Poll

Which QB will the Jets end up taking in the draft this year, whatever pick it is or how it happens?

Sam Darnold
7 (30.4%)
Josh Rosen
12 (52.2%)
Baker Mayfield
3 (13%)
Josh Allen
1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: April 27, 2018, 03:44:50 PM

Author Topic: Which QB do the Jets draft?  (Read 34246 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Which QB do the Jets draft?
« Reply #405 on: March 25, 2020, 12:10:24 AM »
I forgot it was Darnold and Rosen all that time here. Wow.
I didn't go back and read through all my old takes, but Lamar was my guy. I loved Lamar coming out, but I thought he needed a creative coaching staff. I thought Bowles would have wasted him.

That said, I was also big on Rosen.

The jury is still out on a lot of these guys. Darnold and Allen could easily tank. Lamar is less likely, but it's not impossible. And even Rosen could potentially bounce back, though it's not likely.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #406 on: March 25, 2020, 12:19:31 AM »
Josh Rosen is a bitch
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #407 on: March 25, 2020, 01:16:00 PM »
Send him Thanos underoos and he will love you forever, like his cum stained Avengers Poster.

Hey, hey, HEY!

Slow the freak down
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #408 on: March 25, 2020, 01:20:00 PM »
i was on the 'i love sam darnold, but he's going #1 to CLE, so it's between Baker and Rosen, and Baker is a bvtch so I want Rosen' camp. But I did think Rosen was a good prospect

I am happy with how things have turned out

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #409 on: March 25, 2020, 04:05:14 PM »
I didn't know a lot about any of them pre-draft, but I did "know" Darnold was going #1, so it was a matter of who I thought we'd be best with from the rest. Rosen was who I thought would be next best.

I still can't believe we lucked into Darnold. Maccagnan was trash, but trading up early made this happen.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #410 on: March 25, 2020, 04:07:00 PM »
I didn't know a lot about any of them pre-draft, but I did "know" Darnold was going #1, so it was a matter of who I thought we'd be best with from the rest. Rosen was who I thought would be next best.

I still can't believe we lucked into Darnold. Maccagnan was trash, but trading up early made this happen.

i personally believe heimerdinger was the architect of that entire move/deal, and all maccagnan did was say 'ok'.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #411 on: March 25, 2020, 04:16:35 PM »
i was on the 'i love sam darnold, but he's going #1 to CLE, so it's between Baker and Rosen, and Baker is a bvtch so I want Rosen' camp. But I did think Rosen was a good prospect

I am happy with how things have turned out

Same but I was concerned with Rosen's concussion history so I convinced myself Baker Mayfield would be a good pick.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #412 on: March 25, 2020, 04:19:39 PM »
i personally believe heimerdinger was the architect of that entire move/deal, and all maccagnan did was say 'ok'.

I don't care at all who made it happen. I'm just glad it did.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #413 on: March 25, 2020, 04:44:45 PM »

I generally can't remember what happened in the game I watched last week never mind what happened in a draft two years ago, but I can so vividly sitting in my den in a state of shock after the Giants had picked Barkley. I was saying out loud over and over again "don't freak this up take Darnold don't freak this up take Darnold don't freak this up take Darnold don't freak this up take Darnold don't freak this up take Darnold", and terrified that Maccagnan had so convinced himself that Allen was his guy that he was going to take him anyway. When they announced the pick and it was Sam it was as much relief as it was joy.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #414 on: March 25, 2020, 04:45:47 PM »
If we hadn’t traded up early I am absolutely certain we wouldn’t have gotten Sam at the price we paid. We would have tossed in extra 1s and then some, or else we would have lost the bidding war.

Thank Gettleman for not even being willing to try and deal out of #2
Need a new one for a new board...

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #415 on: March 25, 2020, 08:47:44 PM »
I still firmly believe the Giants did the right thing taking Barkley. They needed to take one more shot with Eli. It doesn't matter how that turned out.

The Browns, on the other hand, are completely inept.