Author Topic: Bart Scott on the FAN  (Read 12585 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Bart Scott on the FAN
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2018, 07:53:27 AM »
ASJ in studio in 10 minutes
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2018, 08:11:58 AM »
This dude is so humble. Said he viewed this season as his rookie year and gave himself a 6/10 grade.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2018, 08:15:25 AM »
When asked about his free agency, he said he wants to return to the Jets. He says they have a great young core in place.

He’s a big fan of Bowles. “Phenomenal coach.”

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2018, 09:38:48 AM »
If we wind up with Mayfield, he'd be a happy guy.  Every other pass was to his TE.

Need to get him up the seams and stop this dump off/screen bullshit.  That was my primary fault on Morton.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2018, 09:46:18 AM »
If we wind up with Mayfield, he'd be a happy guy.  Every other pass was to his TE.

Need to get him up the seams and stop this dump off/screen bullshit.  That was my primary fault on Morton.

I have absolutely no problem with screen passes, done right they're extremely effective. It's the slow developing lateral pass to a flatfooted Ardarius Stewart four yards behind the LOS with no screen and three defenders to beat that pissed me off.

I'm a big fan of Josh McCown and everything he did this season, but there were plenty of occasions where a younger QB would have taken off rather than making that pass. It's good that McCown wasn't taking unnecessary contact, but if the receiver is getting tackled for a loss the net impact is no better than a sack.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2018, 01:56:56 PM »
I have absolutely no problem with screen passes, done right they're extremely effective. It's the slow developing lateral pass to a flatfooted Ardarius Stewart four yards behind the LOS with no screen and three defenders to beat that pissed me off.

I'm a big fan of Josh McCown and everything he did this season, but there were plenty of occasions where a younger QB would have taken off rather than making that pass. It's good that McCown wasn't taking unnecessary contact, but if the receiver is getting tackled for a loss the net impact is no better than a sack.
I should have been more specific, I hated those calls going to ASJ.  I don't mind well executed screens at all.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2018, 02:44:45 PM »

It's well noted how I feel about Mayfield as a player, but I was just thinking about this team and its construction which was heavily based on the type of personalities Duff and Bowles wanted to bring in.  On each of their ESPN Radio interviews this week they sound like they were and are very focused on bringing the right people into this locker room to keep a positive attitude.  Duff even talked a lot about it when he was discussing what Josh McCown means to this team.  With that in mind, I wonder if Mayfield's polarity would take him out of consideration. 

I know in the grand scheme of things he hasn't done anything really bad like steel crab legs or assault his girlfriend.  Most of it is just gamesmanship, but it's polarizing either way and something to think about.

We have one of the youngest teams in the league and although our locker room seems strong at the moment, which I am defining by our teams effort in the last couple of games, I feel that it isn't necessarily stable right now, and one wrong piece could damage everything Bowles and Duff have worked to achieve.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2018, 02:59:57 PM »
It's well noted how I feel about Mayfield as a player, but I was just thinking about this team and its construction which was heavily based on the type of personalities Duff and Bowles wanted to bring in.  On each of their ESPN Radio interviews this week they sound like they were and are very focused on bringing the right people into this locker room to keep a positive attitude.  Duff even talked a lot about it when he was discussing what Josh McCown means to this team.  With that in mind, I wonder if Mayfield's polarity would take him out of consideration. 

I know in the grand scheme of things he hasn't done anything really bad like steel crab legs or assault his girlfriend.  Most of it is just gamesmanship, but it's polarizing either way and something to think about.

We have one of the youngest teams in the league and although our locker room seems strong at the moment, which I am defining by our teams effort in the last couple of games, I feel that it isn't necessarily stable right now, and one wrong piece could damage everything Bowles and Duff have worked to achieve.
I know where you are coming from.  The #1 intangible I would be looking at with a rookie QB is leadership, and how his team rallied behind him.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2018, 03:04:29 PM »
I know where you are coming from.  The #1 intangible I would be looking at with a rookie QB is leadership, and how his team rallied behind him.

Not sure about you, but I didn't at any point see him charging up and down the sidelines of the Rose Bowl game geeing up his defense, talking to his guys and generally doing everything I want from a quarterback, and think "you know, his problem is that he's just not enough of a leader".
A cross-dressing limey poofter

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2018, 05:26:09 PM »
Not sure about you, but I didn't at any point see him charging up and down the sidelines of the Rose Bowl game geeing up his defense, talking to his guys and generally doing everything I want from a quarterback, and think "you know, his problem is that he's just not enough of a leader".
I'm in no way saying he isn't a leader or that people do not naturally gravitate towards him.  I'm saying his actions are polarizing which naturally could divide a locker room if things start going south during the season.  All it takes is for one player to say something in the locker room about getting tired of his antics after 3 straight losses, and then Manish Mehta will report the Jets locker room is in shambles and the team hates their quarterback.  Quickly followed by ESPN's full coverage of Baked Mayfield and then players are choosing sides.  One cornerback derailed the classy Giants locker room and Kaepernick hasn't even been able to land a job.  I'm guessing our brass may be contemplating these sorts of things because it seems like an important facet of their "team" building.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 05:45:10 PM by insanity »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2018, 10:30:54 AM »

Steeling crab legs = really bad

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MkrwHhn2i6o

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2018, 01:36:24 PM »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2018, 01:53:24 PM »
Cousins: "playcalling, systems, the head coach, GM, who I'm throwing to..." on what's most important to him.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2018, 01:54:01 PM »
Cousins: "winning is everything. It's not about the money. I wanna win."

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2018, 02:22:21 PM »
Based on the interview it sounded like he expects to be back with the Redskins and was lukewarm at best in playing for the Jets

Tags: