Author Topic: 2014 Free Agent Discussion  (Read 3387 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
2014 Free Agent Discussion
« on: December 26, 2013, 03:59:31 PM »
With most teams seasons ending in the next week or two, ive been wondering where some of the major players could land.

Lately ive been wondering where Chris Johnsons future will be with his Titans career almost certain to end this sunday

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: 2014 Free Agent Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 04:19:45 PM »
With most teams seasons ending in the next week or two, ive been wondering where some of the major players could land.

Lately ive been wondering where Chris Johnsons future will be with his Titans career almost certain to end this sunday

I'd love to see him be a commentator on ESPN just to see him freak up that channel by being flat out stupid.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 04:21:39 PM »

New England, where he returns to CJ2K form.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 04:25:24 PM »
New England, where he returns to CJ2K form.

They dont got that kind of money

If Miami wasnt pretty ugly cap wise I could definitely see them being interested with Bush gone.

Im not really sure how their cap situation looks, but I think theyd be the best fit of teams in the AFCE for him.

I wouldnt expect him to command elite money at this point either

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 04:42:48 PM »
Guys I would love to see hit the market,

T.J. Ward and Jeremy Maclin

Those guys have a chance to earn lots of money on the market. Also they would look great in Green and White.
Need a new one for a new board...

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 11:24:24 AM »
@APMarkLong:
2013-12-31 14:30:01 UTC
Caldwell says plan is to let @Jones_Drew32 test free agency and then see if they want to match the contract offer to keep him

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 11:36:25 AM »
I think we're good at RB. I'd rather see our money spent elsewhere.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 11:38:42 AM »

Which is why I posted it in here and not the FA thread in the Jets forum.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 11:43:17 AM »

I don't think we're good at HB with teo injury prone backs on the roster but I'm not too interested in MJD's husk.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 01:53:55 PM »
According to the Arizona Republic, Larry Fitzgerald is not open to a pay cut.
Fitzgerald is owed $12.7 million in 2014 and is set to count $18 million against the salary cap. The Cardinals are expected to engage their future Hall of Famer in restructuring negotiations shortly, but things could get hairy if Fitzgerald takes a hard line. We'll have to see if the Cardinals feel converting salary into a bonus paid over the next few years will be enough. Earlier this year, there were whispers that the Cardinals could try to trade Fitzgerald during the offseason.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/281268/report-larry-fitzgerald-not-open-to-pay-cut

So, erm, how close exactly is the relationship between Graves and Fitz

@LarryFitzgerald
#Congrats my friend!! New York Jets add ex-Arizona Cardinals GM Rod Graves to front office

Maybe they kept in touch...

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 04:02:39 PM »
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/281268/report-larry-fitzgerald-not-open-to-pay-cut

So, erm, how close exactly is the relationship between Graves and Fitz

Maybe they kept in touch...

That contract would need to be reworked for us too. We can't afford to pay Larry 15 million dollars in 2015 and 2016 he won't be worth it at that point.

But by golly wouldn't it be fun to trot out Larry Fitzgerald, and Jimmy Graham next season....
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 04:10:47 PM »
Why would an elite receiver on the downswing of his career with tens or even hundreds of millions of dollars in the bank already and still looking for a ring want to come to a team with a highly questionable offense and an uninspiring second year quarterback?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 04:59:49 PM »
Why would an elite receiver on the downswing of his career with tens or even hundreds of millions of dollars in the bank already and still looking for a ring want to come to a team with a highly questionable offense and an uninspiring second year quarterback?

I never thought, still dont think Fitz ending up here is likely at all.

But Mr.E mentioned a potential trade for him as something that would be great for this franchise, and right now things with Fitz in Arizona dont seem great atm. Plus Idzik's most trusted advisor has a good relationship with him so its worth looking at.

Especially with not much else going on
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 05:04:30 PM by dcm1602 »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 07:55:59 PM »

No answer for the QB question but if they can sell him on being a major part of the rebuild and he's willing to sit through one year of being only mildly competitive then it could be possible. I don't think it is at all likely, however. I also don't want to pay what he will cost.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 07:44:44 AM »
Fitz is a great WR but it would be insane for the Jets to pay him 13 mill a year with the roster as currently constructed. Plus he is on the downside, so nfw, let him go somewhere else.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Tags: