Author Topic: Whisky / whiskey  (Read 12899 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: Whisky / whiskey
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2017, 12:03:03 PM »
Seriously. I said a long time ago he had enough stories to make his own thread. We live vicariously through him.

Speak for yourself.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2017, 12:12:04 PM »
Seriously. I said a long time ago he had enough stories to make his own thread. We live vicariously through him.

You do what you want, but he posted a photo of the girl on Facebook, and I'm not living vicariously through excrement.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2017, 12:12:46 PM »
Fine, fine, guys. "Living vicariously through him" was too hyperbolic.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

ukilledkenny

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2017, 12:40:57 PM »
You do what you want, but he posted a photo of the girl on Facebook, and I'm not living vicariously through excrement.

I don't think he did but he probably will now because you have a hold over his ego.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2017, 12:58:26 PM »
Haha say what you want but I'm just doing what I have to do.

I knew the Irish loved Guinness but holy excrement. I can count on my hand how many people in this bar are drinking something else besides it.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2017, 07:47:13 PM »
Geez just had some Bookers tonight, it without a shadow of doubt needed ice in it. It was too strong to just sip neat. All in all I still like Buffalo Trace better, although Bookers is pretty good.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2017, 09:20:22 PM »
I finally had Blanton's tonight, the one with the famous round bottle that is in a lot of shows, notably Justified. I loved it, it was way better than the Bookers I had last night and the best part was the freebee. The bartender poured a sparse one, I get it neat with the side of ice. I was wondering if that was a legit drink or not. Anyway, I didn't complain, I was with my Mom and Pizza. The BT said about 10 minutes in, " Hey that drink was not an amount we serve it's on me."

There wasn't much left in the bottle. I had Bulleit Rye after as they ran out of Blantons, which is a bit pricey but it's worth it, it's very good. The Bulleit Rye is fantastic as Rye's go and is moderately priced.

Edit: they also had regular Bulleit and Bulleit 10. Don't get Bulleit 10, it's more expensive and just not worth it. The regular Bulleit or Rye is just as good.I made that mistake and the extra money was just not worth it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 01:47:44 AM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2017, 11:26:15 PM »
Oban single malt tonight at home as snow falls. Decent single malt, a really nice fruit/honey taste. No peat to speak of for a Scotch but got the bottle for free so never going to complain.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2017, 08:23:47 PM »

Macallan 18. A friend gifted me a nip of it and it is soooooo smooth. Only my 2nd time having it.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2018, 09:23:38 AM »
My son graduated this past weekend, so we rented a house up in Massachusetts for our whole family to hang out all weekend. There was a bottle of 18-year Glenfiddich in one of the cabinets with a couple of glasses worth left. I've had regular Glenfiddich in the past, and I like it, but the 18 year was absolutely delicious. It was incredibly smooth and full of flavor.

I'm definitely a scotch fan, but I still haven't found a single bourbon or rye I can stand.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2018, 12:15:56 PM »
George Dickel is damn good whisky I found since moving to TN. I would take it over JD every single time.
Tom Brady kisses his kids like that kid from Glee who hung himself last week.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2018, 03:00:55 PM »
Oban single malt tonight at home as snow falls. Decent single malt, a really nice fruit/honey taste. No peat to speak of for a Scotch but got the bottle for free so never going to complain.
I got a bottle of Oban 14 from one of my former customers as a going away gift and I concur. It is a damn fine scotch.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2018, 12:28:42 AM »
Picked up a bottle of heavily discounted Yamazaki 12 year yesterday. Really pleasant, fruit and citrus forward. Almost creamy, really easy drinking to close out a hot day.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2018, 12:06:28 PM »
I got wrecked off a bottle of Crown Royal last night. I’ve already shat twice this morning.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2019, 10:40:55 AM »
Anyone recommend a bottle of Scotch for about $100 please? I know freak all about Scotch, it's for a gift.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: