Author Topic: Craft beer  (Read 117066 times)

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
Craft beer
« on: October 05, 2013, 11:51:10 AM »
You best believe I'm starting this bad boy.

Just got a 6 of the Schlafly pumpkin ale which is supposed to be top notch in terms of pumpkin beer. Gonna wash that down with a bomber of the Biscotti Break which is an imperial stout made by Evil Twin. 11.5%, should be no joke.

They've had the Stone Russian Imperial Stout Espresso on tap at my local distro. Kinda pricey but freaking delicious.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 06:44:57 PM by Badger »

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
Re: Craft beer thread
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 01:21:23 PM »
Just finished one of my favorite ales Jennings "Sneck Lifter". Sounds pretty obscene but it's a great hearty ale, 5.1, full of complex flavors, a lovely toffee finish. You guys seem to get the full gamut of ales available here in the UK so I'm going to post more often on my favorite subject.

Keep your eyes open for this one.
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 01:53:38 PM »
Just finished one of my favorite ales Jennings "Sneck Lifter". Sounds pretty obscene but it's a great hearty ale, 5.1, full of complex flavors, a lovely toffee finish. You guys seem to get the full gamut of ales available here in the UK so I'm going to post more often on my favorite subject.

I just watched Brew Dogs on the new Esquire Network. Interesting show. It stars the 2 guys who run BrewDog Brewery in Scotland. I'd like to drink their beer, it sounds very intriguing. Sent you a PM, btw, Jim.

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 02:20:44 PM »

I just watched Brew Dogs on the new Esquire Network. Interesting show. It stars the 2 guys who run BrewDog Brewery in Scotland. I'd like to drink their beer, it sounds very intriguing. Sent you a PM, btw, Jim.

Brew Dogs- tried this and it really is moving craft beer in to new market with an accent on food pairings etc. The mix Tape 8 is ridiculously priced, around 20 bucs a bottle but complex is an understatement, brewed in Belgium and in Scotland in oak whiskey barrels- bloody heady stuff! Also marvelous!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 07:18:42 PM »
Gotta get my hands on some Shipyard Pumpkinhead.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 02:19:51 AM »
I love beer.  But I have no clue what the big deal is with these pumpkin brews...

Obligatory Kunstmann reference.  Torobayo for life bitches.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 11:08:23 AM »
Pumpkin beers give me headaches/migraines. I have no idea why. Must be a trigger.

some are just way too strong with the spices...I tried PumKing by Southern Tier. it was good for 3 sips and then i had to pour the rest of the bomber out

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
Re: Craft beer
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 07:53:48 PM »
I had AleSmith Speedway stout on tap today. I had the Southern Tier Warlock on Monday also on tap, a pumpkin stout. Yum to both, but, Christ, the Speedway stout was the funbags.
I also had the Barrier Saazsquash which is a butternut squash ale. Very interesting, very good.
Drinking the Heavy Seas Holy Sheet, a dubbel of sorts, out of the growler. Not bad, not great.

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 03:29:50 PM »
Read this fucker of a quote:

This beer was incredible. It smelled like an alcoholic’s breakfast (marmite and honey on burnt toast with whiskey) and it tasted like a rich guy's office.

Wow. This is "Ola Dubh 18" from Harviestoun Brewery in Clackmannanshire in Scotland.

http://harviestoun.com/

Lovely Karen comes home tonight knowing I'm going through a treacly, choco phase in beer and hits me with this naughty boy.
Available in the states so get your order in. Lovely and potent stuff!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 03:35:15 PM »
I had to look up treacly. 

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 03:37:45 PM »

Oh good what the freak does it mean?

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 03:41:58 PM »

It's 9.30pm here Jim, all I know is it's ace and makes you feel all fuzzy like a late Christmas afternoon when you are waiting on dinner and have had a few sneaky sherbets and a handful of chocolates whilst waiting on the turkey getting carved.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 03:50:17 PM »
Read this fucker of a quote:

This beer was incredible. It smelled like an alcoholic’s breakfast (marmite and honey on burnt toast with whiskey) and it tasted like a rich guy's office.

Wow. This is "Ola Dubh 18" from Harviestoun Brewery in Clackmannanshire in Scotland.

http://harviestoun.com/

Lovely Karen comes home tonight knowing I'm going through a treacly, choco phase in beer and hits me with this naughty boy.
Available in the states so get your order in. Lovely and potent stuff!
After browsing their site I am now en route to the airport, see you in 8 hours.

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 05:19:59 PM »
After browsing their site I am now en route to the airport, see you in 8 hours.

Best pick you up, we drive on the wrong side of the road.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 05:32:28 PM »
Just had my first Victory Dirtwolf. Wow. Brand new DIPA, holy excrement this is tasty. 4 pack for 10.99 at 8.7% very nice.