Author Topic: Sheldon Richardson says he'd go #1 in a re-draft  (Read 21244 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Sheldon Richardson says he'd go #1 in a re-draft
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2013, 01:18:23 AM »
Milliner has improved a lot in these last few games. He'll be quite good pretty soon IMO.

Agreed.  He got the excrement blocked out of him on the screen pass, but so did just about everyone on our defense.

I think the most fair comparison for him right now is Malcolm Jenkins, who eventually got moved to safety.  I think Milliner can start and play at a high level at either spot.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2013, 04:15:31 AM »
Apparently Richardson has been playing injured all season
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets

Super badass. Can you imagine him actually being healthy
Need a new one for a new board...

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2013, 04:17:55 AM »
Milliner has improved a lot in these last few games. He'll be quite good pretty soon IMO.

Yeah he has been much better, his coverage has been tighter and he is getting closer and closer to that first INT.
Need a new one for a new board...

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2013, 06:47:52 AM »
We'd be starting Darrin Walls and the twitter circle jerk about him likely would not exist

OMG DARRIN WALLS SO GOOD

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2013, 07:32:36 AM »
I like:

Richardson was in no jovial mood after the loss, despite his offensive heroics. He said he knew of Perry and that it “was cool” to be mentioned in the same breath as the former Chicago Bears defensive tackle who occasionally ran the football back in the day. But he admitted that none of that really mattered under Sunday’s circumstances.

“It was a touchdown. But it means nothing. We lost,” Richardson said.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2013, 09:28:24 AM »
Richardson has been doing this hurt all year?! Wow.

As for Milliner, he's improving, and that's all you can ask of a rookie, especially at a hard position. If only guys we drafted not in the first round didn't regress every week.

As for Walls, I've clamored for him to play more. He made a significant mistake yesterday. Would he do the same with more reps? I don't know. What I do know is that if Cromartie (who has played better the past two weeks) does leave, we're going to be worse in the secondary next year than this year. Thanks in large part to Ed Reed taking reps from guys we need to learn. Again, I was wrong about him too.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2013, 09:32:43 AM »
Richardson has been doing this hurt all year?! Wow.

As for Milliner, he's improving, and that's all you can ask of a rookie, especially at a hard position. If only guys we drafted not in the first round didn't regress every week.

As for Walls, I've clamored for him to play more. He made a significant mistake yesterday. Would he do the same with more reps? I don't know. What I do know is that if Cromartie (who has played better the past two weeks) does leave, we're going to be worse in the secondary next year than this year. Thanks in large part to Ed Reed taking reps from guys we need to learn. Again, I was wrong about him too.

Winters hasn't regressed, he sucks balls regardless.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2013, 09:38:10 AM »
Regress is a magic word we use whenever a player doesn't play as well as we thought they should have.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2013, 09:46:44 AM »
Winters hasn't regressed, he sucks balls regardless.

I guess that's fair enough. Still, he wasn't a complete turnstile at the start of his tenure and each week he seemingly gets a little worse (which seems incomprehensible).
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2013, 09:49:48 AM »
I guess that's fair enough. Still, he wasn't a complete turnstile at the start of his tenure and each week he seemingly gets a little worse (which seems incomprehensible).

He's been bad bro. His first game starting, Geno Atkins ate him for breakfast. Actually, he has nowhere to go but up.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 09:53:48 AM by Miamipuck »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2013, 10:19:39 AM »

Teams may not have realized he was such a weak link on the OL right away, I'm sure teams keyed in on him more as the season went on. So not only might he be bad, but he's probably being targeted by opposing defenses.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2013, 10:26:36 AM »
That's all fair enough. Maybe he hasn't "regressed" after all. Interestingly, that doesn't make me feel better.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2013, 10:35:34 AM »
Teams may not have realized he was such a weak link on the OL right away, I'm sure teams keyed in on him more as the season went on. So not only might he be bad, but he's probably being targeted by opposing defenses.

His first game was Cinci, he was Atkins bitch. He was flat out pathetic in his first game.

Edit: I stand corrected it was his 3rd game. Sorry about that, here was his PFF grade fwiw:

Jets LG Brian Winters graded at -3.7 in pass protection as he surrendered two sacks, a hit and three hurries on 46 attempts.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 10:42:22 AM by Miamipuck »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2013, 10:51:20 AM »
I'm not defending him, but better players than Brian Winters have been annihilated by Geno Atkins. It isn't like the guy is some two bit scrub, he's one of the best defensive linemen in the league.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2013, 11:04:21 AM »
I'm not defending him, but better players than Brian Winters have been annihilated by Geno Atkins. It isn't like the guy is some two bit scrub, he's one of the best defensive linemen in the league.

I was using it as an example because I erroneously thought it was his first game (it was his third) and used it to point out he sucked right from the start. Yes, I agree Geno makes most Olineman look bad.