Author Topic: 2018 Quarterbacks  (Read 59162 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: 2018 Quarterbacks
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2017, 04:30:14 PM »
I'm honestly fine with Lamar Jackson if we don't get a top-2 pick.

I'll need to watch Josh Allen more closely. Box score scouting for him makes him look awful, but need to actually watch him play more.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2017, 05:23:13 PM »
I'm honestly fine with Lamar Jackson if we don't get a top-2 pick.

I'll need to watch Josh Allen more closely. Box score scouting for him makes him look awful, but need to actually watch him play more.

He's so hard to get a read on because his supporting cast is just awful. In the Hawaii game there were 4 throws down field that were dropped (3 of which were pretty incredible). It seems like he's pressured on 75% of his pass attempts. I'm sure he's really regretting going back to school right now. He's not really able to develop or progress in that offense.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2017, 08:12:22 PM »
Heismanberg, does Darnold's release worry you at all?

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2017, 08:40:27 PM »
Heismanberg, does Darnold's release worry you at all?

Not at all. 

The ball comes out quickly.  He had a skinny post throw that Burnett dropped last night that was just an elite NFL throw from the pocket.  That speed out they do in their quick passing game is nice too. 

I didn't like Tee Martin's playcalling last night with the banged up line.  He put the QB in some bad spots. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2017, 08:50:57 PM »
Not at all. 

The ball comes out quickly.  He had a skinny post throw that Burnett dropped last night that was just an elite NFL throw from the pocket.  That speed out they do in their quick passing game is nice too. 

I didn't like Tee Martin's playcalling last night with the banged up line.  He put the QB in some bad spots.

Yeah I agree, its a tad unconventional, but it generates a lot of velocity to make up for the faction of a second that the wind up adds. He hasn't really received a lot of help from his team so far from what I can tell. After watching the game from last night a second time, it seemed like no one was ever really open.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2017, 10:06:20 PM »
Yeah I agree, its a tad unconventional, but it generates a lot of velocity to make up for the faction of a second that the wind up adds. He hasn't really received a lot of help from his team so far from what I can tell. After watching the game from last night a second time, it seemed like no one was ever really open.

Deontay Burnett is a good receiver, but he's playing hurt and that was pretty obvious last night.

I think that Ronald Jones II is one of the best players in college football, but he's also playing hurt.  USC has a ton of talent, they are just beat up all over the place.  Their best defensive player was out last night too. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2017, 04:52:45 PM »
Darnold was garbage on Friday and was acting like a bitch on the sideline.  He's clearly a bust in the making.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2017, 05:55:00 PM »
Darnold isn't something I'd worry about right now. The Chargers will probably wind up with the top pick and he Darnold will just have to move across town instead of across the country.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2017, 10:11:31 PM »
Darnold isn't something I'd worry about right now. The Chargers will probably wind up with the top pick and he Darnold will just demand a trade to the Giants like a little bitch.

FYP

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2017, 12:07:22 AM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2017, 04:29:48 AM »
Rosen the chosen

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2017, 07:25:39 AM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2017, 09:13:07 AM »
Lamar Jackoson
1st article after we draft Lamar Jackoson....

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2017, 11:44:41 AM »
Am I crazy for liking Baker Mayfield quite a bit? My definitive #3 QB right now. He has improved as a passer, especially from the pocket, so much from last year- his arm strength even looks better. If he was 6'3 I think he would be a top 5 pick.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2017, 06:19:22 PM »
Nick Camino @NickCaminoWTAM

Per @AlbertBreer, Sam Darnold will want to wait and see who has the top pick or two in the NFL Draft. If it's Browns, he could stay at USC.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: