Author Topic: lolSteelers  (Read 40229 times)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: lolSteelers
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2018, 03:53:17 PM »
if the Steelers were run by certifiable nutjob like Gruden, i would lean your way.

Fair, but also bear in mind that the fact that they're well run is why he might get traded. They know that there's a price ceiling on a 26 year old running back with a cruciate reconstruction and a previous PED suspension, and if he won't accept their ceiling then they'll be well advised to find someone who will.

Pittsburgh have never had a problem finding running backs. Their system is built for it.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2018, 03:57:49 PM »
Fair, but also bear in mind that the fact that they're well run is why he might get traded. They know that there's a price ceiling on a 26 year old running back with a cruciate reconstruction and a previous PED suspension, and if he won't accept their ceiling then they'll be well advised to find someone who will.

Pittsburgh have never had a problem finding running backs. Their system is built for it.

They're not going to find a suitable replacement on the eve of the season, and James Conner isn't it either.

If they want to wash their hands of him, it'll be in the offseason is my guess.

I'm also aware that HB is a pluggable position, however Bell is a massive part of their offense (as a runner and a receiver).
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2018, 04:34:12 PM »
No one is going to give up a ton to turn around and over pay for Bell. 

Can't compare it to Mack.  Pass rushers are next to QB in importance in the NFL. 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2018, 04:51:46 PM »
No one is going to give up a ton to turn around and over pay for Bell. 

Can't compare it to Mack.  Pass rushers are next to QB in importance in the NFL. 

No one said "a ton". I said the trade rumours will start soon, because it makes no sense to keep an expiring asset on your roster that you're not going to be able to find a deal with if someone else will give up something in order to do so.

Obvious candidates for me are Seattle, SF and Indy. All have cap space, all have chopped liver at RB, all have their QBs in place and the need to give him more weapons.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2018, 05:00:36 PM »
No one said "a ton". I said the trade rumours will start soon, because it makes no sense to keep an expiring asset on your roster that you're not going to be able to find a deal with if someone else will give up something in order to do so.

Obvious candidates for me are Seattle, SF and Indy. All have cap space, all have chopped liver at RB, all have their QBs in place and the need to give him more weapons.
The Seahawks spent a 1st rd pick on Rashad Penny...you can cross them off your list.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2018, 05:09:49 PM »
The Seahawks spent a 1st rd pick on Rashad Penny...you can cross them off your list.

Fair point, forgot about that.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2018, 05:15:23 PM »
Is Bell going to sign a new deal for a new team that he wouldn't sign for Pitt?  A team isn't going to trade for him if they aren't sure they can sign him to a deal.  The Steelers aren't going to trade him for peanuts.  They'd rather keep him and let him finish out this year than give him up for a 5th rounder or some crap.

I just don't see a team out there looking to sign Bell to a good deal and give up reasonable compensation to do it.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2018, 06:31:21 PM »
Is Bell going to sign a new deal for a new team that he wouldn't sign for Pitt?  A team isn't going to trade for him if they aren't sure they can sign him to a deal.  The Steelers aren't going to trade him for peanuts.  They'd rather keep him and let him finish out this year than give him up for a 5th rounder or some crap.

I just don't see a team out there looking to sign Bell to a good deal and give up reasonable compensation to do it.

I agree which is why Bell will play out the year as a Steeler. It would be interesting to gauge what people think he will get paid. He’s got a ton of tread that’s been worn off his tires, he has a suspension under his belt and he has already had knee surgery.

I’d bet he wants the richest RB contract ever. I’d expect he ends up getting $10-12 million per year from some team hoping he has 2 years left.
Need a new one for a new board...

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2018, 03:10:17 PM »
Steelers teammates not happy with Le’Veon Bell no show, led by vet G Ramon Foster, their player rep:
“What do you do? here’s a guy who doesn’t give a damn, I guess so we’ll treat it as such. I just hate it came to this. “

More Ramon Foster on Bell: “He’s making 7 times what I make twice as much as Al (Villanueva) is making and we’re the guys who do it for him.”

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2018, 11:48:58 AM »
I agree which is why Bell will play out the year as a Steeler. It would be interesting to gauge what people think he will get paid. He’s got a ton of tread that’s been worn off his tires, he has a suspension under his belt and he has already had knee surgery.

I’d bet he wants the richest RB contract ever. I’d expect he ends up getting $10-12 million per year from some team hoping he has 2 years left.

He's gonna be an UFA still in his prime. If Gurley got a 4 years 60 million extension (yes he was under his rookie deal still) I know bell is going to want more than 10 to 12 million a year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 14 to 16 million a year for 4 years with at least 50 million guaranteed. Him being a free agent in his prime basically guarantees setting records for a RBs contract. The question is how healthy can be finish this season

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2018, 12:25:57 PM »
I don't blame Bell one bit trying to get his money. I think the rest of the Steelers should shut their pieholes.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2018, 12:33:14 PM »
He's gonna be an UFA still in his prime. If Gurley got a 4 years 60 million extension (yes he was under his rookie deal still) I know bell is going to want more than 10 to 12 million a year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 14 to 16 million a year for 4 years with at least 50 million guaranteed. Him being a free agent in his prime basically guarantees setting records for a RBs contract. The question is how healthy can be finish this season

As long as the Jets aren't the ones offering him that kind of money next year. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2018, 12:36:37 PM »
As long as the Jets aren't the ones offering him that kind of money next year.
The radio guys this morning said he's a lock to be a Jet if he hits the market... so that means it'll never happen.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2018, 02:23:44 PM »
the steelers o-lineman were being biggity bitches

if you want him to come in and you're pissed that's one thing, but don't start throwing around or comparing numbers and money. i have never seen that before and it shouldn't have happened

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2018, 02:57:19 PM »
Steelers think they are different than every other team. 

Tags: