Author Topic: Twitter alternative?  (Read 351 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Twitter alternative?
« on: February 11, 2023, 10:10:50 AM »
I like Twitter when it comes to up to the second news in the world, NFL etc.  I'm fully aware that it sometimes requires the ability to sift out bullshit, dumbasses, and things that aren't true.

However, over the past few months it has gone into the toilet. Who I follow is fine because that's straight forward. I've always liked the "for you" tab under search that puts together who I follow, things I search, and curates a list of new topics and tweets that fit my interests.  It would always give you trending topics and breaking news about things you liked.  It used to be fairly accurate with an occasional topic that was stupid.  Now 75% is conspiracy theories, far right wing nut jobs, and flat out dumb excrement.  I don't search or follow any of this excrement on Twitter, but it rains down on my suggestions.  I'm not saying that I'm trying to avoid reading anything right of center, but it seems to have gotten skewed to psychos since Musk took over. 

I'm not trying to make some political statement here.  I know there are weirdos on all sides, but it has become useless and it really is skewed to tin foil hat topics on the right side.  I've gone into the settings and unchecked all the stupid topics it thinks I'm interested in, just left the Jets box checked, but it does no good.  It's still mostly Hunter Biden laptop/Epstein/Marjorie/Biden worships Satan/Charlie Kirk/Tuckerwuzright, etc. with an occasional freaking Kpop reference clouding out the one mention of Sauce.

It could just as easily be far left wing/BLM excrement and I'd have the same complaint.  Maybe the world suddenly became retarded over the past few months and Twitter is just a mirror.

Anyone have a decent alternative?  I tried Mastodon, but it kinda sucks so far.  I'm sure I'm probably just going to be left with scraping away all the psycho Twitter people and dealing with it, but still.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 10:17:39 AM by bojanglesman »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Twitter alternative?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 10:17:38 AM »
Spoutible is the one I've heard talked about recently, but I haven't tried it. I don't use Twitter so I haven't really looked for an alternative.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 10:25:35 AM »
Spoutible is the one I've heard talked about recently, but I haven't tried it. I don't use Twitter so I haven't really looked for an alternative.
But how do you find out the possibly bullshit results of the MRI of the high ankle sprain of our 3rd backup long snapper within 5 seconds of him actually being told by his doctor? 

Yes I have a problem.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 10:51:09 AM »
Unfortunately, Twitter is the go-to until it isn't.  Like you, i rely on it for up-to-date sports news.

Until all sports media gets off twitter and starts to use a different platform, i think you're stuck with it.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 06:11:45 PM by delavan »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2023, 01:03:38 PM »

I'm on it. It's existed for like 2 days. There isn't much there yet.

Hive was a popular option until it got overrun and they shut down after a bunch of white hats exposed a shitload of server vulnerabilities.

Mastodon is just confusing.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2023, 01:36:56 PM »

Mastodon is just confusing.

Tried to figure it out a few years back and gave up.

Tags: