Author Topic: Marcus "the safety" Maye  (Read 31384 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Marcus "the other safety" Maye
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2017, 10:31:58 PM »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2017, 10:34:11 PM »
Unless of course the object is to lose games 9-6 this year, and then next year draft all offense and already have a defense ready to dominate.

Right, that's the "scorched earth" thing I was talking about. When you go full on rebuild, it's all about true BPA because you're looking at few wins the following year.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2017, 10:39:04 PM »
Right, that's the "scorched earth" thing I was talking about. When you go full on rebuild, it's all about true BPA because you're looking at few wins the following year.

We've gone full on rebuild. We should be drafting at or near the top of the draft the next couple years.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2017, 10:43:03 PM »
Jets have the youngest and one of the best set of safeties in the NFL.  While both can play both positions, Maye will probably play more FS.
Come on man.  Neither guy's even taken a practice snap yet.

Not to mention one could have already made the above argument when it was just Adams and Pryor.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2017, 10:44:10 PM »
Not suggesting Pryor couldn't improve, but he was one of the worst safeties in the league last year.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2017, 10:49:55 PM »
Not suggesting Pryor couldn't improve, but he was one of the worst safeties in the league last year.

Which is why nobody has offered us a deal for him
Need a new one for a new board...

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2017, 10:55:35 PM »
Keep him and try to fix him. Use him like mark Barron and the guy on the cardinals whose name escapes me
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2017, 10:57:27 PM »
Keep him and try to fix him. Use him like mark Barron and the guy on the cardinals whose name escapes me
Let Pryor just kill Brady.  Only job.  Get ejected, whatever.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2017, 11:08:50 PM »

Carson Palmer

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2017, 11:19:59 PM »
In the presser, Todd Bowles just said he's wanted to use a three safety package in the past but wasn't able to do it as much because of the personnel on the roster.

If we somehow hang on to Calvin Pryor , I think he'll take on that Deone Bucannon LB/S role. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2017, 11:21:51 PM »

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2017, 08:06:31 AM »
I don't know anything about this player but why back to back safeties?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Because our 2nd round picks never pan out, so there will be no conflict.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2017, 08:39:34 AM »
As Bowles said, there's no point in thinking of these guys as free safeties/strong safeties.  They are both interchangeable safeties and will play roles in the box and coverage.  They may excel at one or the other, but will do both.

I am interested to see if Bowles/Macc are serious about keeping Pryor.  I can't imagine we could get much for him anyway.  Unless he becomes a problem, might as well let him play out the year on the cheap.  He can start if Maye isn't ready to go day 1, be depth, or play the hybrid S/LB role.  Injuries happen also.

I'd think Gilchrist is gone, but you never know.  Maybe they just keep him around as insurance until the last minute and then release him if everyone makes it through camp healthy.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2017, 08:47:45 AM »
As Bowles said, there's no point in thinking of these guys as free safeties/strong safeties.  They are both interchangeable safeties and will play roles in the box and coverage.  They may excel at one or the other, but will do both.

I am interested to see if Bowles/Macc are serious about keeping Pryor.  I can't imagine we could get much for him anyway.  Unless he becomes a problem, might as well let him play out the year on the cheap.  He can start if Maye isn't ready to go day 1, be depth, or play the hybrid S/LB role.  Injuries happen also.

Marcus Maye should start from day one.  He's too good of an all-around player to sit.  I expect hiccups from him and Adams early on, but we should also expect a lot of promise and development over the year.  It will at least be fun watching them knock opposing players around all year. 

We'll have some exciting, young players on defense. 

I'd think Gilchrist is gone, but you never know.  Maybe they just keep him around as insurance until the last minute and then release him if everyone makes it through camp healthy.

I don't think Gilchrist will be ready to play until the middle of the regular season.  I'm still surprised he's still on this team. 

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2017, 11:20:00 AM »
The Cardinals used 3 "safeties" with Deone Buccanon, Tony Jefferson and Tyrann Mathieu so I guess its not inconceivable that Bowles wants to do the same here.

Tags: