Author Topic: 2018 MLB Thread  (Read 63379 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
2018 MLB Thread
« on: December 11, 2017, 07:31:56 AM »
Press conference scheduled for 2 PM today

Winter meetings open up today.  Can't wait to see the Jays sit on their thumbs again.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 09:49:55 AM by Johnny English »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Re: The OFFICIAL 2018 New York Yankees Offseason Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 09:08:38 AM »
Press conference scheduled for 2 PM today

Day off today so I can masturbate without making anyone uncomfortable
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 09:09:59 AM »
Winter meetings open up today.  Can't wait to see the Jays sit on their thumbs again.

If the jays are truly gonna rebuild/reload, they should trade Donaldson before he hits FA next year.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 09:12:00 AM »
If the jays are truly gonna rebuild/reload, they should trade Donaldson before he hits FA next year.

totally agree.  Sadly, Atkins thinks our window hasn't closed yet (stupid freak)....so he'll probably do something stupid.

I'm prepared for some lean years.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 09:15:04 AM »

There's already quite a bit of talk about that up here. I'm inclined to agree, it's a good way to jump start the rebuild - we're stuck with Tulo and Martin's $35M+ because no one is taking on those albatrosses, but if we could turn Donaldson into a starter and a couple of really good prospects then we probably should.

There's also talk of Rogers looking at selling the team which complicates things, and on top of all that the Skydome is starting to show its age and they're going to have to start planning its replacement soon.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 09:16:30 AM »
There's already quite a bit of talk about that up here. I'm inclined to agree, it's a good way to jump start the rebuild - we're stuck with Tulo and Martin's $35M+ because no one is taking on those albatrosses, but if we could turn Donaldson into a starter and a couple of really good prospects then we probably should.

There's also talk of Rogers looking at selling the team which complicates things, and on top of all that the Skydome is starting to show its age and they're going to have to start planning its replacement soon.

This will have a direct correlation on FAs signing here or not.  Nobody wants to commit to a team if there's a big question mark at the top of the mountain.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 09:18:24 AM »
This will have a direct correlation on FAs signing here or not.  Nobody wants to commit to a team if there's a big question mark at the top of the mountain.

For sure, but it will also impact thinking about existing contracts - Rogers will find it easier to sell for a higher price if the roster isn't bogged down with a ton of expensive veterans.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 09:19:45 AM »
For sure, but it will also impact thinking about existing contracts - Rogers will find it easier to sell for a higher price if the roster isn't bogged down with a ton of expensive veterans.

I hope they sell, tbh. To an owner with deep pockets committed to building a winner that isn't a conglomerate like Rogers. 

The quicker the better.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 09:21:01 AM »
I hope they sell, tbh. To an owner with deep pockets committed to building a winner that isn't a conglomerate like Rogers. 

The quicker the better.

Plus we can throw that freaking statue in the lake.

I honestly don't know who would be interested in buying the team, but I'm not at all worried about it. We must be one of the most valuable franchises in the league simply because of the size of the market.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 09:23:58 AM »
Plus we can throw that freaking statue in the lake.

I honestly don't know who would be interested in buying the team, but I'm not at all worried about it. We must be one of the most valuable franchises in the league simply because of the size of the market.

the potential is there for this franchise to be successful and profitable, because of reasons you just stated (size of market, fan interest).  I'd like to think there are some rich folks in the Toronto area with the kind of capital to purchase the Jays.

I'm not really worried about it, if they can get a quick sale.  If they drag this excrement out, it could affect how the Jays front office do their business.  I already put up with free agents not wanting to play for my NHL franchise...it would suck if my baseball team had to put up with the same excrement.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 09:25:32 AM by MBGreen »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 09:27:25 AM »
I suppose we hijacked this thread.

We can continue lamenting in the mlb thread.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 09:30:07 AM »
Have either of you guys heard the timeline on Vlad Jr? I would be timing the rebuild around him. He’s a potential cornerstone, franchise player. I think Bichette is a little farther off. if they shed the old players with expensive contracts they should be fine in a year or two.

Also that guy Teoscar Hernandez (Liriano trade?) looked like an absolute stud in limited time at the end of the season.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2017, 09:42:30 AM »
Have either of you guys heard the timeline on Vlad Jr? I would be timing the rebuild around him. He’s a potential cornerstone, franchise player. I think Bichette is a little farther off. if they shed the old players with expensive contracts they should be fine in a year or two.

Also that guy Teoscar Hernandez (Liriano trade?) looked like an absolute stud in limited time at the end of the season.

Vlad and Bichette are at least 2 years away yet.

Hernandez looked great in limited action.  Getting him for Liriano was a steal.  Hopefully that translates for an entire season....we'll see.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
Re: 2018 MLB Thread
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2017, 09:50:29 AM »
I suppose we hijacked this thread.

We can continue lamenting in the mlb thread.

Seemed like a good opportunity to kick off the new season thread.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
Re: 2018 MLB Thread
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2017, 09:55:41 AM »
Seemed like a good opportunity to kick off the new season thread.

good work

Tags: