Author Topic: Jerry Jones is my spirit animal  (Read 13775 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Jerry Jones is my spirit animal
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2020, 10:29:28 PM »
That dude's been a mess.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2020, 08:31:56 AM »
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was rather blunt in discussing why the team released Poe, who was a free agent addition to the team last March.

“When you’re 30 pounds overweight and you’re not doing anything about what’s keeping you from performing well on the field, there is no reason to get into the other stuff,” Jones said, via Chris Mortensen of ESPN.com.

The “other stuff” refers to Poe being the only Cowboys player that kneels in protest during the national anthem before games. It’s a practice that Jones had been vocally outspoken against in the past. Jones declined to speak on that subject in regards to Poe’s release.

“I understand your question and I’m deliberately not going to answer it,” Jones replied. “We have a platform here but the platform on the football field has a high standard, and he [Poe] was not up to the standard. He needed to correct that and he did not. I’m going to leave it at that.”

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2020, 08:40:10 AM »
Not sure why these quotes aren’t in this thread so I’ll add them for the historical record:

Jerry Jones on his new helicopter: "You can shoot out of it. You can shoot pigs out of it. You can do a lot of things in this helicopter."

On if he would go out and get a top pass rusher...

Jones: If I have a chance to bring one of these premiere pass rushers, one of these war daddies that takes two to block, if I have a chance to get a player like that - I would...it's not a question of that. It's a question of where is he? And who gives him up if he's a veteran, or where is he in the draft, or where is he anywhere? So, yeah we do need pressure. We're going to try to do something about it.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who spoke about the possibility of injured quarterback Tony Romo going on injured reserve (via the Star-Telegram) during a radio show:

“I don’t want to rule out anything. I don’t know that anybody is qualified to do that. Medicine basically gives you estimates and guidelines, and I’m not trying to be vague here, but there’s no need to rule out anything. We don’t have a situation on the 53, this isn’t an active roster day-game situation. He won’t be active, and we don’t have anybody valuable enough to take up that last spot to give us the opportunity to see how he does. There’s just not enough value there realistically to bring someone else in. That’s the deciding factor.

“You don’t have to spend a lot of time going over and kind of circumcising the mosquito. You don’t have to do that over there on him because you look back over on the other side that caused you to make the decision, and there’s nobody good enough to take that spot to give you a chance for that if he can come back.”

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2020, 08:47:21 AM »
Jerry Jones on his new helicopter: "You can shoot out of it. You can shoot pigs out of it. You can do a lot of things in this helicopter."

Jerry Jones outed as BLM supporter
A cross-dressing limey poofter

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2020, 08:50:56 AM »
Re: Tony Romo’s ability to broadcast a play before it happens:

“Not about the game, but I had a great conversation with him one night about the breads that are served before dinner at various restaurants and how you can tell a lot about the restaurant based upon the bread," Jones said.

See thread title.

Bump

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2020, 10:16:12 AM »
Jerry Jones outed as BLM supporter
Helicopters can also be an anticommunist dog whistle so clearly Jerruh is a radical centrist

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2020, 11:27:44 AM »
Helicopters can also be an anticommunist dog whistle so clearly Jerruh is a radical centrist

MB's favorite food:  the whistle dog
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2021, 10:53:55 AM »
Jerry Jones of the Dallas Cowboys took the floor: "Look, my daddy grew up on a farm in southwest Missouri. Every so often in the spring, the wind would come from a different part of the country, and the moon would set a different way, and the owls would start f---ing the chickens."

Nobody knew where he was going with this story.

"The owls are f---ing the chickens," Jones continued. "It makes no sense that they turned this down, but it's a great thing for us."

AMEN!!!

https://twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1364252843939684354?s=21

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2021, 11:51:38 AM »
Jurrah making....sense?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2021, 11:59:04 AM »
Jurrah making....sense?

I know it's fun to rag on Jerry Jones because he's a Texas oil billionaire who owns the most loved and most hated team in the NFL, but generally I find him to be a really good owner.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2021, 12:47:35 PM »
I know it's fun to rag on Jerry Jones because he's a Texas oil billionaire who owns the most loved and most hated team in the NFL, but generally I find him to be a really good owner.
I respect that he wants to win, and that he's loyal to his guys, but I would prefer an owner let the football people run the football ship. Crazy that an owner is also the GM.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2021, 01:03:02 PM »
I respect that he wants to win, and that he's loyal to his guys, but I would prefer an owner let the football people run the football ship. Crazy that an owner is also the GM.

I 100% agree, but the power structure for decision making has shifted slightly there in recent years

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2022, 09:28:54 PM »
I don’t like Jerry Jones. There’s plenty of reasons for that.

But damnit, do I respect him as a sports team owner.

Tags: