Author Topic: Manish Mehta - FIRED  (Read 71158 times)

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Manish Mehta - Professional Journalist
« Reply #390 on: August 04, 2020, 05:12:42 PM »
Adams never criticized Gase publicly until after he wasn't offered a contract extension. By the time he was traded, he was willing to say anything and everything to get himself out of town.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #391 on: August 04, 2020, 05:14:10 PM »
CJ Mosley opted out because of Gase
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #392 on: August 04, 2020, 05:14:58 PM »
Last I checked, conversations had during exit interviews aren't publicized so if things were really as bleak as Manish described that should have come out after the season and Douglas/ownership would have no choice but to fire Gase.

That makes no sense.

Public criticism counts but not public support. Got it.

Correct, maybe you're finally starting to figure it out.

Journalists ask athletes questions about their coaches all the time. They generally do not answer with anything other than supportive platitudes because even the most stupid of people are generally smart enough to realise that there is exactly zero upside to saying anything else. This is how having a boss works, in sport as in the real world.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #393 on: August 04, 2020, 05:15:41 PM »
CJ Mosley opted out because of Gase

He certainly isn't falling over himself to play for him, is he?

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #394 on: August 04, 2020, 05:17:50 PM »
Sam Darnold opted to play because of Gase.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #395 on: August 04, 2020, 05:23:12 PM »
Sam Darnold opted to play because of Gase.

Sam Darnold opted to play because a third year QB with questions over his long term viability and a season impacted by illness last year wouldn't give a moment's consideration to not doing.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #396 on: August 04, 2020, 05:34:31 PM »
That makes no sense.

Players have exit interviews with the front office following the season. The contents of these interviews are not made public so players are able to express their view of the direction of the team (i.e. the head coach) without fear of it making it into the press. If the situation was really as dire as Manish describes, this more than likely would have been identified during these interviews (if not well beforehand) and resulted in Douglas/ownership having no choice but to fire Gase.

Furthermore, if any part of what Manish has said is true, he wouldn't be the only one saying it. We know Manish has a vendetta against Gase. This has existed at least as far back as when Gase fired Manish's sources within the clubhouse following his ouster of Maccagnan (something Manish guaranteed wouldn't happen) and assumption of his duties. This was further evidenced by Manish's hostile line of questioning during Gase's press conferences and his apparent creation of a burner Twitter account meant to further discredit Gase.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 06:07:55 PM by Andrew Ryan »

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #397 on: August 04, 2020, 05:35:51 PM »
Correct, maybe you're finally starting to figure it out.

Journalists ask athletes questions about their coaches all the time. They generally do not answer with anything other than supportive platitudes because even the most stupid of people are generally smart enough to realise that there is exactly zero upside to saying anything else. This is how having a boss works, in sport as in the real world.

There's a difference between not saying anything negative about a coach and voluntarily offering praise for that coach. What Jordan Jenkins said about Gase is relevant because he's widely considered a leader for this team.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #398 on: August 04, 2020, 05:37:27 PM »
It's a mistake to assume that there will only be one opinion of Gase in the locker room.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #399 on: August 04, 2020, 05:51:37 PM »
It's a mistake to assume that there will only be one opinion of Gase in the locker room.
Exactly. I'm sure some players love him, some like him, some tolerate him, and some don't like him. Adams didn't like Gase, but he loved Gregg Williams, and Gase pretty much made him the coach of the defense.

Gase's future comes down to how well Darnold and the offense develop.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #400 on: August 04, 2020, 05:57:29 PM »
Gase may or may not be gone following this season. Until the season starts, the constant back and forth on whether or not he's a viable coach is pointless. Ultimately, the proof will be in the results.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #401 on: August 04, 2020, 06:01:36 PM »
even Dowell Loggains doesn’t like Gase
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #402 on: August 04, 2020, 06:15:14 PM »
Players have exit interviews with the front office following the season. The contents of these interviews are not made public so players are able to express their view of the direction of the team (i.e. the head coach) without fear of it making it into the press. If the situation was really as dire as Manish describes, this more than likely would have been identified during these interviews (if not well beforehand) and resulted in Douglas/ownership having no choice but to fire Gase.

I am aware of what exit interviews are. I'm curious as to your rationale that the Johnsons would have fired Gase after one season off the back of a few bad ones.

I'm also of the view that we have very few players who are good enough to have their NFL future assured, certainly at their current level of pay, and even in the supposedly closed environment of an exit interview it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were at least measured in their words.

Furthermore, if any part of what Manish has said is true, he wouldn't be the only one saying it. We know Manish has a vendetta against Gase. This has existed at least as far back as when Gase fired Manish's sources within the clubhouse following his ouster of Maccagnan (something Manish guaranteed wouldn't happen) and assumption of his duties. This was further evidenced by Manish's hostile line of questioning during Gase's press conferences and his apparent creation of a burner Twitter account meant to further discredit Gase.

We're honestly not far off the point at which your hatred of Manish becomes as equally dismissive a position as you seem to find mine of Gase, that your loathing of him so blinds you to the idea that he might actually be right that he could tell you that Gase has googly eyes and a slightly weird demeanour and you'd accuse him of making it up. Manish seems to have pretty much the same view as I do of Gase; he thinks he's a freaking awful head coach who should never have been hired and every day he stays here makes the team worse. I don't have a vendetta against him, I just want him fired.

The only difference between the plurality of fans who hold this view and Manish is that he has a direct line to Gase and gets to ask him the questions that we wish we could.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #403 on: August 04, 2020, 06:22:11 PM »
If the morale within the locker room was as bad as Manish described, the team wouldn't have gone 6-2 down the stretch and Gase wouldn't still be employed as the head coach.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #404 on: August 04, 2020, 06:25:12 PM »
Most of us believe in Joe Douglas. If circumstances were truly that dire, do you genuinely believe he wouldn't have been aware of that and communicated this to the Johnsons, forcing their hand?