Author Topic: Manish Mehta - FIRED  (Read 70416 times)

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Manish Mehta - Professional Journalist
« Reply #405 on: August 04, 2020, 06:28:50 PM »
You basically admitted that you're willing to believe Manish because his rhetoric supports your own, even though it's well established that his is fuelled by a deep-seated vendetta against Gase and no other team beat writer is making these claims.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 10:39:20 PM by Andrew Ryan »

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #406 on: August 04, 2020, 06:32:01 PM »
We're honestly not far off the point at which your hatred of Manish becomes as equally dismissive a position as you seem to find mine of Gase, that your loathing of him so blinds you to the idea that he might actually be right that he could tell you that Gase has googly eyes and a slightly weird demeanour and you'd accuse him of making it up. Manish seems to have pretty much the same view as I do of Gase; he thinks he's a freaking awful head coach who should never have been hired and every day he stays here makes the team worse. I don't have a vendetta against him, I just want him fired.

The only difference between the plurality of fans who hold this view and Manish is that he has a direct line to Gase and gets to ask him the questions that we wish we could.

https://twitter.com/mmehtanydn/status/1083167880982786048?s=21

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #407 on: August 04, 2020, 06:39:43 PM »
If the morale within the locker room was as bad as Manish described, the team wouldn't have gone 6-2 down the stretch and Gase wouldn't still be employed as the head coach.

Thank you Gregg Williams. I was wrong about you. You're still a dick, but you're a dick who's really good at your job.

Most of us believe in Joe Douglas. If circumstances were truly that dire, do you genuinely believe he wouldn't have been aware of that and communicated this to the Johnsons, forcing their hand?

Whole bunch of stuff wrong there, the main bits being that you're still going on this whole idea that the players are internally revolting against Gase, that you think a first year GM would move against the owners' handpicked coach, and that you think they'd have listened.

If Gase had alienated himself from the team by midseason, they wouldn't have been able to keep that a secret and Gase likely wouldn't have made it through the season.

Please tell me the last time a coach was fired midway through his first season. (I can help you with this. It was 1978, when the 49ers fired someone called Pete McCulley. It's the only time it has ever happened.)

https://twitter.com/mmehtanydn/status/1083167880982786048?s=21

So you're saying that people changing their views based upon evidence is.... a bad thing?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #408 on: August 04, 2020, 06:40:34 PM »
My point was that Gase would not still have a job if what Manish is claiming were true
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 06:51:27 PM by Andrew Ryan »

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #409 on: August 04, 2020, 06:41:36 PM »
So you're saying that people changing their views based upon evidence is.... a bad thing?

No, I'm saying that Manish is full of excrement
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 06:47:58 PM by Andrew Ryan »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #410 on: August 04, 2020, 11:04:10 PM »
My point was that Gase would not still have a job if what Manish is claiming were true

If most of what Manish said was true this thread would probably have a different title

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #411 on: August 04, 2020, 11:22:58 PM »
I've been unimpressed with Gase ever since he was first floated as a possible HC candidate for his accomplishments as Peyton Manning's assistant. Nothing Manish writes made a significant difference to me re:Gase.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #412 on: August 05, 2020, 06:08:22 AM »
Gase is a bum
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #413 on: August 05, 2020, 10:01:32 AM »
Gase is a bum

This time would be in much better shape if both Gase and Manish were jettisoned out of the country.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #414 on: August 05, 2020, 11:16:00 AM »
Manish is on one because Gase is a “Snake” who “stabbed Mike MacCagnan in the back”

“You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

-Manish Mehta
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #415 on: August 05, 2020, 11:18:31 AM »
Mike Maccagnan stabbed himself in the front when he drafted Ardarius Stewart over Chris Godwin and Kenny Golladay. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #416 on: August 05, 2020, 11:19:38 AM »
Mike Maccagnan stabbed himself in the front when he drafted Ardarius Stewart over Chris Godwin and Kenny Golladay.
Reading this gave me AIDS
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #417 on: August 05, 2020, 11:42:50 AM »
Not sure which is worse - Stewart over Godwin/Golladay or Jace Amaro over Davante Adams/Allen Robinson/Jarvis Landry.

I knew Shaq Evans and Jalen Saunders were bad picks. I actually liked the Enunwa pick with his size/speed combo.

I actually thought Ardarius Stewart and Chad Hansen could potentially be useful. Sigh.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #418 on: August 05, 2020, 11:48:17 AM »
I erased passing on Davante Adams from my memory because he is one of my all-time favorite players. 

Thank you for ruining my day. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #419 on: August 05, 2020, 11:56:42 AM »
Not sure which is worse - Stewart over Godwin/Golladay or Jace Amaro over Davante Adams/Allen Robinson/Jarvis Landry.

I knew Shaq Evans and Jalen Saunders were bad picks. I actually liked the Enunwa pick with his size/speed combo.

I actually thought Ardarius Stewart and Chad Hansen could potentially be useful. Sigh.
Didn’t we pass on Alshon Jeffrey for Stephen Hill?

I really hope Mims is legit....because we’re bad at this.