Author Topic: Craft beer  (Read 117796 times)

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
Re: Craft beer
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 09:30:37 PM »
Green Flash Double Stout. yum.

If we do the away tailgate, we should do some brewery tourism @ Green flash, Stone and Ballast Point breweries

OH....Founders Breakfast Stout (imperial stout). One of the best beers i've ever had. Not surprised when i looked afterwards and noticed it was a top 15 on beeradvocate

it's literally perfect
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 09:32:13 PM by JFIF »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 09:38:38 PM »
Took you long enough to have the breakfast stout.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 09:39:42 PM »
Took you long enough to have the breakfast stout.

Founders didn't have distribution in Florida (at least South Florida for certain) till about 2-3 weeks ago.

Every single craft beer bar i go to has had a Founders tap night in the past couple of weeks. Founders and New Belgium have been marketing hard lately because they finally got distribution in the state. lots of gay laws in Florida regarding beer distribution

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013, 09:40:31 PM »
NO EXCUSES

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 09:57:58 PM »

If we do the away tailgate, we should do some brewery tourism @ Green flash, Stone and Ballast Point breweries

OH....Founders Breakfast Stout (imperial stout). One of the best beers i've ever had. Not surprised when i looked afterwards and noticed it was a top 15 on beeradvocate

it's literally perfect
2 old derriere standbys for me. 2 of my favorite beers.
Well, Founders has the Breakfast Stout and an Imperial Stout. I prefer the BS but the imperial is like 10.5% and good. So get that excrement too.

Get your hands on the Speedway and the RIS Stone Espresso, you won't be let down.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:01:52 PM by guinness77 »

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 09:59:06 PM »
Founders is one of the best. Thanks, Puck. Wore that bad boy for the 1st time on Wednesday.

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2013, 01:25:08 PM »

it's literally perfect
[/quot

it's literally perfect
e]

Founders Breaky, great stuff- good to know that great beers get universal approval
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2013, 08:07:06 PM »
Enjoying one of my Southern Tier 2X Stouts.

Not sure if I like it was much as the Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro, but it's good.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 08:08:53 PM by Badger »

Hemi

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2013, 03:38:35 PM »
Raging Bitch by Flying dog. Pretty damn good.
Ryan Dungey #5 KTM
2015 AMA Supercross Champion
2015 AMA Motocross Champion

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2013, 10:35:31 AM »
Hmm...what have I had lately?

Lil B by Evil Twin (11.5% imperial porter), Stone Enjoy By 11.12.13, Another One by Maine Brewing Co. (Delicious IPA), Green Bullet by Green Flash (10.1% triple IPA), Speedway Stout by AleSmith, Breakfast Stout by Founders, and a good ol fashioned Anchor Porter, still a winner.
Had the Long Ireland IPA last night. Not bad for a local brewery.

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2013, 09:53:30 AM »
Saturday! Thank all that is sacred.

I've fell back on my old standby today- Morlands "Old Speckled Hen"- robust ale with an nice edge to finish. Anyone have this in the States?

Italian night tonight for dinner so observing authenticity- Peroni- great lager.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2013, 10:10:31 AM »
I've had Old Speckled Hen, it's not too uncommon out here.

Funny you mention Peroni in that context, the only time I ever drink it either is with Italian food.

Neither is really a craft beer though, Old Speckled Hen is owned by Greene King Brewery and Peroni is owned by SABMiller.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:12:13 AM by Badger »

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2013, 10:40:51 AM »
I've had Old Speckled Hen, it's not too uncommon out here.

Funny you mention Peroni in that context, the only time I ever drink it either is with Italian food.

Neither is really a craft beer though, Old Speckled Hen is owned by Greene King Brewery and Peroni is owned by SABMiller.

This is surely true but all beer starts out as a craft beer.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2013, 05:20:32 PM »
You guys are making me miss Belgium.  Only place I've had a great tasting beer that knocked my derriere out.

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2013, 09:51:22 AM »
http://standrewsbrewingcompany.com/

I am stretched very thin just now at work but am determined to keep this subject up on page 1.

Bought a small selection of these great local craft brews to to give them a whirl and holly freak nice stuff.

Determined young entrepreneur Bob Phahf  heads up this beer farm and he is going to be big news in time. 

Neuk Ale- tasty stuff, a lovely nice dark ale but not too strong so you can probably enjoy a few of these in a sitting. I picked up chocolate and a wee cinnamon aftertaste, this is going to be a huge seller in time.

Crail Ale- very refreshing, lots of fruit with a unusual earthy herby finish. Would love to have this at a barbecue or in the the heat of summer.

When you assholes finally succumb and visit me for the London game which is coming in the next 5 years I'm going to take you out to this cutting edge brewery for a tasting experience.