Author Topic: Jets goose gets Boyled by Falcons 13-8  (Read 2017 times)

ScotlandJet

• Vinny Testaverde
Re: Jets goose gets Boyled by Falcons 13-8
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2023, 04:25:57 AM »
I dont see another win on the schedule.  This should cook the GM and HC.  I don't care if Rodgers is back or not in 2024.
[/quote
I dont see another win on the schedule.  This should cook the GM and HC.  I don't care if Rodgers is back or not in 2024.

It would be crazy to think Rogers will manage to last a season on this Jets team. With all the holes we need to address on the O line we need to seriously face up to the fact that we need a new QB in the draft.
...first prize a Cadillac Eldorado- second prize, a set of Steak Knives

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2023, 05:40:17 AM »
Money.

We were phasing him out despite the money until we cut Carter. Now he’s getting more reps and at things he isn’t good at, like pass pro.

Why can’t this offensive staff just not suck at something? I mean seriously, amongst the entire offensive coaching staff, what is one thing they are good at?

Our position players aren’t developing, we commit tons of atrocious (mostly presnap) penalties, we can’t scheme anyone open, we have QBs that are afraid to throw down the field and there is no sign of any of it improving.
Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2023, 07:49:45 AM »
Supposedly Izzy was sick yesterday
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2023, 08:25:23 AM »
More and more I think Hackett wasn't Saleh's hire and his hands are tied in what can be done about playcalling and personnel.

Every QB on the roster is a 3rd stringer right now, and I don't know that you can blame him for that. He was "all-in" on Zach, but what if it was because Douglas told him "I got you Aaron, it didn't work, but I also got you Zach, so make that work"?

I'm fed up with everyone, including Saleh, so it doesn't even matter. I'd just like to know how much is coming from Joe. And I feel bad for Ulbrich who is going to go down with the ship and doesn't deserve it.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2023, 11:41:25 AM »
This season was mostly over after the 4th snap.  It fully ended with our offensive line dying and having no good backup QB.  No point in blaming anyone for anything other than not having a good backup QB and whatever caused our offensive line to all die.  After that, no coach or GM in the world could fix this mess. They would all look bad with this team.  Even removing the dumb penalties and mistakes wouldn't get us near the playoffs.  They are just annoying.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2023, 02:17:31 PM »
This season was mostly over after the 4th snap.  It fully ended with our offensive line dying and having no good backup QB.  No point in blaming anyone for anything other than not having a good backup QB and whatever caused our offensive line to all die.  After that, no coach or GM in the world could fix this mess. They would all look bad with this team.  Even removing the dumb penalties and mistakes wouldn't get us near the playoffs.  They are just annoying.

I don't really agree with this.

Bad QB play has caused a lot of problems. It's killed the run game because teams dare us to beat them in the air and we don't.

The line is certainly the biggest weakness but even with a good line, at least two of our QBs are garbage and the other has been mostly a bust. I understood not going hard after Cousins, but not pursuing Tannehill who lost his job for good immediately post-deadline was bad business.

The defense has been way too good to waste with historically bad QB play.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2023, 02:20:13 PM »
Depends how you view the season being over.

Super Bowl hopes were eliminated after 4 plays.

Playoff hopes could have still existed with a different quarterback.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2023, 06:18:01 PM »
I don't know this person, but interesting:

https://twitter.com/BuffaloJetFan/status/1732062948619592145

Maybe Bob was right.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2023, 06:20:45 PM »
Vilma was pointing it out all game. I'm not shocked.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2023, 09:19:33 AM »
Jets officially 0-3 in the extra game since the launch of the 17 game schedule. What a privilege it's been to witness an extra L every year. Thank you NFL.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2023, 09:21:30 AM »
Jets officially 0-3 in the extra game since the launch of the 17 game schedule. What a privilege it's been to witness an extra L every year. Thank you NFL.

0-7 after the bye. Scrap the bye week.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2023, 09:31:21 AM »
0-7 after the bye. Scrap the bye week.
We won after the bye.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2023, 09:33:37 AM »
We won after the bye.

Yeah but still.

So, 1-6 with the 1 being that shitfest against the Giants, then we lost the next 5. The bye is ruining football.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: