once you're at Secaucus it's fine.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 12:35:18 PM »
A suite to the Pats game... freak me. Don't worry about the train you can likely just take your yacht down the swamps of the Meadowlands to the parking lot.

For what it's worth I haven't done it but have heard getting there is great, getting back is a PITA. I imagine 5000 people trying to leave on the same train line gets irritating very quickly.
I will never turn my nose up at free suite tickets. Yacht is on blocks until kids stop playing travel sports.

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 12:36:09 PM »
Done it a couple of times before, the little hop from Metlife to Secaucus is pretty rammed but it goes fairly quickly. Once you're at Secaucus it's fine.
OK good to know.  I'm normally a fan of driving but sometimes you just need to look at the reality of the situation and just how much it would suck.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 12:39:24 PM »
I will never turn my nose up at free suite tickets. Yacht is on blocks until kids stop playing travel sports.

Enjoy the blowout
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 12:42:29 PM »
Enjoy the blowout
We are really just going for the free food and cushy seats.  It will surely be a bloodbath.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 01:28:21 PM »
I've trained to the game before. It was really easy and really smooth. However, I had a ride home from that game, so I can't vouch for that part of it.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 01:28:56 PM »
My experience was horrible when I took the train. That was the very first tailgate and the very last time I took the train to Met life.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 02:29:41 PM »
It's actually my preferred method of transportation.  The ride home can get a bit crowded but it's never too bad.  Highly recommend

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 03:34:33 PM »
I've done it every time I've been to the stadium (all 3 of them). It's been seamless every time. You have to have a little patience on the way back but nothing too serious.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 06:13:44 PM »
My personal experiences with the train have been bad but most of my reasons wouldn't apply to you.

If you aren't tailgating then there's no downside to taking the train to the stadium, besides possibly being forced to spend upwards of 10 minutes in Secaucus.

It will probably be slow going on the way home but as you said, the traffic will be brutal anyway.

One of my disadvantages is that I don't live that close to the subway but if getting to the LIRR is convenient for you, and I assume it is, then go for it.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 06:15:06 PM »
My experience was horrible when I took the train. That was the very first tailgate and the very last time I took the train to Met life.
It doesn't get there early enough to do a proper tailgate.

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 07:57:37 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the feedback!  Very much appreciated.

Chrebet86

• Eric Smith
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2018, 10:44:15 AM »
As long as it's not a night game....that gets delayed because of lightning....and the game doesn't end until after NJ Transit stops running trains and tells you to sleep on the floor cuz the next train is at 5 AM
..ITS GREAT!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Tags: