Author Topic: Marcus "the safety" Maye  (Read 31234 times)

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Marcus "the safety" Maye
« Reply #285 on: November 05, 2021, 10:06:10 PM »
And the NFL might reasonably argue that franchise tags are good for the game.

It incentivises players to sign an extension with their current teams.

Imagine how shitty it would be if the nfl was more like the NBA where players said freak you and just went anywhere they wanted building dream teams, and it would make the nfl draft way more shitty.

Oh great the Jets finally found a stud franchise QB, now he's going to test the free market and tell the whole team to freak off.

I can understand the players not liking the tool, but it's such an important tool to the fans.
I have no idea what the hell you're trying to talk about with this NFL/NBA comparison.

The NFL probably has more player movement than any other league.

No individual NFL player outside of a couple of quarterbacks has as much impact as the best NBA players.

The way the NBA is structures, most star players sign a max extension with the teams that draft them. Most superstar players stay with their original teams for 9 years at the beginning of their career.

It's apples and automobiles.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #286 on: November 05, 2021, 10:23:47 PM »
I have no idea what the hell you're trying to talk about with this NFL/NBA comparison.

The NFL probably has more player movement than any other league.

No individual NFL player outside of a couple of quarterbacks has as much impact as the best NBA players.

The way the NBA is structures, most star players sign a max extension with the teams that draft them. Most superstar players stay with their original teams for 9 years at the beginning of their career.

It's apples and automobiles.

More player movement, but who has more movement of their best players?

When have you ever seen the best player on an NFL team walk away from a team? Not traded, but walk away. Virtually never. And if it does happen it's a respect thing in the twilight of their career. In the NBA losing the best player on your team is like a freaking game with this super team bullshit.

Hell the only reason we lost Revis was because we gave him some stupid excrement that didn't allow us to tag him
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 10:26:49 PM by dcm1602 »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #287 on: November 05, 2021, 10:57:02 PM »
More player movement, but who has more movement of their best players?

When have you ever seen the best player on an NFL team walk away from a team? Not traded, but walk away. Virtually never. And if it does happen it's a respect thing in the twilight of their career. In the NBA losing the best player on your team is like a freaking game with this super team bullshit.

Hell the only reason we lost Revis was because we gave him some stupid excrement that didn't allow us to tag him
The NFL literally has the franchise tag to prevent that from happening so players rarely have that option.

Instead, they must get traded. And trades are pretty much the only way players move in the NBA until they are longtime vets. Most crazy player movement in the NBA are tenured veterans. Most NFL stars aren't getting big money into their 30s

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #288 on: November 06, 2021, 05:00:15 PM »
My heart goes out to Maye who has always been a good soldier for us and seems to be a genuinely good dude (outside of the DUI) but I hope he freaking fires his agent for advising him not to accept our offer.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 05:09:20 PM by Andrew Ryan »

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #289 on: November 06, 2021, 05:07:32 PM »
Am I foolish to think that safety now supercedes corner as a need for us? Nickel and one of the outside corner spots seem to be locked down by MCII/Guidry and Hall. As long as at least one of the other guys (Echols/Pinnock/Dunn) turns out to be serviceable, we seem to be pretty okay there while at safety we've got Davis and nothing else.

Can't wait to see the reactions when we spend a top-5 pick on Hamilton...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #290 on: November 06, 2021, 06:07:30 PM »
Am I foolish to think that safety now supercedes corner as a need for us? Nickel and one of the outside corner spots seem to be locked down by MCII/Guidry and Hall. As long as at least one of the other guys (Echols/Pinnock/Dunn) turns out to be serviceable, we seem to be pretty okay there while at safety we've got Davis and nothing else.

Can't wait to see the reactions when we spend a top-5 pick on Hamilton...
Safety is a bigger need than cotnerback. I dont think that is even debatable. Hall looks good. Slot corner looks good. Echols could use an upgrade but he is a rookie so he could keep improving. And the depth are all rookies so they should get better.

We have little at safety. Davis has done little so far and we dont have anyone else if Maye is gone.

I dont like spending high picks at non premium positions but if you think Hamilton is an elite prospect, I'm not entirely opposed to it. It is a glaring need and if he is a better prospect than the guys around him, go get him.

Hamilton fills so many needs. Hell, he could play maybe even play linebacker with his size and skillset. I really like what I've seen but I haven't dug in that deeply yet to our draft picks.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #291 on: November 06, 2021, 06:55:31 PM »

Hamilton fills so many needs. Hell, he could play maybe even play linebacker with his size and skillset.

Forgive me for not considering this an endorsement.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #292 on: November 06, 2021, 08:54:33 PM »

It's déjà vu all over again...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #293 on: November 06, 2021, 08:55:05 PM »

We shall see come draft season. I want one OL. The other pick I am wide open to.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #294 on: November 07, 2021, 08:52:45 AM »
We shall see come draft season. I want one OL. The other pick I am wide open to.
BPA & BOLA

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #295 on: November 09, 2021, 08:30:31 AM »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #296 on: November 09, 2021, 08:33:01 AM »
How is he that fragile? He took 2 steps forward

turf monster got him
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #297 on: November 09, 2021, 08:46:32 AM »
turf monster got him
The turf monster is just another example of republican fear mongering to get you to sign contracts for less than you're worth!!!!

DONT BELIEVE THIS HOAX!!!!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #298 on: January 19, 2022, 02:46:41 PM »
Re-sign this loser and spend the pick on offense instead
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator