Author Topic: LolTimore  (Read 15499 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: LolTimore
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2023, 05:51:44 PM »
It's hard to imagine JD and Saleh going back on their word and scrapping the whole Rodgers/Wilson thing to suddenly start chasing Jackson

If Green Bay has the mental delusions that they're going to get 8 million picks for Rodgers and maintains this throguh the summer, or if someone else jumps in and pays it. Then I could see a pivot to Jackson, But for JD to literally say it would be negotiating in bad faith and then to go do it? Sounds pretty cut and dry to me that the Jackson fantasy never was and never will be
JD isn't going to announce to the world what he's doing. So expect anything.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2023, 05:56:05 PM »

If Green Bay has the mental delusions that they're going to get 8 million picks for Rodgers and maintains this throguh the summer, or if someone else jumps in and pays it.

Don't think anyone else will jump in considering Rodgers announced his intention.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2023, 06:02:25 PM »
JD isn't going to announce to the world what he's doing. So expect anything.

Sounds like he did. At this time it would be negotiating in bad faith by talking to Lamar, since he isn’t their top choice and they have no intention of signing him. If he becomes their top choice (because Rodgers is no longer an option) negotiating with Lamar is no longer considered in bad faith, because they actually are trying to come to an agreement.
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2023, 06:38:37 PM »

Don't think anyone else will jump in considering Rodgers announced his intention.

I wouldn't expect it either. But this is March

If we're having this conversation in July it could be a different story

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2023, 07:49:18 PM »
Sounds like he did. At this time it would be negotiating in bad faith by talking to Lamar, since he isn’t their top choice and they have no intention of signing him. If he becomes their top choice (because Rodgers is no longer an option) negotiating with Lamar is no longer considered in bad faith, because they actually are trying to come to an agreement.
Eat some more of his media rhetoric, lemming.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2023, 09:52:17 PM »
Everyone knows what the deal is. Packers know they will trade him to the Jets. Jets know they will trade for him.

There's no reason to get into Lamar Jackson talks at this point. Rodgers is our guy. Lamar can become a backup plan if this drags on past the draft.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2023, 09:57:46 PM »
Everyone knows what the deal is. Packers know they will trade him to the Jets. Jets know they will trade for him.

There's no reason to get into Lamar Jackson talks at this point. Rodgers is our guy. Lamar can become a backup plan if this drags on past the draft.
I'm at the point where the holdup is now retarded.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2023, 10:05:22 PM »
I'm at the point where the holdup is now retarded.

Honestly the hold up for whatever reason might be the best thing for us. Everyone expects us to send a 2 for Rodgers this year and a conditional next year. Well if we go beyond the draft, then that pick becomes a straight conditional next year. Which almost certainly ensures we either pay very little if it doesn’t work out (like the Favre trade) or it works out, and we are all plenty happy to pay a premium pick at that point.
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2023, 11:14:01 PM »
Libero is spot on. At this point the holdup is just vanity and has no negative impact on the product on the field.

We don't need Rodgers signed in March, and it probably benefits us. The asking price for Rodgers is too high for most of us, and it comes down with time.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2023, 01:36:18 PM »
Libero is spot on. At this point the holdup is just vanity and has no negative impact on the product on the field.

We don't need Rodgers signed in March, and it probably benefits us. The asking price for Rodgers is too high for most of us, and it comes down with time.
No, you want him under contract asap because it affects the rest of FA and what we do at the draft. And when it comes to this franchise, I prefer not to freak around and play with fire.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2023, 01:43:30 PM »
No, you want him under contract asap because it affects the rest of FA and what we do at the draft. And when it comes to this franchise, I prefer not to freak around and play with fire.

It doesn't

He announced his intentions

The whole world knows Rodgers will be playing for the Jets next year.

There are no other options even on the table at this point

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #176 on: April 27, 2023, 04:36:11 PM »
MBs dream finally dies

Lamar gets 5 years 260m 185 gtd

75 million more gtd than Hurts

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #177 on: April 27, 2023, 04:47:46 PM »
MBs dream finally dies

Lamar gets 5 years 260m 185 gtd

75 million more gtd than Hurts
Once the Jets were off the table...he crawled back to Baltimore.  Good for him.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #178 on: April 28, 2023, 03:19:50 PM »
Once the Jets were off the table...he crawled back to Baltimore.  Good for him.
I dunno why this made me LOL so hard

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #179 on: August 18, 2023, 11:35:23 AM »
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
3m
Jadeveon Clowney is going to the ravens, per source.

Tags: