Author Topic: lolSteelers  (Read 40339 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: lolSteelers
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2018, 11:29:15 AM »
And I'll piggyback onto that saying that the tag values for running back and tight end are pretty low and shitty if you're at the top of your position and have a rare role and skill set like Bell. There's not many backs so heavily involved in the passing game like he is, so he really has everything working against him

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2018, 11:45:12 AM »
Get this guy just so I can call him Me’Veon Bell
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2018, 11:45:25 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he just comes back week 10 and plays out the season. Who knows if the Steelers even play him.  Basically he gets paid 5-6 games' salary for a rest year.  That will be an uncomfortable situation for that team.  No one on that team wants him there.  The Steelers might have to take less for him in trade value to avoid that.  I think the Steelers either get a later round pick for him or they take him back week 10 and bench him.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2018, 11:45:49 AM »
Get this guy just so I can call him Me’Veon Bell
Le'Meon

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2018, 12:29:49 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he just comes back week 10 and plays out the season. Who knows if the Steelers even play him.  Basically he gets paid 5-6 games' salary for a rest year.  That will be an uncomfortable situation for that team.  No one on that team wants him there.  The Steelers might have to take less for him in trade value to avoid that.  I think the Steelers either get a later round pick for him or they take him back week 10 and bench him.

Apparently the thought is the Earl Thomas situation is going to  be something to watch for guys like Bell. He's reporting to games, but skipping all practices and looking out for himself first and foremost. This could be a new type of holdout to get around the CBA rules and give players newfound leverage in contract negotiations

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2018, 12:40:43 PM »
Just to be totally clear, I don't fault Bell for his holdout. I used to be really against players holding out, but the reality is, they put their livelihoods on the line and get a fraction of the profit, so I've become a lot more player friendly as I've grown older.

I just see a lot more reasons why the Jets shouldn't trade for him than I do in favor of it. Again, as talented as he is, what's he going to do behind this offensive line? He'll get clobbered. And that leads to my biggest issue with him coming here. He's made it known publicly that his intention is to protect his health this year in preparation for free agency. What motivation would he have to put in any effort here with this team's blocking?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2018, 01:14:27 PM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #157 on: December 31, 2018, 03:56:20 PM »
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Antonio Brown's "heated dispute" was with Ben Roethlisberger, resulting in Brown's Week 17 inactivity.

This report was echoed by The Athletic's Mark Kaboly. The football Brown allegedly threw "at a teammate" was directed at Roethlisberger, and Brown made his own decision to stay away from the team on Thursday and Friday. The Steelers did not let him play in Sunday's game. This is nothing a small pay raise wouldn't cure, and each NFL team will be adding $10 million to its salary cap in 2019.

Trade him for a 5th. 

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #158 on: December 31, 2018, 04:30:50 PM »
Trade him for a 5th. 

Santonio 2.0
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #159 on: December 31, 2018, 06:56:59 PM »
Sounds like Antonio Brown is a massive pain in the derriere, a locker room cancer, and an awful teammate.

Trade a 4th for him?

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #160 on: December 31, 2018, 11:49:24 PM »
He’s a great player but I’d prefer not having any more cancer on this team

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #161 on: January 01, 2019, 01:17:55 AM »
He’s a great player but I’d prefer not having any more cancer on this team

If you want 53 choir boys, I just don’t think it’s possible to win without a little bit of trash (or a lot). Brown would be an incredible add for Sams development. Similar, but clearly far superior than when we brought Braylon into help Sanchez.

We need some “dawgs” according to Adams, Brown qualifies.
Need a new one for a new board...

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #162 on: January 01, 2019, 01:33:46 PM »
If you want 53 choir boys, I just don’t think it’s possible to win without a little bit of trash (or a lot). Brown would be an incredible add for Sams development. Similar, but clearly far superior than when we brought Braylon into help Sanchez.

We need some “dawgs” according to Adams, Brown qualifies.

I'm fine with bringing in a few me guys to get the job done, but we aren't there yet.

IMO you do this when you're a step away from a superbowl with a cheap contract.  Not when you're coming off a 4-12 season you have 0 offensive leadership and the player is getting 15mil a year.

Hard no

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #164 on: January 01, 2019, 01:45:18 PM »
https://nypost.com/2019/01/01/ex-steelers-star-ryan-clark-turns-on-monster-antonio-brown/?utm_source=reddit.com

Sounds like more than just one team with crazy arrogant bastards on it.

When these guys get paid it all goes to their heads. I have to imagine very few of the guys getting “big” money are still good people
Need a new one for a new board...

Tags: