Author Topic: Week 17: Jets 20, Dolphins 7 Post Game  (Read 19539 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Week 17: Jets 20, Dolphins 7 Post Game
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2013, 10:59:38 AM »
Rookies, at least the ones that play, all seem to be improving by the end of the season. Good to hear.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2013, 11:48:32 AM »
Willie Colon tore his bicep in the Dolphins game. poor guy

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2013, 12:00:35 PM »
Willie Colon tore his bicep in the Dolphins game. poor guy

Damn. Does it need surgery?

Colon took a lot of knocks this year, but he played pretty well overall. We could certainly upgrade the position, but I wouldn't have any problem with him coming back next year.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2013, 12:11:20 PM »
I would think that is something that would be more than healed by the time camps roll around, but without knowing where the tear is, how severe, etc, it's all guesswork.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2013, 12:12:23 PM »
I would think that is something that would be more than healed by the time camps roll around, but without knowing where the tear is, how severe, etc, it's all guesswork.

We better focus on guards in the draft, just to be safe.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2013, 02:51:05 PM »
Do you let Colon go, demote Winters, or both?  Anyone OK with both starting again next year?  I'm not familiar enough with offensive line technique to know much but I'd hate to demote Winters already.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2013, 03:08:43 PM »
Do you let Colon go, demote Winters, or both?  Anyone OK with both starting again next year?  I'm not familiar enough with offensive line technique to know much but I'd hate to demote Winters already.

Lock down one guard spot, whether it's through draft or FA, and let Winters and Colon battle it out for the other one.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2013, 10:59:30 PM »

I don't know what kind of deal Willie Colon is looking for.  He was playing on a one year deal this year; would he be willing to come back under similar circumstances?  If so, I'm fine with that.  If he wants a multi-year deal, I'd prefer to spend more on a higher quality free agent.

Let's also not forget that our right tackle is a free agent.  That worries me.  Re-signing Austin Howard isn't the foregone conclusion we'd all like to believe it is.  I don't know what Idzik's intentions are in regard to Howard, but I I've heard no contract extension rumors.  For all I know, Idzik might feel that he can get comparable play from the tackle he drafted (Aboushi) or the tackle he traded for (Ijalana). 

My long opinion short: We could certainly do better than Brick-Winters-Mangold-Colon-Howard in 2014, but we could also do much, much worse. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2013, 11:07:38 PM »
For all I know, Idzik might feel that he can get comparable play from the tackle he drafted (Aboushi) or the tackle he traded for (Ijalana).

Fire Idzik.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2013, 11:33:19 PM »
Colon is coming off what would be a season ending injury and a penalty risk. Might be time to cut him loose.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:34:54 PM by CatoTheElder »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.