Author Topic: 2017 Preseason Week 2- Jets @ Lions  (Read 4858 times)

casman02

• Chad Pennington
Re: 2017 Preseason Week 2- Jets @ Lions
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2017, 07:41:13 PM »
No one looks good. Even Adams is kind of sucking...

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 07:43:33 PM »
The Jets website will have a tough time polishing this turd.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 07:53:10 PM »
we couldn't even use this game as a way to gauge hackenberg's progress. he had absolutely no time or opportunities behind that line. waste of a half game

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 07:55:50 PM »
Unless the Jets get 3 1st round picks, they can't tank their way into a 2018 upgrade.  It is preseason though.  Garbage tonight though.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2017, 08:09:34 PM »
Frankie Hammond, you too can sell insurance next week!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2017, 08:25:25 PM »
There's a new sherriff in town and his name is Reggie Hammond.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2017, 09:28:19 PM »
Giants are gonna smother the freak out of this team next week.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2017, 10:42:08 PM »
Marcus Maye was very good tonight.  I thought the defensive line played extremely well too (Williams, Richardson, and Jenkins especially).

Every unit in our offense is trash. 

The receivers are so awful and that really does fall on Mike Maccagnan.  Robby Anderson is fast, but that's really all he has.  He can run maybe two routes and he's only ever really been successful as a situational deep threat.  The only potential every down threat in the passing game (besides the backs) is suspended the first two games of the regular season. 

The offensive line is a mess.  Johnson was putrid tonight.

Christian Hackenberg can't succeed with this.  He was bad tonight too, but he couldn't even take a one step drop on a few plays.  And on the plays where he had a little bit of time, no one was even close to being open.    That slant he threw to Charone Peake was absolutely terrible, but that kind of stuff happens when he's getting hit every time he drops back. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2017, 10:52:49 PM »
I'm convinced that Rich Cimini just looks at statistics and actually knows very little about football.

Everything Todd Bowles said about Christian Hackenberg in the press conference is fair.  They struggle in pass protection and did not give him much a chance to be fairly evaluated...but Cimini is out here claiming that Bryce Petty should be the backup because he was below average against some third and fourth stringers.

sg3

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2017, 05:05:16 AM »
Dick Semen is and always has been the worst of all the rotten hacks pretending to be journalists covering the Jets. 

Every slimy pile of poop he writes is pure pandering to SOJFs and to his bosses at ESPNE

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2017, 09:39:30 AM »
Cimini wasn't terrible until the preseason started.  His claim that Hackenberg wasn't pressured on all six of his pass attempts is absurd...and he backs it up by saying he watched film.

He also says that Peake dropped the slant that Hack forced to him.  Awful sports journalism.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2017, 10:40:41 AM »
I think Petty looked good enough to make the team.  Beyond that, who knows. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2017, 11:01:02 AM »
I think Petty looked good enough to make the team.  Beyond that, who knows. 

He should make the team.  He's a good locker room guy and this team absolutely needs three quarterbacks. 

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2017, 03:09:07 PM »
He should make the team.  He's a good locker room guy and this team absolutely needs three quarterbacks. 

If the OL is gonna play like they did last night all season, we might be looking at a year where we use more than 3 again
Need a new one for a new board...

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2017, 09:37:24 AM »
Cimini wasn't terrible until the preseason started.  His claim that Hackenberg wasn't pressured on all six of his pass attempts is absurd...and he backs it up by saying he watched film.

He also says that Peake dropped the slant that Hack forced to him.  Awful sports journalism.

Thanks for this.

I'm not a film guy. I freely admit there's a lot of nuance in games I don't see, but I feel like I'm "better than the average fan" in terms of seeing things in-game. I felt like while Hackenberg had zero success, there was no way to be successful from what I was seeing with that offensive line and receivers. Seeing someone who actually knows how to watch film say this makes me feel better.

It wasn't just Cimini. All the beat writers were piling on Hackenberg's performance. It wasn't good by any measure, but what the hell was he supposed to have done?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Tags: