Author Topic: Manish Mehta - FIRED  (Read 71092 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Manish Mehta - FIRED
« Reply #765 on: December 10, 2020, 05:48:41 PM »
The biggest Jets win in site history
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #766 on: December 10, 2020, 06:20:58 PM »
I find it funny how long the NYDN first said nothing after he lost his credentials and secondly how long he was just in limbo while they decided what to do with the nut job.
Need a new one for a new board...

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #767 on: December 10, 2020, 06:24:49 PM »
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/10/new-york-daily-news-abruptly-withdraws-manish-mehta-from-the-jets-beat/

Interesting... they are suggesting that the Washington Post is working on story about this situation and the NYDN got wind of it and preemptively fired Mehta before the story drops.

I hope the post is writing a story because I’d love to know as many nitty gritty details as possible since it’s almost the only enjoyment we’ve had all freaking season

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #768 on: December 10, 2020, 07:29:17 PM »
2 years is plenty of time for the new coach to show his own derriere the door.
Jets fans will be calling for his head by week 2 2019

Unrelated but

I was off by -2 weeks
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #769 on: December 10, 2020, 07:32:07 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #770 on: December 10, 2020, 07:35:01 PM »
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/10/new-york-daily-news-abruptly-withdraws-manish-mehta-from-the-jets-beat/

Interesting... they are suggesting that the Washington Post is working on story about this situation and the NYDN got wind of it and preemptively fired Mehta before the story drops.

I hope the post is writing a story because I’d love to know as many nitty gritty details as possible since it’s almost the only enjoyment we’ve had all freaking season

Why would WaPo write that story? What percentage of their readership would actually care?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #771 on: December 10, 2020, 07:44:56 PM »
Why would WaPo write that story? What percentage of their readership would actually care?
The Daily News is one of the biggest papers in America and Manish is one of the best known beat reporters for a New York franchise in the most popular sport in the nation.

Manish made a ton of enemies and I'm sure people would love to talk. And many of the rumors are salacious enough to be interesting to the general public.

It seems obvious why this would be a bigger story if any of the other rumors and tweets are true.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #772 on: December 10, 2020, 07:50:37 PM »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #773 on: December 10, 2020, 07:51:44 PM »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #774 on: December 10, 2020, 08:07:20 PM »

I’m fairly confident Duff was his source so Manish wanted to ensure he stayed in place with that article/statement I’m sure

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #775 on: December 10, 2020, 08:16:50 PM »
The Daily News is one of the biggest papers in America and Manish is one of the best known beat reporters for a New York franchise in the most popular sport in the nation.

Manish made a ton of enemies and I'm sure people would love to talk. And many of the rumors are salacious enough to be interesting to the general public.

It seems obvious why this would be a bigger story if any of the other rumors and tweets are true.

But he writes about the Jets. The paper might have a relatively large circulation, but the only people who read Jets beat stories are Jets fans. No one else cares.

The rumours are not salacious, unless I'm missing something. The worst one I've heard is that he texted Douglas saying he was watching his kid eat ice cream, which is very weird and worthy of getting his credentials pulled and thus fired, but not IMO a story that has any interest beyond what it has already had.

It seems far more likely that the NYDN just ditched him because a beat writer without credentials is next to useless, and his click value is outweighed by the criticism that is now aimed at the paper. I don't buy the WaPo thing, it sounds like Florio grinding his axe in the context of an overinflated view of the importance of what he and his peers - including Mehta - actually do.

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #776 on: December 10, 2020, 08:23:23 PM »
If the rumors of him bullying and treating women reporters like excrement are true, I can 100% see WaPo write this article.

That's a huge shot at a dude disliked pretty universally across the business, and at a competitor in online clicks.

Sent from fire adam gase.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #777 on: December 10, 2020, 08:28:39 PM »
If the rumors of him bullying and treating women reporters like excrement are true, I can 100% see WaPo write this article.

That's a huge shot at a dude disliked pretty universally across the business, and at a competitor in online clicks.

I hadn't heard about that.

I don't think WaPo and NYDN are competing for the same clicks though.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #778 on: December 10, 2020, 09:02:49 PM »
I hadn't heard about that.

Yes, you did hear about it but you chose to ignore it because you claimed the person tweeting about it wasn’t credible.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 09:05:00 PM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #779 on: December 10, 2020, 09:09:36 PM »
Yes, you did hear about it but you chose to ignore it because you claimed the person tweeting about it wasn’t credible.

Right. The woman I've never heard of. I remember.