Author Topic: Papa John’s related news (now featuring Domino’s news)  (Read 8683 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 12:29:33 PM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: Papa John’s related news
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 06:33:41 PM »
A day after Papa John’s CEO claimed that player protests in the NFL were responsible for lower sales at the chain, the man in charge of Pizza Hut says that’s ridiculous.

“We’re not seeing impact on any of that on our business,” Greg Creed, CEO of Yum Brands—parent company of Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and other chains—said in a call with investors on Thursday. Yum Brands posted third-quarter earnings and revenue that beat analyst forecasts, due in part to Pizza Hut’s improved performance.

http://fortune.com/2017/11/02/nfl-protests-papa-johns-pizza-hut/

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 06:49:53 PM »
Papa John's decline might just be due to the fact that customers who buy his cardboard with ketchup and fake cheese pizza only buy it ONE TIME

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 02:53:06 PM »
Ladies and Gentleman, I am stepping down as CEO of Papa John's because the NFL, not the fact I make disgusting horrible pizza.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 06:44:57 AM »
Pizza Hut immediately reaches agreement to be official pizza sponsor of the NFL

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 06:46:40 AM »

Pizza Hut immediately reaches agreement to be official #shitpizza sponsor of the NFL

Fyp

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 07:32:09 AM »

Fyp

Haven’t had it in a long time, but Pizza Hut “thin ‘n crispy” was tremendous as a kid

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 08:39:27 AM »
Haven’t had it in a long time, but Pizza Hut “thin ‘n crispy” was tremendous as a kid

Don't get me wrong, I still eat all the shitpizzas from time to time because of where I live and having little kids, birthday parties, etc.  For some reason I like Papa Johns the best of all the shitpizzas. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 08:55:21 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I still eat all the shitpizzas from time to time because of where I live and having little kids, birthday parties, etc.  For some reason I like Papa Johns the best of all the shitpizzas. 

I find all other forms of shitpizza barely edible besides aforementioned thin n crispy. And my guess is that sucks now too, because 2018.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 10:54:33 PM »
I had Pizza Hut once last year and even with low expectations I was still disappointed.

Still better than Cici's though.

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2018, 06:38:32 AM »
The only thing worse than Papa Johns is probably Chuck E Cheese birthday party pizza. It's that bad. The scary thing is that in certain areas of the country Papa Johns is considered the only option besides a slice at the gas station.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2018, 09:06:19 AM »
The only thing worse than Papa Johns is probably Chuck E Cheese birthday party pizza. It's that bad. The scary thing is that in certain areas of the country Papa Johns is considered the only option besides a slice at the gas station.

I grew up in one of those areas.  It's amazing what you think is good when you've never had good.  I used to love Pizza Hut because it was the only thing around besides frozen pizza at the grocery store, and when I was a kid, frozen pizza was nowhere near as good as it is today.  And that's saying something.

Even though I don't live in a big city now, I'm close enough and thankfully there are a few Mom and Pop Italian restaurants around that have a pretty good slice.  It isn't a NY slice, but it's certainly better than Domino's.  I haven't had Chucky Cheese since I was a kid. I can't remember it, but I'm sure it was bad. 

I remember when Pizza Hut first started having an afternoon all-you-can-eat buffet back when I was a kid.  The pizza buffet was this new, fancy idea and all the fat slobs came out of the woodwork and hovered over the buffet line.  It was so disgusting.  It seemed like they baked a bunch of cheese pizzas and threw whatever toppings they had laying around on it.  It was like the gluttony scenes from Seven.  You could smell the diabeetus.  Ugh.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 09:50:46 AM »
My wife's family are from rural Ontario and they have this pizza place they rave about. They say it's the best pizza I'll ever have and I don't know what I'm missing. I finally tried it a little while back and it was truly disgusting - an inch of bread, the same amount of cheese and enough pepperoni to give a small elephant a heart attack. They literally judge a pizza on the quantity of cheese and toppings.

It astonishes me that people fail to understand the fundamentals of what is one of the most simple dishes out there; it's about the balance of bread, sauce and cheese being just right. Of course each element has to be executed well to elevate it into being a properly good pizza, but so many people seem to judge pizza quality based on its ability to clog their arteries.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: