Author Topic: Manish Mehta - FIRED  (Read 71123 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: The Manish Thread
« Reply #345 on: June 25, 2020, 11:38:27 PM »
Manish got his own thread?

terrible.
What the freak is this excrement?
Manish had 6 other threads on this forum before I started this one. Either Badger goes nazi on me or the peanut gallery complains, I really don’t give a freak at this point

14 pages of top notch Jets content
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Manish Mehta - Professional Journalist
« Reply #346 on: June 25, 2020, 11:47:13 PM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #347 on: July 31, 2020, 08:35:16 AM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #348 on: July 31, 2020, 08:50:13 AM »
Jets should trade for Yannick Ngakoue

https://sports.yahoo.com/manish-mehta-jets-trade-jaguars-093200577.html

I'd rather give the same money to Clowney and keep the pick. More versatile player, less of a dickhead.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #349 on: July 31, 2020, 08:52:10 AM »
I'd rather give the same money to Clowney and keep the pick. More versatile player, less of a dickhead.

Clowney is more injury prone
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #350 on: July 31, 2020, 09:03:21 AM »

How is Clowney less of a dickhead?  He's been threatening to holdout since his sophomore year of college.  All he cares about is money.

Ngakoue is the better pass rusher, but I do agree that giving up picks + cash is less desirable. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #351 on: July 31, 2020, 09:04:20 AM »
Clowney would make our run defense one of the best in NFL.  I think a stronger pass rusher like Ngakoue is clearly the bigger need, especially with how weak our secondary could be. 

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #352 on: July 31, 2020, 09:06:59 AM »
I wouldn't want to give up a draft pick for the right to pay Ngakoue $17 million this year and no guarantee he'd sign back.  I'd be against it for the price alone because I don't know he's worth that much, but I might be able to get on board if Doug could get him for a non-1st rounder seeing that we can't sign him to an extension this year.

There is a level of risk that shouldn’t be marginalized though. NFL rules prevent the Jets from signing Ngakoue to a long-term extension this year. So, Douglas would be banking that the player would believe enough in the franchise (and Williams) to want to stick around beyond 2020.

Both of these guys are gonna cost north of $15 million this year and we aren't in the spot to do that now.  Smoke and mirrors pass rush for one more year.  Big Doug got us the first round OL we've been begging for for a decade.  2021 will be the pass rusher.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 09:13:52 AM by bojanglesman »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #353 on: July 31, 2020, 09:13:16 AM »
How is Clowney less of a dickhead?  He's been threatening to holdout since his sophomore year of college.  All he cares about is money.

Ngakoue is the better pass rusher, but I do agree that giving up picks + cash is less desirable. 

Lots of players only care about money, it's easy to manage someone who's coin operated because you know what you have to do to get what you want. It becomes a simple financial consideration.

Clowney has never to my knowledge taken to Twitter to argue with the team owners. I would have thought we'd had enough of that by now.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #354 on: July 31, 2020, 09:13:46 AM »
The only way you'd trade for Ngakoue is if he agrees to an extension as part of the deal

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #355 on: July 31, 2020, 09:14:02 AM »
The only way you'd trade for Ngakoue is if he agrees to an extension as part of the deal

He can't.

There is a level of risk that shouldn’t be marginalized though. NFL rules prevent the Jets from signing Ngakoue to a long-term extension this year. So, Douglas would be banking that the player would believe enough in the franchise (and Williams) to want to stick around beyond 2020.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #356 on: July 31, 2020, 09:19:26 AM »
Yeah, that's a stupid derriere rule and should completely take any pick higher than a 3rd off the table in trade talks.

Jacksonville has no leverage right now. 

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #357 on: July 31, 2020, 09:24:32 AM »
Yeah, that's a stupid derriere rule and should completely take any pick higher than a 3rd off the table in trade talks.

Jacksonville has no leverage right now. 

Yeah, I think they are just gonna try to out stubborn him and either make him play or hold out.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #358 on: July 31, 2020, 09:30:03 AM »
Yeah, I think they are just gonna try to out stubborn him and either make him play or hold out.

He already went back and forth with their owner on Twitter.  Surprised they still have him and haven't shipped him out yet.  They are one of the few franchises in the NFL more inept than us. 

Hopefully they just decide to get something for him and ship him out for a 3rd and a 5th like the Leonard Williams deal. 

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #359 on: July 31, 2020, 10:37:56 AM »
He already went back and forth with their owner on Twitter.  Surprised they still have him and haven't shipped him out yet.  They are one of the few franchises in the NFL more inept than us. 

Hopefully they just decide to get something for him and ship him out for a 3rd and a 5th like the Leonard Williams deal. 

I'd give up a 3rd and 5th for Yannick